• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Cheaper alternative to modafinil?

edit: sorry buddy i misread your post!

But yeah OP, what about caffeine..?

Caffeine is excellent, not quite as good as modafinil but still a considerable help. The problem is tolerance, which builds up within 2-3 days; I end up having to take 1-2 grams, which leaves me in a sorry state (albeit not as bad as phenidates). Actually I was wondering whether alternating between the two might work?

3-FPM is still fairly new, seems to have some nasty sounding side effects in some people & I haven't heard anybody say it was productive.
Oh crap. I was under the impression that phenmatrezine derivates were milder and smoother than amphetamine derivatives, and didn't completely kill libido (some people even say they increase it). What side effects have you heard about?

Last edited:
I know this might be an "unpopular opinion" type question, but have you considered what it's going to be like when you finish studying if your only method of concentrating and acquiring knowledge is based on pharmaceuticals? Like, what's the plan? Are you going to take stimulants for the rest of your life? Because any job you're going to use your qualifications for is also going to require you to concentrate for long periods and learn things.

I mean, there are people who do need to take stimulants for life, but if you're one of them you should probably talk to a doctor about getting an appropriate diagnosis and treatment that suits your condition. If not... then I hate to be a downer, but you should probably focus on trying to develop good study habits instead of looking for a medicinal solution.
I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea of having to take stimulants for the rest of my life, but that's one of the reasons I'm looking for one that has minimal side effects and leaves me feeling and acting like myself (albeit a better version of myself) rather than constantly feeling I'm on something. I'm diagnosed ADHD but I've yet to find a doctor who's prepared to prescribe me anything other than Ritalin for it, which I've taken once and refuse to take again. Modafinil is the best substance I've found so far, but it is quite expensive without a prescription.

Anyone have any info on substituted fluorenols, microdoses of meth, or even an adderall/prozac combo?

There's not very many relatively mild stimulants out there, unfortunately...

In which case is there something stronger without the awful side effects of Ritalin/EPH that I could use a small dose of? Someone mentioned Desoxyn?

Dexedrine is known to be one of the 'smoothest' prescription stimulants that is actually obtainable, considering Desoxyn is unobtainium to most of us.

It was mentioned but was not recommended towards you, just because it lacks most of the side effects of the less potent RX stims doesn't mean it'll turn out well for you. And, this threads title is cheaper alternatives to modafinil. A single tablet of Desoxyn basically sells for more than an entire bottle of modafinil so I'm pretty sure it's not either in your price range, or available to you.

Dexedrine is known to be one of the 'smoothest' prescription stimulants that is actually obtainable, considering Desoxyn is unobtainium to most of us.

QFT.

But all forms of meth/amphetamines can lead to addiction, remember this OP.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea of having to take stimulants for the rest of my life, but that's one of the reasons I'm looking for one that has minimal side effects and leaves me feeling and acting like myself (albeit a better version of myself) rather than constantly feeling I'm on something. I'm diagnosed ADHD but I've yet to find a doctor who's prepared to prescribe me anything other than Ritalin for it, which I've taken once and refuse to take again. Modafinil is the best substance I've found so far, but it is quite expensive without a prescription.

Anyone have any info on substituted fluorenols, microdoses of meth, or even an adderall/prozac combo?

I'm interested that your ADHD is responding to Modafinil - I know some who are eagerly waiting to hear if it shows promise on that front. It definitely improves my concentration, but I don't take it for ADHD.

Around here, people living with ADHD really only get prescribed Ritalin and Dexamphetamine, and the latter generally has more of "speedy" feel than the former.

There is some investigation into Modafinil for ADHD happening at the moment, so it might get cheaper for that use in a couple of years.

PS: Microdoses of meth is a terrible idea.

I'm interested that your ADHD is responding to Modafinil - I know some who are eagerly waiting to hear if it shows promise on that front. It definitely improves my concentration, but I don't take it for ADHD.

Around here, people living with ADHD really only get prescribed Ritalin and Dexamphetamine, and the latter generally has more of "speedy" feel than the former.

There is some investigation into Modafinil for ADHD happening at the moment, so it might get cheaper for that use in a couple of years.

I was prescribed modafinil for ADHD as it is used off-label in the US for that purposes despite the FDA's rejection for official approval. It required a prior authorization with my insurance due to the exhorbitant cost of the Rx, which was as much as some people's apartment rent. Unfortunately I am a non-responder meaning it was no different than placebo even in doses of 1000mg I was able to fall asleep 30 minutes later, so I'm not the right person to speak about efficacy. There's some research by Bodenmann et all (2009) that delves in to specific genotypes that don't respond.

And yeah, OP therapeutic use of street meth is an oxymoron; you wouldn't use heroin therapeutically to treat pain, ya know?

I was prescribed modafinil for ADHD as it is used off-label in the US for that purposes despite the FDA's rejection for official approval. It required a prior authorization with my insurance due to the exhorbitant cost of the Rx, which was as much as some people's apartment rent. Unfortunately I am a non-responder meaning it was no different than placebo even in doses of 1000mg I was able to fall asleep 30 minutes later, so I'm not the right person to speak about efficacy. There's some research by Bodenmann et all (2009) that delves in to specific genotypes that don't respond.

I didn't respond at the starting dose, but boosting it up 100mg made a huge difference. I can still sleep on on it if I really try (I mean, the whole reason I'm taking it is epic fatigue making it really hard to get out of bed in the morning) but it's not "good" sleep and I get a massive headache. I'm getting to work on time and not needing naps since I started taking it, so I'm calling it a win.

It's expensive in Australia, but not that expensive.

It costs about three to four times as much as any other medication I take.

And yeah, OP therapeutic use of street meth is an oxymoron; you wouldn't use heroin therapeutically to treat pain, ya know?

People do that, it's just frowned upon (and maybe not a great idea).

modafinil is cheap as shit man. All you need is a quarter of a pill and that amt. cost like 35 cents.

Piracetam works good for study aid combined with acetyl-l-carnitine. it is much smoother than the modafinil that makes me fell bizarre

Microdosing dextro-methamphetamine / (Desoxyn) has worked out for me for like ten years, with like practically no tolerance, but my dosing is tiny compared to people abusing crystal meth. Never had a need to up my dose in a decade, that's a huge pro for me vs the alternatives.), just sayin, what works for some may not work for others.

Like for me, in terms of intensity of side effects and unwanted effects, I'll take Desoxyn any day over Adderall or anything else because the side effects I get from Adderall make me fucking sick and in no way benefits me, there is zero appeal I see in dexedrine/adderall, dirty high and dirty feeling to me. My body automatically triggers feelings of nausea and discomfort even thinking about it, but Desoxyn has worked. Attempting to microdose with crystalline methamphetamines tho, that for sure is a terrible idea.

OP, have you tried something as simple as dietary changes and increasing supplementation/vitamin intake? You'd be surprised what difference it can make. And if you're using stimulants period, you should be taking vitamins IMO. $0.02

^^ Recommend against this or any dosing of amphetamines regardless of minimality for any extended period of time, anything over a couple weeks is guaranteeing long-term irreversible damage They should only be used for very brief periods of time. They have no actual medical value.

Piracetam* & ALCAR* & coq10 & lecithin concentrate* & b complex* = best study aid
10x better than moda or any amphetamine
and 3x better than coffee

^I was not suggesting it, I was just countering a statement made that it's universally terrible. Subjectively, it may not have any medical value to you, but that doesn't change that it does for me and others.

Regardless, isn't a key component that we're all sorta forgetting here the CHEAPER than modafinil part? I'm still struggling to come up with something that hasn't already been suggested, or would be applicable.