• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

💀 THE ABYSS™ 💀 Chapter VI: Six 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnafuInTheVoid

Moderator: NMI, NSADD
Staff member
People who let their kids become obese need to be arrested for fucking child abuse. I simply do not understand how a 15 year old can be 300lbs.

ITS THE PARENTS. Setting their child up for a lifetime of ridicule, mental illness and diabetes by appeasing their child with food instead of parenting

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
People who let their kids become obese need to be arrested for fucking child abuse. I simply do not understand how a 15 year old can be 300lbs.

ITS THE PARENTS
It’s the society and the parents. Why we got fast food on every corner but a decent healthy meal most cannot afford to eat like. That said it’s a discipline issue between the parents and the child but at 15 it’s starting to become the child’s fault, in leu of the parents, depression could also play a big factor into both parties. And most that overeat are simply doing their own version of drugs, it just happens to be food and evident where as the 15 year old taking pills is a little harder to find. In general I think you should have to have a license to have a child. You have to have a permit for a gun, a license for a car, a license to fish, but no oversight on a parent that lacks discipline themselves

MsDiz

Moderator: DS
Staff member

ITS THE PARENTS. Setting their child up for a lifetime of ridicule, mental illness and diabetes
I think it has a lot to do with poverty and poor education. I wouldn’t blame parents outright. Junk food is cheaper and parents who haven’t been educated properly just don’t realise the dangers of the kind of food they give their children.

There are also a lot of MH and physical reasons that children over eat that parents just can’t control or find it very hard to control.

It’s a complicated discussion tbh.

SnafuInTheVoid

Staff member
It’s the society and the parents. Why we got fast food on every corner but a decent healthy meal most cannot afford to eat like. That said it’s a discipline issue between the parents and the child but at 15 it’s starting to become the child’s fault, in leu of the parents.
I agree poverty and junk food go hand in hand, but that's still no excuse. You can still eat relatively healthy for cheap. And or just control the portions.

It doesn't become the child's responsibility until older than 15. You're still dependant on your parents at that age

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I agree poverty and junk food go hand in hand, but that's still no excuse. You can still eat relatively healthy for cheap. And or just control the portions.

It doesn't become the child's responsibility until older than 15. You're still dependant on your parents at that age
I mean if a child kills someone in my state they can be tried as an adult so I don’t really agree with that I’m sorrry but I believe after 12 you should be developing some sort of accountability for your own actions. They aren’t blind mice.

SnafuInTheVoid

Staff member
I mean if a child kills someone in my state they can be tried as an adult so I don’t really agree with that I’m sorrry but I believe after 12 you should be developing some sort of accountability for your own actions. They aren’t blind mice.
Children have a grossly underdeveloped sense of empathy until well into your 20s. It's one of the last parts of your brain development.

Still, I had a strong sense of right and wrong from a young age. I just cared less.

MsDiz

Moderator: DS
Staff member
I'll be honest I think I'm too quick to judge parenting because I have no experience. But I still think a large portion of parents are not qualified
I used to be the same until I became a parent and realise how hard it is to guide and discipline a child. My nearly 12 year old is thankfully a very good child but I have been very strict with him. Even so now he’s developing his own wants and is deviating from some things. I have to let him become himself and loosen the reigns as it were. Being a parent is not easy in the slightest. There were a lot of times I was just glad I managed to keep him alive! 🙈

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Children have a grossly underdeveloped sense of empathy until well into your 20s. It's one of the last parts of your brain development.

Still, I had a strong sense of right and wrong from a young age. I just cared less.
I don’t agree with the law. Most people are undeveloped until well into their 30’s to me. Atleast in my own personal life, and your brain doesn’t fully develop to 25. But I feel it’s the responsibility of the nation. If you’re talking American We are by far the most obese self serving nation ever. Unfortunately there’s casualties in that

✿Dai₷y✿

Bluelighter
I'll be honest I think I'm too quick to judge parenting because I have no experience. But I still think a large portion of parents are not qualified

No parent is qualified. All kids and all parents are different.

Fuck knows why this subject is in the abyss but whatever.

Obese kids would be living on processed convenience foods, that happens when there's no time or incentives to make healthy meals. That and some kids are so good at getting what they want , easier to shut them up and get some peace and quiet.

ghostandthedarknes

Bluelighter
No parent is qualified. All kids and all parents are different.

Fuck knows why this subject is in the abyss but whatever.

Obese kids would be living on processed convenience foods, that happens when there's no time or incentives to make healthy meals. That and some kids are so good at getting what they want , easier to shut them up and get some peace and quiet.
try grounding them from xbox. you'll be the fucker suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.