• Bar GraphicOpen Late Graphic

🍸🍻 The Lounge 🍻🍸

Welcome Guest!

Forum GuidelinesBluelight Rules
  • Lounge Moderators: andyturbo | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

💀 THE ABYSS™ 💀 Chapter III: The End Times³

I spoke with a doctor who specialized in drug use and he told me that most people who use stimulants, specially stimulants and benzos have actually anxiety disorder.
Many forms of mental illness get self-medicated because of how limited our knowledge about them is to this day.
I think most of drug use is actually self-medicating.
I agree to the fullest!

jhjhsdi

Bluelighter
at the bar chattin up girls lookin disabled
Somebodys playing christmas songs here. I Cant even
Last Xmas i got a temp job in a superstore while my trade work was quiet.
Picked up some 14hr Sunday shifts.
Didnt anticipate them playing the same 10 track cd on repeat all fucking day.
Straight up nearly lost my shit and walked out because of it. That shit rapes your brain hard and embeds itself DEEP.
The bells haunted me at night. I couldn't sleep in silence for weeks.
The only things that kept me there were knowing i was earning money (1.25x wages on Sundays) for drugs/not actually wanting to go home to my ex and her kids lol

Alex_1991

Bluelighter
Yeah, definitely a lot of self medicaters.

I would think heroin users have more anxiety then stimulant users? Stimulant users IMO are more likely to be depressed if anything. Flat. Lifeless.

Not to be dramatic.
It seems backward to use stims for anxiety because they can cause anxiety tenfold, but when they work they work well. Im definitely self medicating that and a plethora of issues, including the addiction itself now.

@DeadManWalkin' Im not mixing benzos together but I often mix alcohol which is similar.. It takes the edge right off. You’re pretty spot on in your profiling here at least my case.

DeadManWalkin'

Bluelighter
Yeah, definitely a lot of self medicaters.

I would think heroin users have more anxiety then stimulant users? Stimulant users IMO are more likely to be depressed if anything. Flat. Lifeless.

Not to be dramatic.
However I should add that stimulate use causes depression.
Man that Was a Quality dm. Thanks. 😁
Yeah, maybe I should translate it because it had lot of information in it.
Just would take shitload of time.
It seems backward to use stims for anxiety because they can cause anxiety tenfold, but when they work they work well. Im definitely self medicating that and a plethora of issues, including the addiction itself now.

@DeadManWalkin' Im not mixing benzos together but I often mix alcohol which is similar.. It takes the edge right off. You’re pretty spot on in your profiling here at least my case.
So it seems, but usually when people tell me that they use stims mostly or stims and benzos I ask "Do you have anxiety disorder?" and the answer 90% of the time is yes.
So the doctor didn't talk bullshit.

madness00

Sr. Moderator: NMI, MH, CD, SLR
Staff member
You sampled at least 10 people and they all were self aware enough to say yes doesn't mean you and your welfare doctor are right shit head <3

I know i hold little anxiety and so do the crazy mother fuckers i used to use with.

DeadManWalkin'

Bluelighter
You sampled at least 10 people and they all were self aware enough to say yes doesn't mean you and your welfare doctor are right shit head <3

I know i hold little anxiety and so do the crazy mother fuckers i used to use with.
I've been reading studies too man, but that was just my empirical analysis.
Most tweakers i know are extremely anxious.
Stimulant use can cause that too, so which one was first - the egg or the chicken?
That might be a good question to ask, but what the doctor told me was that the anxiety is the root cause usually.
Of course there are multiple causes and anxiety isn't the only one, but yeah. Anxiety is very common too, so it's pretty logical it's one of the most common root causes.
Also, I said specially in case of benzos and speed.
However here we have paste, you guys have meth. So it might be somehow different.

madness00

Sr. Moderator: NMI, MH, CD, SLR
Staff member
Right, which causes which.

Regardless of paste vs. meth it has the same general effect you can always slam a shit load of paste to make it more methy :geek:

DeadManWalkin'

Bluelighter
Not to undermine people's issues but for a lot of me it's basic boredom and restlessness. I used to think.. Why not? Feels good and i have nothing in life i get that rush from.

Sure, and escape.
Yeah, it gives a spice in life which you can't get elsewhere that easy.
For me when I started using drugs my thought was always to go for the hard drugs, since they obviously feel best.
It was boredom, need for the thrill. I also found the game fascinating for some reason, but not so much anymore.
Different people have different causes and I'm not diagnosing you here, it was just basic discussion.