• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Chemicals like DXM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharmakeia

Greenlighter
I've been doing dxm daily (354mg a day on work nights and about 700mg on free nights) for about two years with occasional breaks of one to two days. I recently stopped altogether due mainly to tolerance and also it was affecting personal relationships. I would never get back into taking chemicals again, but I was just wondering if there are chemicals like dxm that can be taken daily that wouldn't have dxm cross tolerance? I am writing a fictional book and am trying to think of what chemical to have one of the characters taking. The character is into connecting to the spirit world (its kind of like an anime in a book) so he would be interested in things like psychedelics/dissociatives minus the intense edge and that can be taken daily like DXM.

Well DXM and other dissociatives work on the NMDA receptor.. So there would most likely be a cross tolerance between such drugs.

I would research into the dissociative drugs like Ketamine and it's analogs as well as PCP and it's analogs.. but those aren't things that can be taken daily without some mild to severe consequences

Thanks for advice. Kind of was thinking of something like K, but with a more dark feel like DXM and less speedy than PCP though. It seems like the more I look into it that there really isn't anything that compares to DXM unfortunately, so for people that use it frequently they have to take ridiculously long tolerance breaks which id imagine could get frustrating. I may just write my character with ketamine though. ??

^ Your character could be a polydrug user

DXM is relatively unique, though there are other disassociateves and they differ enough, an not really sure how much cross-tolerance would be involved though simply because you robotrip would not recommend taking a double dose of K or anything if you've never tried it.

You can increase dxm BA% pretty dramatically to increase potency, although this would also lessen the amount of dextrorphan, which would alter the effects; and side effects would still be an issue, an an pretty sure you don't build up much of a tolerance to the more toxic effects of dxm-probably a bit out there for a book/manga thing

This is basically a 'what drug should I take' thread, which we don't allow in OD. Please read the guidelines before posting to make sure your post is within the rules.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.