• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Chest Pains From Meth

Rootsta

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelight users, this is gonna be my first posting on the forum. I have done a bit of research and haven't found much information that really useful. I'm 17 around 125 or 130lb and a male. Ive done around a .2 of methamphetamine, and during smoking(waiting to take another hit) out of nowhere on the right side of my chest what I think is my pectoral muscle started having spasms, keep in mind a .2 is all I did through the entire night from around 10 or 11pm to around 7 or 8am, so my right (lets say) pectoral muscle started having spasms, at around 7am, maybe 6:30am this started in the right side. Later transitioned to the left side after around 10 or 20 minutes, with accute pains, and then back to the right side at around 12:30pm maybe 1:00pm so around 4 or 5 hours of me doing research and it switched. But, I've been told by my friend who is an ex addict that chest pain is normal on amps and that itll freak you out as if your having a heart attack but he claims its anxiety that I'm fine and that spasms come from dehydration and he said if it were a heart attack I would have dropped within 15 minutes. Well I thought he may be right cause I had barely drank all night unlike my normal binge (which lasts only 12 hours at most with a .2 being the most between 2 people ive done in 1 night which was last night, I didnt drink much until hours into my binge, finishing it all off at around 8 or 8:30am idk when I started hydrating, but since then ive drank at least 10 bottles of water and pissed it all out everytime within like 15 minutes max or maybe longer and im just tweaking) anyhow me being the hypochondriac I am ive researched so much and found out I should probably quit smoking period. But, I want to know why this is happening, is it really just "the norm" to feel like your gonna have a heart attack on this shit? Or could this be an actual health issue? Will keep forum updated, if not then damn I loved living while I was here. Plz respond with any helpful information on this.

if it were a heart attack I would have dropped within 15 minutes

That's false. ^^ People can have heart attacks for HOURS, or even DAYS.

Muscle spasms are normal when using meth. It's a very common side effect. Chest pain (ACTUAL cardiac chest pain) is caused by vasoconstriction of the coronary artery (or and extremely high heart rate). TRUE cardiac chest pain is substernal. The pain will be either dull, squeezing, tight, pressure, heaviness etc. CARDIAC chest pain is NOT sharp or knife-like. It does NOT get worse upon palpation, movement Ie. twisting, or deep breathing. Cardiac chest pain will NOT be located on the left OR right side of the chest.

Firefighter/Paramedic. My Cardiology class was taught by an actual Cardiologist.

Meth can cause paranoia, which can and will make you THINK something is wrong, but might not necessarily be.

Last edited:
That's 100% false. ^^

Muscle spasms are normal when using meth. It's a very common side effect. Chest pain (ACTUAL cardiac chest pain) is caused by vasoconstriction of the coronary artery (or and extremely high heart rate). TRUE cardiac chest pain is substernal. The pain will be either dull, squeezing, tight, pressure, heaviness etc. CARDIAC chest pain is NOT sharp or knife-like. It does NOT get worse upon palpation, movement Ie. twisting, or deep breathing. Cardiac chest pain will NOT be located on the left OR right side of the chest.

Firefighter/Paramedic. My Cardiology class was taught by an actual Cardiologist.

Meth can cause paranoia, which can and will make you THINK something is wrong, but might not necessarily be.
Thank you for the update, so at what point should I actually worry and go to an ER for this issue? The pain moves from right to left as well as the tightness and feels as if i have to clench my body, it doesn't feel right unless I'm like clenching the area that the pain/spasms are in. There's less pain than spasms, actually more of a tightness that moves from both sides of chest that comes along with the spasms is actually what it seems like. I just took some asprin (81mg) to lessen vasoconstriction about 5 or 10 mins ago. Thanks for update!!!

Thank you for the update, so at what point should I actually worry and go to an ER for this issue? The pain moves from right to left as well as the tightness and feels as if i have to clench my body, it doesn't feel right unless I'm like clenching the area that the pain/spasms are in. There's less pain than spasms, actually more of a tightness that moves from both sides of chest that comes along with the spasms is actually what it seems like. I just took some asprin (81mg) to lessen vasoconstriction about 5 or 10 mins ago. Thanks for update!!!
No problem. Aspirin does not "lessen" vasoconstriction. Nitro is used for that (its a vasodilator). Aspirin is an anti-platelet type of medication. Meaning platelets ie. RBCs can slip and slide past each other. It helps to prevent a clot.

The chances of you having a heart attack (which no previous cardiac condition) is rare at the age of 17. Even with meth use.

But if you feel like you need to go to the ER, always do. I can't tell you when to "actually worry and go to the ER" due to liability reasons. Like I said, if you feel like you need to go, go.

Ive given you the symptoms of ischemic/"infarcting" chest pain. Use that to help you. :)

No problem. Aspirin does not "lessen" vasoconstriction. Nitro is used for that (its a vasodilator). Aspirin is an anti-platelet type of medication. Meaning platelets ie. RBCs can slip and slide past each other. It helps to prevent a clot.

The chances of you having a heart attack (which no previous cardiac condition) is rare at the age of 17. Even with meth use.

But if you feel like you need to go to the ER, always do. I can't tell you when to "actually worry and go to the ER" due to liability reasons. Like I said, if you feel like you need to go, go.

Ive given you the symptoms of ischemic/"infarcting" chest pain. Use that to help you. :)
See all these chest pains just seem the same to me, I cant differentiate because the symtoms all are the same from what I look up. I've seen that on google you can multiply your heartrate in 15 seconds by 4 and get 1 minute worth but idk that its true. If it is then my heartrate is around 68 im counting 17-18 beats in that 15 seconds, its beating pretty hard though, not fast but hard.

Your good dude. For me when I get that way... Its a combination or sleep deprivation, not eating, over heating, and fatigue. Not saying it isnt a heart attack I'm not a doctor. Have you been using a while? This has a factor to. The longer you use it the more your heart will be at risk... I get this way a lot after a big Shot meth. I thought I was having a heart attack for reals. But it's just a side effect. Heart palpitations I think is what the twitching is called. Anxiety does manifest physically by the way... Some times I'm in so much pain in my shoulders, stomach, back, hands, toes, thighs, and calves from anxiety because I'm tense. I think a heart attack mainly will effect the left side of the body... If you get a tingling arm, pain that won't go away in one arm, sharp pain in neck and shoulders on left side then you should be worried.... Just try laying down it helps me. Some times I get so dizzy from standing up that I faint. I have fainted a few times last few days. Quiting isnt a bad idea. But its gonna be hard... I promise you that. Good luck on your journey. If you really wanna quit dont ever IV use it because once you do you might not be able to stop..... I know it seems like I cant

See all these chest pains just seem the same to me, I cant differentiate because the symtoms all are the same from what I look up. I've seen that on google you can multiply your heartrate in 15 seconds by 4 and get 1 minute worth but idk that its true. If it is then my heartrate is around 68 im counting 17-18 beats in that 15 seconds, its beating pretty hard though, not fast but hard.
Meth can increase BP, which can be why you feel a bounding pulse. And that is true (the multiplication thing you mentioned). Do some research on google on what they feel like (the chest pain types), that should help a little bit.

Your good dude. For me when I get that way... Its a combination or sleep deprivation, not eating, over heating, and fatigue. Not saying it isnt a heart attack I'm not a doctor. Have you been using a while? This has a factor to. The longer you use it the more your heart will be at risk... I get this way a lot after a big Shot meth. I thought I was having a heart attack for reals. But it's just a side effect. Heart palpitations I think is what the twitching is called. Anxiety does manifest physically by the way... Some times I'm in so much pain in my shoulders, stomach, back, hands, toes, thighs, and calves from anxiety because I'm tense. I think a heart attack mainly will effect the left side of the body... If you get a tingling arm, pain that won't go away in one arm, sharp pain in neck and shoulders on left side then you should be worried.... Just try laying down it helps me. Some times I get so dizzy from standing up that I faint. I have fainted a few times last few days. Quiting isnt a bad idea. But its gonna be hard... I promise you that. Good luck on your journey. If you really wanna quit dont ever IV use it because once you do you might not be able to stop..... I know it seems like I cant
Thank you for your response, I used over a year ago the first time for maybe a week or two, but other than that i havent up until a few days to a week ago and ive done it 3 times since I started use back, dont think itll ever be touched by me again.

Meth can increase BP, which can be why you feel a bounding pulse. And that is true (the multiplication thing you mentioned). Do some research on google on what they feel like (the chest pain types), that should help a little bit.
Well, looking it up it doesnt seem to be either of those but I still am not sure. Also, why would my toenails/under them be turning purple. I know lack of oxygen but, these symptoms combined are they bad?

Im not sure what to do, but this has persisted for almost 8 hours now, this abnormal?

Im not sure what to do, but this has persisted for almost 8 hours now, this abnormal?
You talking about the bounding pulse? I never used meth (was a heroin addict myself), but cant the symptoms last 6-12 hours or even more?

You talking about the bounding pulse? I never used meth (was a heroin addict myself), but cant the symptoms last 6-12 hours or even more?
Maybe, everything I've read I'm sure has said around 8 hours, but I guess 12 is a possibility. Usually doesnt last this long, but I've also usually gone to sleep by this time. The thing is I wont sleep a little less than 8 hours and wake up feeling completely sober. That doesnt seem to be the case now, also I've never had this issue before, in my other uses anyways. As I'm typing this I'm actually beginning to notice a pain in my left wrist...

Obviously im not there, so I cant see whats going on (vital sign wise) ... but maybeeeee there's a little anxiety/paranoia going on? I respond the meth "overdoses" quite frequently where people think there is something wrong, but in reality, there isnt. Im NOT saying there isnt anything going on, because im not there ... but the mind is a powerful thing.

Obviously im not there, so I cant see whats going on (vital sign wise) ... but maybeeeee there's a little anxiety/paranoia going on? I respond the meth "overdoses" quite frequently where people think there is something wrong, but in reality, there isnt. Im NOT saying there isnt anything going on, because im not there ... but the mind is a powerful thing.
I'm hoping its just the mind, but the longer and longer I wait the more and more symptoms of a heart attack I seem to have. I dont think I'm imagining the pain in my left wrist either which is definatly a big scare. Since 8am whichever side was twitching or in pain I've instinctively clenched onto and it actually almost doesnt feel normal to not have my hand clench the effected area, also hasnt moved from left to right in a while now, seems to be stuck on the left side now.

Like I said, cardiac chest pain will never be on the left or right side of your chest. It will be directly behind your sternum. (obv. pain can radiate though) but im 99.99999999% sure your chest pain isn't cardiac in nature.

Like I said, cardiac chest pain will never be on the left or right side of your chest. It will be directly behind your sternum. (obv. pain can radiate though) but im 99.99999999% sure your chest pain isn't cardiac in nature.
Thank you for the information, I hope your correct. Shit that makes me paranoid or feel like I'm dying, I'm straight on it. Never knew this was even an issue with meth until my research smh shoulda done more before consuming this shit.

Why don't you just go to the ER and make sure that you are well. Talking here obviously haven't solved the problem.

Why don't you just go to the ER and make sure that you are well. Talking here obviously haven't solved the problem.
Well, there the issue that I'm under 18 and dont really want my family involved in my meth binge unless absolutely needed. But everyone keeps telling me its in my head, even experienced users i know irl so I'm praying for the best. (Although betting my life on the information provided here is kinda sketch)