• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Children's Shows

hazeforhorses

Bluelighter
What shoes do your kids watch that you don't mind tuning into?

I'm gonna hold off on listing my guilty pleasures...

I need an icebreaker first!

I don't have kids and don't feel guilty watching it, but Adventure Time is my favorite kids show (the only one I watch).

Clip

Arthur
Martha
Yo Gabba Gabba
Word Girl
Cyberchase
Ruff Ruffman
Lazytown

Alot of the kids' shows these days have for-adult jokes written into them. Many are also pretty psychedelic.

Arthur
Martha
Yo Gabba Gabba
Word Girl
Cyberchase
Ruff Ruffman
Lazytown

Alot of the kids' shows these days have for-adult jokes written into them. Many are also pretty psychedelic.

Yeah its cool experiencing it. The kids dont laugh at the same jokes you do. Some cartoons are too mature these days!

Back in the day, I absolutely loved Arthur, Rugrats, the Aladdin series, and Jackie Chan Adventures.

More recently, I have to hand it to Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Fairly Oddparents.

Now that I don't have cable, the Saturday morning cartoons are painful to watch... it's all anime or wannabe-anime, based around some game outside of the show. And I shudder at what has become of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Don't kids ever just watch cartoons anymore, and not cyber-cartoons-from-fifth-dimension-space?

I like me some Spongebob every now and then
Cow and Chicken is good too in a retarded stoned sort of way
Courage the Cowardly Dog has beautiful artwork and crazy situations

These are all kind of old... and I don't have any kids... but they aren't shows I grew up with and I still really like them.

There used to be a clear distinction between child and adult entertainment but ever since Toy Story (and the like), the line separating the two has become finer and finer. Now sometimes there are more adult jokes than there are jokes suitable for children in children's programming. I've watched shows with kids and then asked them what the jokes meant or what the story was really about and a lot of the time they have no idea.

yo gabba gabba is awesome. i like the emphasis on music in it. plus it has biz markie and mark mothersbaugh

6453a.jpg

Barney
Spongebob

I like most of the other cartoons on the cartoon network but those are a little bit above my 2 year old's head yet.

Ah, Adventure Time. The most fucked up "kids" show. I know so many more adults who appreciate it.
Yeah, I first saw it on a site that hosted streams of Futurama, American Dad, and other adult animation. It's definitely warmer and fuzzier than most adult animation, but at times it's demented brilliance is enough to make it seem like something the makers of Superjail! might make for Saturday morning. It's hard to imagine kids appreciating the lunacy.

For instance, in this clip a chocolate covered strawberry innocently disembowels a marauding ghoul and eats its insides. I picture little kids being vaguely disturbed by that, which makes it even funnier.

I love cartoon shows very much. American dad, Family guy and Happy tree friends are most popular cartoon shows. I think all kids love these series. Happy tree friends is my most favoirte show, this show has described the power of cartoon with there extra ordinary theme. This show is about cute innocent animals.

Lately been using Hulu to share things like The Smurfs, Voltron, Thundercats..kind of what I consider cartoon classics from my Saturday mornings.

I love cartoon shows very much. American dad, Family guy and Happy tree friends are most popular cartoon shows. I think all kids love these series. Happy tree friends is my most favoirte show, this show has described the power of cartoon with there extra ordinary theme. This show is about cute innocent animals.

Just cause its a cartoon doesn't make it a kids show

I LOVE YO GABBA GABBA sometimes i'm tempted to watch it even when the kids aren't there lol

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who enjoys Yo Gabba Gabba! It has a lot of good bands and also I love Biz Markie :)