• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Choral Hydrate

Aeon Psyche

Bluelighter
how much would a normal person need to ingest to get to a recreative expercience? It's been so long i forgot, what type of drug is it anyway?

I have used it before and enjoyed it :) don't worry, i just forgot the details. Phenobarbital was fun too but much more sedating..

Chlorobutanol is a barbiturate? And what exactly is EtOH? If I may ask. Just curious.

chloroform does not react with isopropanol at all. If you subject isopropanol to the same chlorination process as used to convert ethanol to chloral/chloral hydrate you would make hexachloroacetone.

Chloral hydrate is made by adding chlorine gas to pure ethyl alcohol and seperating the 2,2,2-trichloroacetaldehyde ("chloral") out & then combining it with water under the presence of an acid catalyst to make chloral hydrate, aka 2,2,2-trichloro-1,1-dihydroxyethane.

Chlorobutanol can be made by condensing chloroform and acetone with strong base as catalyst, it's an analog of trichloroethanol, technocally it's 1,1,1-trichloro-tert-butanol.

Chloral, chloral hydrate, chloroform, trichloroethanol, and chlorobutanol are all GABA-A agonists but also hepatotoxins and probably alsp carcinogens. They have long half lives and unpredictable strength of effects which means that they are basically of no use as either sedatives or anxiolytics any more.

I'm just beginning to understand the basics of organic chemistry. My thinking was isopropyl is not that much different from etOH thats all guys.

I'm just beginning to understand the basics of organic chemistry. My thinking was isopropyl is not that much different from etOH thats all guys.

The thing about organic chemistry is that carbon generally isn't all that eager to form bonds with other carbon atoms. Expose yourself to liquid chlorine or even gaseous fluorine, and it will cause massive chemical burns. Hold a chunk of coal or a diamond in your hand, and nothing will happen.

In fact, you might have noticed that coal and diamonds come from deep within the ground, where carbon-based material is exposed to extreme pressures and temperatures. In other words, you need to "incentivize" the individual carbon atoms into forming bonds, typically by bonding one of the carbons with something that will leave them with a deficiency of electrons (turning it into an "electrophile"), and bonding the other carbon with something that supplies them with a surplus of electrons (making it a "nucleophile").

Which is a good thing, too: If chloroform could just spontaneously react with isopropanol, what's to stop all the other organic compounds in your body from reacting with each other, instantly turning you into a lump of tar? There is a reason your body needs all those enzymes (which are essentially highly effective custom-made nano-catalysts) to form new organic compounds.

okay, so only choral hydrate wil be used as an enjoyable sedative. fuck all the rest :)

@Hodor
I appreciate the help brother. I was just thinking then the hydrocarbons which proves the theory with the carbon never bonding yo itself but bonding to the hydrogen and the hydrogen bonding to another hydrogen.
I have got into the practice of writing all molecules on paper that i'm studying talking about I must remember there valency and if they are like you said either electrophile (obsessed with gaining electrons" that's how I remember") or nucleophile.
Has anyone got any helpful tips on how the remember all they different rules and everything as it's a huge subject to teach one self

@Hodor
I appreciate the help brother. I was just thinking then the hydrocarbons which proves the theory with the carbon never bonding yo itself but bonding to the hydrogen and the hydrogen bonding to another hydrogen.

Wait, what?
Carbons do bond to other carbons. Hydrogen cannot bond to two atoms, because hydrogen has a valence number of one, and its valence shell can only hold one more atom. As you can see in this hydrocarbon, it has a backbone of carbons, each connected to 2 or 3 hydrogens.
320px-Decane.svg.png

What I was getting here is this: Carbon will not connect to other carbons willy-nilly. To make graphite (a two-dimensional structure of carbon atoms), you need to supply energy to it by heating (e.g. burning) organic material. Forming it into diamonds (a three-dimensional lattice of carbon atoms), as I said, requires you supply insane amounts of pressure.

Thus, forming a carbon-carbon bond in a living organism or a chemistry lab at room temperature requires you to use the trick of making one of the carbons you want to connect more nucleophilic, and the other more electrophilic, often with the help of catalysts.

Sekio has already given the example of making 1,1,1-trichloro-tert-butanol (informally called "chlorobutanol") from acetone and chloroform: Acetone has a C=O double bond, where the electron-withdrawing nature of oxygen is making the carbon into an electrophile. In chloroform, the carbon is technically also electrophilic (because the 3 chlorine atoms are also electron-withdrawing), but this weakens the bond to its only hydrogen atom so much that a positively charged hydrogen ion ("H+") can be taken away by a base ("OH-"), with the carbon getting to keep the hydrogen's electron, forming CCl3- ions. The negative charge here means that there is now an excess of electrons, so the ionic form of chloroform can act as a nucleophile.
The aforementioned electron gets transferred onto the acetone's C=O carbon, which passes it on to the oxygen. This reduces the double-bonded ketone (C=O) to a single-bonded alkoxide, which turns into an alcohol (C-O-H) once it picks up an H+ ion.
Voilà, 1,1,1-trichloro-tert-butanol. Again, acetone and chloroform would not react on their own - the reaction only works by using a strong base as a catalyst.

Totally NOT sourcing but how are you guys getting Chloral Hydrate? I can't find it ANYWHERE, including the dark web.
Is it still available by prescription in the US? It hasn't been on prescription here for decades (since the 70's I think).

But you totally are^

That stuff is toxic. I'd stay away from it. It also leaves you a nasty smell. 19th century sedatives oy vey. True to form, kidney and liver damage are risks. Sounds like bromides all over again.

It's pretty dependence-forming. I think it's pretty bad when it comes to therapeutic effects being longstanding, and when it comes to days needed to be physically dependent. I'd say a few weeks and one week, respectively.

Honestly, there's no reason to use this instead of booze. Simply passing out isn't euphoric.

I would prefer this stuff as it is cheaper to me than alcohol and it won't make me depressed as such. however if this stuff has physical tolerance i want to know more about that before i start a binge

But you totally are^

That stuff is toxic. I'd stay away from it. It also leaves you a nasty smell. 19th century sedatives oy vey. True to form, kidney and liver damage are risks. Sounds like bromides all over again.

It's pretty dependence-forming. I think it's pretty bad when it comes to therapeutic effects being longstanding, and when it comes to days needed to be physically dependent. I'd say a few weeks and one week, respectively.

Honestly, there's no reason to use this instead of booze. Simply passing out isn't euphoric.

It's more of an "I wanna try it once just to cross it off my list" thing. From the sounds of it, though, I think I'm good with my Xanax/Zopiclone combo.

I can't use alcohol. I was severely dependent for seven years. Can't touch the stuff or I'll relapse.

I dunno mate. If you were that addicted to booze, it may do you well to stay form anything with significant GABAergic action.