• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Changing my 20mg valium script to a 12mg Lectopam (Bromazepam 6mg bid script)

THE_REAL_OBLIVION

Bluelight Crew
Sometimes I wish there was a Canadian sub-forum, aussies got one...

Because we have stuff that's also only in europe, we're kinda in between.

America does not have Bromazepam, but we surely do here in Canada, it's one of the most used, with Clonazepam and Valium (Xanax is hard to get, I got scripts of it but to me it lasts way too shortly, not worth it, got up to 1mg twice a day and when it did nothing, i told my psy I didn't want it anymore, he didn't know I had secured Temazepam 30mg at bed time everyday with 12 refills from new GP and i intend on keeping things that way.).

I take 20mg valium a day for my GAD, I do not have panic attacks, so the Xanax was indeed superfluous, I need something for GAD and insomnia, things I've had since childhood (mixed with ADHD, which hockey and baseball leagues turned to only ADD:pI for which I was scripted Dexedrine (it's the first line med here when MPH fails, Adderall XR(no IR here) is considered an exception med if over 18 so your doc has to write in a form to convince the ministry of health blah blah, same thing with Vyvanse, but that's for people of ALL ages). It worked wonders for many things, studying, making stuff I find boring normally interesting, the whole half-meth effects its known for.

Anyway I'm not here to speak of stimulants. I'm seeing my psy this year in december, I see him once a year, tell him about my progress and sometimes regressions, but since 2 years I'm on the upswing big time. My physical issues are finally taken seriously/been found, once I'm off bupe, i'm in to the pain clinic where I already had an evaluation and I'll get myself some generic 60mg oxycontins, well Oxycodone-CR 60mg).

20mg of Valium usually is enough for me to get through it the 2 weeks i'm served it, I asked for that so that I couldn't get in horrendous troubles I had a couple times where once I lost my script (for real) in a bus (a long haul bus, not a city bus) and another time when I was out of Dilaudid to shoot up so I doubled down on the valium and yeah it was ugly, thought I was dying. There was a neat graph that I had saved, well all my old picture folder is on a hard drive that still works but needs to have its circuit board changed where all these benzos available in germany or austria whatever, it was german language and it was a side bar graph with a list of benzos and each effects had a colour, the longer the colour of the bar, the stronger the effects in that category.

Bromazepam basically has the same anxiolytic effects as Xanax (I've had it before, the 3mg didn't much if I just ate 1, but a 6mg green pill did the trick. It also shares almost as much of the muscle relaxation effects of Valium, which in my case are very useful (my very fucked temporomandibular left articulation which makes going to the dentist hell, keeping my mouth open, and it doesn't open very wide due to the problem itself), it helps the spasms caused pain there and reduces the headaches and the eye aches and every crap that a very bad case of inoperable TMJ disorder can cause. The one thing I'm not sure, and half0life doesn't mean everything, is how long does the effects of bromazepam really last (It's been about 4 years since i've had any, I forgot). All I know is Valium never stopped working, unlike Xanax, Bromazepam being an old school medium to high length half-life benzo with not effective metabolites, maybe it could be a solution to those 3-4 days sometimes I end up with no valium, so it means I'll spend the whole time until refill day in my room, not wanting to talk to anybody,reducing stimuli the most possible. It seems like valium kicks in real fast for me, and by the time it's 2 pm-3pm (I take it when I wake up for work, the whole 20mg, its been a long time it's made me sleepy, but the anti-GAD/agoraphobia effects never go away). The temazepam at night script is new, I would take xanax mostly to make weed enjoyable again, otherwise I don't like it anymore (i smoked hash,weed and oil for 9 years everyday and got sick of it, it would cause panic attacks, hash less so, strangely). But yeah, I just want to know if 12mg of Bromazepam would cover me for the whole day, say I take 6mg in the morning 6mg in the afternoon). Nevermind the Nordazepam, I don't think it has much effect on me as a metabolite. Or maybe it should be 18mg a day of bromazepam?

I got until dec 18th to decide. Not going back to clonazepam that is for sure, thats why im on valium, to do a partial taper to a weaker drug. Other options are scarce, they're either for panic attacks, xanax, triazolam, are very sleep inducing : Temazepam, Flurazepam, or plainly suck : clorazepate (pro-drug for nordazepam, uh no thanks) and oxazepam, takes 1h to kick in, 30 minutes of effects, no wonder the chick I know with a script to oxazepam says take 2x30mg every 3 hours, and lorazepam, which also is more of an anti-panic attack thing, even though I enjoy the 2mg ones, they're not what i'm looking for, for legit GAD needs. Before someone brings up SSRI's or other antidepressants, i'm bipolar, can't take antidepressants, I fly into mania, and i'm not depressed, so no wonder.

8rjVYye.gif
[/IMG]

Wonders of wonders, I found the german graph tonight randomly on some imageboard that is populated with people like us ¬_¬

Yep, what I remembered, more anxiolytic than valium, and a little bit weaker in everything else, but much more balanced than diazepam, and I don't think it has active metabolites, which is a seller for my psydoc.

So Canadians and Europeans or Americans who've had bromazepam somehow, how does that idea sound, been on valium since october 2010 when a clonazepam taper was halted due to the fact that although I had reduced my benzo intake generally by 2/3, I didn't feel well by removing 5mg per week after that, and later on we'd do a 1mg per 2 weeks taper. It might be even easier with bromazepam, not as high as a dosage, but still not one of those active at microgram levels. I'm wondering if I should ask him his advice if he says he has no problem with of either having 12mg or 15mg a day, I think he would say 18 is too high a level. 15 is possible with a couple 6's and a 3.

Last edited:
Bromazepam is a good benzodiazepine. It has primarily anxiolytic effects so it's good if you want to be up and alert (which I usually do). It reminds me of a long-lasting Xanax, personally. I would like alprazolam a lot more as a drug if it lasted longer, as it has an effects profile similar to bromazepam, but sadly it doesn't.

Diazepam has always been one of the more highly sedating benzodiazepines for me personally.

Only Ketazolam is more sedative in there, and I never ever heard of anyone having it, even these snooty europeans with their pilled Midazolam, Lormetazepam, LOPRAZOLAM, Rohypnol, Quazepam (the only benzo that is an hypnotic that does not fuck with REM sleep) and some others I can't think of now (not really into Medazepam or Clotiazepam from reading up about them. Ketazolam seem like valium-lite.

Anyway the only thing that makes me hesitate is the pain relieving from the Valium due to the muscle relaxation, the only one that comes close is Tetrazepam, and we don't have that here either, I hear it's very useful as an every day muscle relaxant or sports injuries though. Like, instead of being given cyclobenzaprine, they give out tetrazepam instead.

Regarding Valium, what is considered a mid range dose, a decent but not crazy high dose about 15-20mgs?

I've always thought of Valium to be a gentle drug with regard to the experience/feeling, certainly not gentle in the dangerous WD benzo factor but a smooth ride. I have very limited benzo experience over the years despite having a love affair with IV Amphetamine that lasted over decade, I've had valium, oxazepam, temazepam and xanax (made me anxious as fuck) but not enough times to get to know each of their beneficial and not so beneficial qualities, I think I can agree that Valium is easily taken whenever but temaz is better as a sleep aid.

Yeah, I got exactly a month to think what to do, I might be bored with Valium for some reason, but i'm afraid I will find Bromaz not to last long enough, although i'm sure with 18mg a day I'd be fine, but that's like if I asked for more valium, and a dose of more than 20mg is pretty much out of question except when tapering, its the max dose of valium he will use for GAD, which is reasonable. Maybe 15mg, Like being given 6mg's and halves of 6mg's or just 6 and 3's, i've had that done before when going from 25mg valium to 20mg valium a mg at a time, that needed 2mg valiums. Hmm..

Regarding Valium, what is considered a mid range dose, a decent but not crazy high dose about 15-20mgs?

I've always thought of Valium to be a gentle drug with regard to the experience/feeling, certainly not gentle in the dangerous WD benzo factor but a smooth ride. I have very limited benzo experience over the years despite having a love affair with IV Amphetamine that lasted over decade, I've had valium, oxazepam, temazepam and xanax (made me anxious as fuck) but not enough times to get to know each of their beneficial and not so beneficial qualities, I think I can agree that Valium is easily taken whenever but temaz is better as a sleep aid.

Mixing 20mg of valium with 2x30mg temazepam was the closest to the original benzo euphoria I got to recreate again. Outside RC benzos. Flubromazepam feels like a mix of bromazepam and temazepam. I still remember how neat bromazepam felt, very deeply anxiolytic, and lasts 8 hours at least, not the ridiculous 30 minutes one gets when just slightly used to Xanax.

Forgot to say I'm scripted 20mg a day and it's the maximum usual dose (when not tapering, when I tapered clonazepam, my first week I had to take 55mg a day heh).