• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Chronic Methadone (MMT) Constipation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackout1513

Greenlighter
I have been going to MMT now going on 2 months, it has really saved my life but I am suffering from INSANE constipation!! I am on 60mg now (tapering from 70mg to switch to bupe). I have literally bought everything you can buy over the counter for constipation and nothing works. The ONLY thing that works is Magnesium Citrate, and it is extremely painful and aggravating. The only way I can go is to drink an entire bottle of this painful shit I am so sick of this it's making me go insane! Does anybody have ANY advice for me? Please any advice will help!! Thanks in advance!

When I couldn't go and all from suboxone and I had eaten boxes of laxatives, enamels, drinking olive oil etc. I went for colonic irrigation, 80$ and it washed it all out of me and I've been going normally since, go do a few colonics then eat more fibre drink more water and it might help

I've heard of people doing that, I've always hoped I never had to do that yah know. But $80? That's relatively cheap I thought it would be a massive doctor bill. I usually use magnesium citrate it's the only thing that works and it really cleans you out but its really painful and aggravating that's the only way I can go. It's crazy man I've done every opiate under the sun almost and even fentanyl didn't stop me up as bad as methadone does! But I'm worried because I know it's really unhealthy for you to only go once a week.

The nice thing about colonic irrigation is in almost all cases you know they are going to clear you up, might take awhile to chip away at it if it's been a while but it works and isn't uncomfortable, just have a talk with the person doing it for 45 minutes while they wash the crap out of you.

I've been twice so far and I have been going every morning now and drinking more water and fibre as well to keep things flowing.

Well qorth the 80$, whether you believe there are other benefits to it or not it is great for opiate constipation and the lady said most of her clients are cancer patients who are all backed up and she cleans them out

when i was on MMT back in 2003 or so was when miralax was actually prescription only and my MMT doctor scripted me the miralax, it always worked wonders for my constipation but now it's over the counter. you just have to use it everyday so matter what, it kept me regular that's for sure. nothing else ever worked except for miralax.

Status
Not open for further replies.