• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine chest pain following cannabis plus coca leaves combo

burn out

Bluelighter
Hey guys Ive gotten myself into trouble once again. This time I made the mistake of smoking too much cannabis while chewing coca leaf. I smoked one joint of powerful indica marijuana and while on coca leafs and felt incredibly high, like insanely high. I felt so good that I decided it would be a smart idea to smoke another whole joint (this is more cannabis than I nornally ever smoke even when not on coca leafs).

After smoking that second joint, I felt even better. I felt like the very life force itself was flowing through my body electrifying every cell. It felt almost sexual and I began to wish I had a girlfriend to smoke with. But then, about 30 minutes into my high, things went south. My heart began to beat exteremly fast and I went into a full blown cannabis panic atta ck like I had back in the day. I was 90% sure I was going to die, but I didnt want to call an ambulance because i thought maybe it would be better if I died (life has been tough for me). Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) I didnt die, but I had a terrible and tramatic experience where my ego collasped and my personality was shattered into its constituint parts and I as awareness watched the inner workings of my psyche break down.

Since then I have not felt right neither mentally or physically. I have a mild pain in my chest and my heart feels strained. I also feel nauseas some of the time. Mentally nothing interests me. Life seems pointless and dreary. Nothing has any meaning. ANd I still feel stimulated even though this happened two days ago.

COuld something be wrong with my heart? I was coca leaf plus weed was a safe combo? AM I mistaken?

I don't think the combination of coca leaves and smoked marijuana is dangerous.

Sounds like you smoked way too much weed for your own tolerance level. Too much weed can be quite intense in a very bad way, much like you described. Full blown panic attacks, thinking you are about to die, etc are all possible from just weed alone. If the experience is especially jarring then it is definetly possible to feel off for days afterwards... Almost like PTSD. The chest pains could very well have been from the high level of anxiety you felt.

Since you smoked too much weed I'm sure the stimulation you received from the coca leaves just made things worse. No wonder you had such a bad time.

This is, of course, assuming you took a normal (normal for you) dose of coca leaves. I'm assuming so. If your just chewing them then it's probably safe to assume you weren't able to ingest enough quickly enough to have put yourself in any harms way from an overdose.

Maybe get checked out by a doctor just incase? Who knows, many the extreme nature of the experience/anxiety did something to your heart.

I've heard of coca tea increasing hypertension and heart issues and as the previous poster said mixing them could cause a contradictory effect (stimulants with depressants). How many leaves did you ingest? During a panic attack your heart rate can become quite fast or even cause chest pain and your intoxicated state of mind could have made you hyper-aware of this. If the chest pain persists, I would definitely recommend seeing a doctor.

well i dont know the numbers of leafs because thy came in a powder from Peru but I only ingested a little over a gram of the powder which is not a high dose. I dont nderstand how I can be so senstive to coca leafs but i feel like I came close to dying from it.

Cocaine & Marijuana as a combo is particularly strenuous on the ticker.

Just google Cocaine and Marijuana and heart or cardiovascular or something...you'll see the article, it's from the NCBI or PubMed or one of those places.

That said, you're problem is most likely anxiety related. Unless you have a preexisting heart-condition it would take a lot of cocaine & weed to actually fuck with your heart at all.

People's bodies are tough...tougher than they get credit for. But minds are tricky, and can be good at making you think you're having an infarction when It could be something as simple as heartburn.

If I don't burp pretty often, I get pain right under where my heart should be...if I had one, lol.

P.S. especially if you're really stoned, normal bodily sensations can be more difficult to recognize and react to, so you're mind jumps to the conclusion "coca, weed......pain in chest...HEART ATTACK AHHH" then you're anxiety induced from this probably subconscious deduction just throws more fuel on it.

well i dont know the numbers of leafs because thy came in a powder from Peru but I only ingested a little over a gram of the powder which is not a high dose. I dont nderstand how I can be so senstive to coca leafs but i feel like I came close to dying from it.

Now that you bring up that it is a powder from an international source, it raises the possibility that it might be spiked with some other stimulant. If not, everything said so far is still quite possible.

Sounds like anxiety, chewing coca can be surprisingly strong though. It's usually okay on its' own but with weed, caffeine & alcohol it can make the heart race a bit and increase side-effects.

Also, the dry powder can be quite fine so make sure you're not inhaling any as you chew it.

I think it's most likely a stimulant/Cannabis-induced anxiety attack.

I remember after a first (and last) heavy cocaine sesh, heart felt like someone was twisting it (like how you twist wet clothes to get them dry) and if elt this feeling for about two and a half weeks. at some point it also felt like someone was rubbing salt into a wount on the heart (it sounds painful i know) thats why dont fuck with coke anymore