• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin *Chilling story of Heroin Addiction amongst our Youth*

shanelewis1

Greenlighter
I'm hoping this is the proper forum for such a discussion, I am a new member here so don't flame me too hard if not. I have been a long-time reader of bluelight as it has helped me many times when trying to turn my life around and find successful ways to detox and live sober. I am forever grateful for the help I have received here as I am sure without it I may not be alive today. Unfortunately, as we all know, not everyone is so lucky. Recently my best friend from my childhood relapsed after an extended period of sobriety and eventually overdosed. He graduated at the top of his class in high school and in college, and was set to attend law school within the next year. Essentially, the sky was the limit for this young man only to be taken away through his issues with drugs and alcohol. I don't know if I will ever be able to get over it. I don't know exactly where I am going with this other than I need support...just please don't forget that if you ever feel alone or feel like you need help don't ever feel embarrassed or scared to reach out. I would have much rather had infinite awkward conversations with my buddy rather than dismissing the issue entirely and losing him forever.

PS: My buddy and his brother were recording and producing artists and he released this video right before he passed away: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3bvlE6I_Qk

The song is a little intense, but you can hear the pain and his cry for help through his tone and lyrics. I wish I had paid closer attention...

Additionally, if anybody needs any references to inpatient or outpatient services that worked for me, don't hesitate to PM. God bless.