• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Opioids Chicago dope thread

Team nod assemble - glad to see a few old school names here. Had to catch up on 2 years of the thread.

Been clean for nearly two years - I think I see a coincidence ;-)

I can't imagine what its like copping in Chi-town right now. Luckily, I had a great phone connect from the westside who always met me over by Rush Med Center area, that whole little italy hood. It was usually decent, always the little clear bags with stuff on them like spades or skull n crossbones, green dolla signs, the usual. never taped up on top or foil. And almost always 12 for the jab.

These days, I work with an offender re-entry program focusing on substance use and mental health treatment. I figured I should do what I know best, and for better or for worse, drugs are something I know far too well.

While there is sometimes that reminiscing about the drugging days, I would be far too scared to do a bag of Chicago D right now. I have had to give bad news to people the last couple of years, when their friend/child/significant other has OD'ed after treatment because of reverse tolerance.

As a counselor, I don't bullshit people. I had a lot of GOOD TIMES on drugs. But you all know how it goes, once you get caught up the fun goes away.

Was just telling a client a true story of mine from the Chicago days - I had picked up my usual connection to go and score. Nobody seemed to have anything. We were both sick, and our usual guy was off the map, no answer, no text, nothing. So we were cruising the west side and driving up some alleys and streets that we really shouldn't have. Right around Pulaski, we finally got a text from the man, and he told us he had re-upped and would meet us in 20 mins at the spot.

Right away, the great wave of relief and feeling good hit us both, and I pulled over to just wait for a while. i told him "shit man, If I could just bottle the feeling I have right now knowing we are gonna score for sure, I wouldn't need the damn dope!" He laughed and agreed with me.

There's some wisdom in that story. But the hard truth, and one that I know all of you can relate to, is that no matter what you do, there's a solid year of SUCK that you have to get thru. The brain chemistry takes at least a year to start producing the "feel good" chems again, the ones it stopped producing when we were putting that stuff in daily. And no matter how many meetings you hit, how much healthy food you eat, your spiritual condition, and vitamins and juice you take in, you still aren't gonna feel good. it comes back a little at a time. Time takes time. I try to be honest with everyone, and not paint too rosy of a picture.

I do miss the ritual - driving to the west side, getting my shit, heading to a local starbucks, and doing a bag in the bathroom and getting a nice cup of coffee and chilling, knowing I have a pocketful of happiness in a bag. But I don't miss the sick, don't miss chasing dealers all over the place, and don't miss getting ripped off and hiding from the law. Where I work now, I am respected by the law, am a contractor at the jail, and could never have believed that I would be where I am now after a few years off the stuff. If I can do it, ANY one you can.

Stay strong y'all......

Found a new guy that delivers but the quality isn't the best usually but still usable, sometimes they're extreme fire then the next hour they'll be some shit again,,, sorry for rambling the catch is he does this thing where he staples the bags together i.e. I call him say hey come toss me some I got 60 and I get 12 bags.. which is pretty awesome plus he lives like 10 minutes away from me. In other news I'm using a jab a day again.. esp with the money from this check from Orange man. I also got laid off a week ago and I'm getting deverence checks every other Friday. Fuck it hope y'all staying safe

Anybody out there? Hope no one's down with the covid. I know I'm sorta new and missed the hayday of the chi dope threads but I like talking to people that are close by even if it's judt 1 or 2 ppl

i’ve seen the stapled two-for-one bags. like you said, useable but not good. was a while ago that i got them, but could see the pink dormin capsule flakes.

is there a specific timeline for chicago reopening? all these news articles are vaguely referencing a “timeline.” where is it?

Mayor's Press Office 312.744.3334

CHICAGO – Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot, alongside the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH), today announced the “Protecting Chicago” framework that the City will be using to guide Chicago’s reopening process amid COVID-19. The framework – organized into five phases in alignment with the State of Illinois’ “Restore Illinois” plan – will advise Chicagoans on how to safely exit from shelter-in-place while continuing to prioritize the health of our most vulnerable residents.
“Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, we have been committed to basing our decisions on the science and data related to this disease and communicating our actions to the public in an open and transparent way,” said Mayor Lightfoot. “Though we still have a way to go before we can begin reopening our city, when the time comes, that reopening will follow our thoughtful, data-driven process aimed at ensuring all our residents and businesses are informed and supported every step of the way.”
The framework lays out how the City is thinking about reopening, and the details for each phase are being informed by economic and health data, and a combination of input from industry working groups, health experts and the public. As part of the reopening strategy, the City is soliciting public input to gauge sentiment on shelter-in-place and ensure the reopening is phased in a way that eases concerns that residents may have. To provide feedback, residents can visit https://www.chicago.gov/coronavirus/reopeningsurvey to complete a short survey.
The “Protecting Chicago” framework comprises five phases, and Chicago has already transitioned from phase one (Strict Stay-at-Home) to phase two (Stay-at-Home):
PHASE ONE: STRICT STAY-AT-HOME – Limit the amount of contact with others; goal is to limit interactions to rapidly slow the spread of COVID-19
  • Essential workers go to work; everyone else works from home
  • Stay at home and limit going out to essential activities only
  • Physically distance from anyone you do not live with, especially vulnerable friends and family
PHASE TWO: STAY-AT-HOME – Guard against unsafe interactions with others; goal is to continue flattening the curve while safely being outside
  • Essential workers go to work; everyone else works from home
  • Stay at home as much as possible
  • Wear a face covering while outside your home
  • Physically distance from anyone you do not live with, especially vulnerable friends and family
PHASE THREE: CAUTIOUSLY REOPEN – Strict physical distancing with some businesses opening; goal is to thoughtfully begin to reopen Chicago safely
  • Non-essential workers begin to return to work in a phased way
  • Select businesses, non-profits, city entities open with demonstrated, appropriate protections for workers and customers
  • When meeting others, physically distance and wear a face covering
  • Non-business, social gatherings limited to <10 persons
  • Phased, limited public amenities begin to open
  • Stay at home if you feel ill or have come into contact with someone with COVID-19
  • Continue to physically distance from vulnerable populations
  • Get tested if you have symptoms
PHASE FOUR: GRADUALLY RESUME – Continued staggered reopening into a new normal; goal is to further reopen Chicago while ensuring the safety of residents
  • Additional business and capacity restrictions are lifted with appropriate safeguards
  • Additional public amenities open
  • Continue to wear face covering and physically distance
  • Continue to distance and allow vulnerable residents to shelter
  • Get tested if you have symptoms or think you have had COVID-19
PHASE FIVE: PROTECT – Continue to protect vulnerable populations; goal is to continue to maintain safety until COVID-19 is contained
  • All businesses open
  • Non-vulnerable individuals can resume working
  • Most activities resume with health safety in place
  • Some events can resume
  • Set up screenings and tests at work or with your family
The epidemiological criteria for transitioning between phases are rooted in public health guidance and will be reviewed and revisited on an ongoing basis. Health-based metrics are one of the many considerations that the City is weighing to determine the details of the City’s reopening approach and sequencing. Foremost, Chicago is monitoring answers to these four questions in order to help determine when and how the transition between phases takes place:
  1. Is the rate of disease spread across the city and surrounding counties decreasing?
  2. Does the city have the testing and contact-tracing capacity to track the disease and limit spread?
  3. Are there enough support systems in place for vulnerable residents?
  4. Can the healthcare system handle a potential future surge (including beds, ventilators and PPE)?
“While our goal is to get as many people back to work as quickly and safely as possible, we will keep data and science as the north stars of this work, as we have throughout the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Commissioner of the Chicago Department of Public Health, Allison Arwady, M.D. “We also recognize that some populations and families are suffering more than others in this crisis, and we are taking that into consideration as we prepare for reopening as well.”
A set of epidemiological factors has been established to guide the next transition from phase two (Stay-at-Home) to phase three (Cautiously Reopen), including:
  • COVID-19 Case Rate (over 14 days, as a rolling average):
    • Declining rate of new cases, based on incidence and/or percent positivity
  • Severe Outcome Rate (over 14 days, as a rolling average):
    • Stable or declining rates of cases resulting in hospitalization, ICU admission, and/or death
  • Hospital Capacity Citywide (over 14 days, as a rolling average):
    • Hospital beds: <1800 COVID patients
    • ICU beds: <600 COVID patients
    • Ventilators: <450 COVID patients
  • Testing Capacity:
    • Test at least 5% of Chicago residents per month
  • Testing Percent Positivity Rates (over 14 days, as a rolling average):
    • Congregate: <30% positive tests
    • Community: <15% positive tests
  • Syndromic Surveillance (over 14 days, as a rolling average):
    • Declining emergency department visits for influenza-like illness and/or COVID-like illness
  • Case Investigation & Contact Tracing:
    • Expanded system in place for congregate and community investigations and contact tracing
The specific health criteria for transition between the latter phases will be established and released over the coming weeks to ensure the City is open and responsive to new data and information as it arises. In addition to determining the health-based metrics to move from one phase to the next, the City is actively determining the appropriate sequencing of reopening businesses and public services – taking into consideration both economic enablers such as transportation and childcare concerns, as well as keeping an eye towards economically disadvantaged populations.
The City is working with industry-led working groups, with input from community-based organizations, to determine guidance for businesses when they do begin to reopen. This guidance will be developed around three key areas including healthy interactions for workers and customers, safe spaces and working conditions, and operations and monitoring. While the City will be working to move forward in this approach towards the final phase (Protect), Mayor Lightfoot and Dr. Arwady are assessing the City’s preparedness every day in hopes there will be no need to move backwards along this path.
“As we set our sights on safely reopening Chicago’s economy, we applaud Mayor Lightfoot for assembling a task force representing multiple industries to provide recommendations and best practices,” said Sam Toia, President and CEO, Illinois Restaurant Association. "I am honored to lead the working team for the food and beverage sector, as restaurants and bars are the cornerstones of our 77 communities. Under Mayor Lightfoot’s leadership and with this joint effort between civic, business and community stakeholders, we look forward to getting everyone back to work safely.”
As part of the City’s larger efforts to be prepared for the reopening of the city, on April 23, Mayor Lightfoot announced the creation of the COVID-19 Recovery Taskforce to advise city government as economic recovery planning efforts get underway in the wake of COVID-19. The Taskforce is co-chaired by Mayor Lightfoot and former White House Chief of Staff Sam Skinner and led by a group of industry experts, regional government leaders, community-based partners, and policymakers. Together, these leaders are providing critical insights to help Mayor Lightfoot as her administration works to balance a robust health response with a strategic economic response that addresses the unique challenges presented by COVID-19.
A Spanish-language translation of the reopening is available here.

thanks, @White_Rose. still a maddening lack of dates, but i understand its up in the are dependent on the listed metrics. a news article yesterday mentioned may 31 as start of phase 3. articles today say “beginning of june.”

i went crazy and was shipped away to treatment in another city. i’m kinda stuck. i desperately want to get back but am attempting to be careful what i wish for.

what’s chicago like? when i left there were lines to shop anywhere and everyone had just started wearing masks but there was reason to be in the city. sounds like things closed down a bit more since. can you get a coffee and a sandwich? are the grocery stores accessible and sufficiently stocked? can you be out and about without being scorned?

i don’t want to be alone in an apartment for weeks on end trying not to use. my departure was not planned and being away from my life is wrecking me with worry.

Yeah, hydro.

Best I could do with Chicago Politics, LOL .

I'm a rebel and don't wear a mask. Yeah I do get the stink eye, but hey.

I haven't any problem getting anything I want, but I really don't eat out extensively. Grocery stores are well stocked and so are liquor stores, but don't forget I live on the crazy world of the far north side.

See you when you get back to town.

appreciate the update. hope to be back soon. like as soon as i can get a sanctioned ride. hopefully end of next week. phase 3 includes libraries, which is enough for me.

Yeah, hydro.

Best I could do with Chicago Politics, LOL .

I'm a rebel and don't wear a mask. Yeah I do get the stink eye, but hey.

I haven't any problem getting anything I want, but I really don't eat out extensively. Grocery stores are well stocked and so are liquor stores, but don't forget I live on the crazy world of the far north side.

See you when you get back to town.
A lot of places by me out here in the burbs won't let you in without a mask.

How is supply and quality in Chicago right now? I'm slightly north of Chicago and whatever is around is significantly bad quality for about the past week.

If your asking me I don't know, been off opiates 10 years now. I just come here to keep up on the scene.

Just asking anyone - hoping to get some input as almost everything we get typically comes out of Chicago.

How is supply and quality in Chicago right now? I'm slightly north of Chicago and whatever is around is significantly bad quality for about the past week.

It's off and on, my people that usually have the best their stuff is still decent but you can tell they're throwing a little more fent in the mix. Some of my backups that had ok stuff are just downright garbage for the most part,idk I think some dboys just got nervous when all this shit started happening and started to ration just in case.

still outta town but today i’ve been informed that cta is shutdown tonight, there’s a indefinite 9pm curfew, and central camera was smashed and burned.

Dopes been off in the chi since this covid shit started in my opinion, good dope has never been this difficult too find I been coppin out west almost every day for 10+ yrs.. it's all fucked up..

Dopes been off in the chi since this covid shit started in my opinion, good dope has never been this difficult too find I been coppin out west almost every day for 10+ yrs.. it's all fucked up..
Been going put west since 2002 with hardly any breaks minus few months here and there jail and prison. Been on here for years not very active and about 2 or 3 years ago forgot song in info a d been lurking since. Just made new account....
ANYWAY.. been clean staying in burb since march 23. .only been smoking weed and going to my methadone clinic on north side once a week., normally on 6 days week, but due to virus and lock down been once a week since march 16, only taking the methadone smoking weed, tobacco, caffeine and advil.
Just wondering what been going on out west in the open air markets. Like how is quality? How hot is it police wise? Are the majority of the spots still up and running or is it like only one or 2 atm?

I'm also at a clinic on the Northside getting take homes cuz of this covid shit lol. The quality I feel is lower than usual, and there r definitely less spots open than normal, but there still r a handful that I know of open... the police presence is there but they dont seem too b fucking with the drug-game ppl at all...

What’s up people. Been off here for a minute, but just stopping in to say hi. I literally left Chicago because of the lack of quality dope. A byproduct of that was I quit and now I’m 2 years clean. Whaaaat?

Noticed that since the virus and stuff fucking with the drug spots has taken back seat priority wise. But quality was dropping FAST from the already cut to shit dent analogues mixed with cut to shit opioid analogue shit. Very little to no heroin in so much of garbage put west. The cra tests samples and it seems like find more analogues of benzos and opioids that never heard of popping up more and more and less and less pure of of the mix and match grab bag.