• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

changing metabolism of nutmeg= different metabolites & effects?

Like the above I want a truthful response since I found this thread very interesting and want to aid the experiment.

The only drug I have touched in the last 2 weeks is Weed, and the last time I did any stims, which were Mephedrone and MDMA, were about 4 weeks ago and have since preformed a drug test and have only come up positive for Weed so I am willing to take the Nutmeg plus Pepper experiment then do a drug test and see what happens.

I just want to know what the aftereffects are because I need to be prepared, and in all honesty, the aftereffects from the first/last time I tired nutmeg (when I was 15) completely outweigh the good so I defiantly want to know them.

are there less side-effects than with nutmeg alone? if you say yes to that, are you really being truthful or is it just wishful thinking?

yes there is less side effects than nutmeg alone, and a lot more positive psychedelic effects.

i won't ever take nutmeg alone again after discovering this effect.

I am on 16 drops of elemi oil right now. When I experiment with this again in a couple of days, I will ingest a gram of black pepper in capsules an hour before I take the elemi oil in milk. I'll report back in if it was different from today.

Another Success!

i was bored so i decided to go back to my old nutmeg therory and it's experiements.

i called a friend over, and we both played guinea pig. to make a long story short, be both tried nutmeg alone one night and nutmeg with black pepper another night twice ande both came to the conclusion that nutmeg alone feels like strong weed(as what i have been feeling and what is usually felt with nutmeg alone) and that nutmeg with black pepper feel way more psychedelic.

(with nutmeg & black pepper)my friend and i both noticed psychedelia with trails, CEVs and some OEVs, euphoria, mild stimulation, "breathing" walls, pupil dilation, increased liking of music, and significantly altered thinking.

with nutmeg alone it was the typical nutmeg effects(sedated, strong weed-like feeling). both had a long duration.

with all the experiements with myself and others with nutmeg with black pepper i know there is something, and its worth trying.

*also a while back i drug tested someone who tried it(he had not used drugs for a long time for the experiement) and he came up positive for amphetamine(i posted this earlier in the thread) so theres some real solid evidence.

I think this is really interesting to be honest. I have tried nutmeg alone (1 freshly ground nutmeg) and enjoyed the effect. It came on after around about 5 hours and lasted for about a day lol. It was sedating with a strong stoning sensation. However, I think there is ground to be explored in your discovery. I will try it out to test your hypothesis. I'm a bit fanatical about freshness, although i do find that good practice does tend to produce the most intense effect so i will grind a fresh nutmeg or two, and grind some whole black pepper, and try them to really see what's going on. I do expect that it may be different.

I should note that extracts of milk thistle can protect the human liver against acute toxicity from many different toxic compounds, so if people are bothered about liver toxicity, it could be added along-side the pepper and the nutmeg. However milk thistle itself and the compounds contained within it also alter the functioning of the liver and therefore may further alter the metabolic fate of nutmeg's components, so that may not be a good idea, in case for example it actually inhibits the effect that we're looking for lol. But, who knows about that, I doubt it would do any harm so somebody might want to try that too, as if it does not inhibit the positive psychoactive properties, then it may provide some extra insurance against the proposed toxic effects. I do not feel it is a dire threat however. Consuming high doses of nutmeg every single day may cause a problem.

But I think that it is good that you posted this phenomenon you have found, because there is worth in any experimentation and I don't feel that it is necessary for people to discourage that because its 'just a kitchen spice' when it is actually, in some way, quite a little more.

I would also like to suggest an added combination of 5-hydroxytryptophan (common 5-HTP) as some people describe a profound potentiation of cannabis intoxication by combining the two. So, i don't know where nutmeg, pepper and 50mg to 100mg of 5-HTP might take you, it could be surprising.

Maybe an addition of passion flower, syrian rue or deprenyl (selegiline) or morning glory seeds? These combinations however could get really dangerous (especially the MAOI ones, the first three). There are literally infinite unexplored avenues of combination that could lead to favourable outcomes, but this is true for all drugs and plants, not just nutmeg. The possibilities, I think, are exciting.

Okay so I ate two 125 mg gelcaps of black pepper about an hour ago, and another two capsules a few minutes ago, totalling 500 mg of black pepper or about 25 mg of piperine assuming a pretty standard 5% piperine content. This should be sufficient to inhibit the enzymes.

I am sipping a glass of milk with 15 drops of elemi oil. The last time I tried it, there was a mild stimulated and on two brief occasions some euphoria, as well as a strange numb or buzzing feeling behind my nose inside my skull that I haven't felt before... it's a little like the tingling numbing sensation you get after doing too much nitrous and not getting enough oxygen, but different. There was definitely a drug effect.

I'll let you know how it goes this time.

Boring. I got high instead. Maybe some slight euphoria and a bit of waving patterns but I don't care. It's 4:20 here, I'm munching on a Snickers and watching The Simpsons instead. Hahaha :D

edit:holy shit... I spoke too soon... it just kicked in, holy fuck... updating later

Last edited:
I would also like to suggest an added combination of 5-hydroxytryptophan (common 5-HTP) as some people describe a profound potentiation of cannabis intoxication by combining the two. So, i don't know where nutmeg, pepper and 50mg to 100mg of 5-HTP might take you, it could be surprising.

nutmeg is a MAOI so taking 5-HTP could be very dangerous.

*also i read what you said about adding morning glory seeds, and in my experience those are one hell of an experience in themselves. ;)

Okay, I just made some dinner and sat down in front of the computer to relay to you my past couple of hours.
After I made the edit to my post the feelings got so intense that I had to go lie down. It was a very sedating high that made me want to just lie in bed with my mouth distorted into a Cheshire cat grin, looking at all the pretty colors. And man, were there colors. The psychedelic part of it kept building as I laid there in my bed, and I kept getting more and more tired. The whole room soon seemed to be breathing - lights were waving about, horizontal rainbow colored lines would soon start scrolling through my vision in a downwards fashion, and the walls were covered in geometric fractal patterns that I would never be able to recreate. Closing my eyes, the colors were just as intense, electric blue and warm orange swirling about in a cacophony of brilliance... A tear came to my eye from the sheer beauty of it.

I eventually passed out, only to wake up in a haze about 30 minutes ago, still slightly tripping. It's less intense now but my visual field is still very distorted, colors are still a bit swirly, the room is a bit breathy, and I am a bit hungry, so I'm going to feast on this plate of Pasta Bolognese as I watch the new episode of House.

BS out.

Okay, I just made some dinner and sat down in front of the computer to relay to you my past couple of hours.
After I made the edit to my post the feelings got so intense that I had to go lie down. It was a very sedating high that made me want to just lie in bed with my mouth distorted into a Cheshire cat grin, looking at all the pretty colors. And man, were there colors. The psychedelic part of it kept building as I laid there in my bed, and I kept getting more and more tired. The whole room soon seemed to be breathing - lights were waving about, horizontal rainbow colored lines would soon start scrolling through my vision in a downwards fashion, and the walls were covered in geometric fractal patterns that I would never be able to recreate. Closing my eyes, the colors were just as intense, electric blue and warm orange swirling about in a cacophony of brilliance... A tear came to my eye from the sheer beauty of it.

I eventually passed out, only to wake up in a haze about 30 minutes ago, still slightly tripping. It's less intense now but my visual field is still very distorted, colors are still a bit swirly, the room is a bit breathy, and I am a bit hungry, so I'm going to feast on this plate of Pasta Bolognese as I watch the new episode of House.

BS out.

you felt sedated?

i felt mildly stimulated, however i used nutmeg which has more compounds in it than elemi oil(although both have elemicin).

well its good and interesting to hear it worked with someone else.

you felt sedated?

i felt mildly stimulated, however i used nutmeg which has more compounds in it than elemi oil(although both have elemicin).

well its good and interesting to hear it worked with someone else.

Very sedated, I was completely floored and as I said eventually outright passed out. I suspect that I might have a strain of oil high in Myrcene which is known to act as a sedative, though I thought it'd work faster than the elemicin and not peak simultaneously. Perhaps whatever the elemicin is metabolized into with the inhibited liver enzymes is a sedating psychedelic. I don't know.

I can't wait to experiment with this some more. I'll wait until at least Saturday to not let my tolerance ramp up to much. I'll try a more substantial dose, and some more pepper - perhaps 250 mg at T = -02:00, another 250 at T = -01:00, again at T=00:00 and at T=01:00. That would make a full gram. As for the oil, I want to try 10 drops at T=00:00, 10 drops at T=00:10 and another 10 at T=00:20. This should make for a gentler come-up, I hope.

As for nutmeg, the only reason I'm not experimenting with it right now is because I don't want cross-tolerance with the oil. Usually I get high on it 2-3 times a month, but I haven't lately since I want my elemicin tolerance to be minimal to get all I can from the oil.

Very sedated, I was completely floored and as I said eventually outright passed out. I suspect that I might have a strain of oil high in Myrcene which is known to act as a sedative, though I thought it'd work faster than the elemicin and not peak simultaneously. Perhaps whatever the elemicin is metabolized into with the inhibited liver enzymes is a sedating psychedelic. I don't know.

I can't wait to experiment with this some more. I'll wait until at least Saturday to not let my tolerance ramp up to much. I'll try a more substantial dose, and some more pepper - perhaps 250 mg at T = -02:00, another 250 at T = -01:00, again at T=00:00 and at T=01:00. That would make a full gram. As for the oil, I want to try 10 drops at T=00:00, 10 drops at T=00:10 and another 10 at T=00:20. This should make for a gentler come-up, I hope.

As for nutmeg, the only reason I'm not experimenting with it right now is because I don't want cross-tolerance with the oil. Usually I get high on it 2-3 times a month, but I haven't lately since I want my elemicin tolerance to be minimal to get all I can from the oil.

drug test yourself, my friend who did this drug tested himself and came up positive for amphetamine.

if you come up positive for amphetamine as well thats really significant(my theory is that subsituted amphetamines are whats being formed).

While I only have experience with two amphetamines (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine and, well, amphetamine) I think it's safe to say that this was not one. There was no stimulation at all, I could not have forced myself to stay awake with all the willpower I had. Which was almost none because I was so fucking out there. Now, the day after, I really feel like my mood is a lot better than normal. I smoke almost every day and trip almost every week but today is different from many other "day after the trip" days.. I feel more energetic, better equipped to deal with whatever life throws at me today.

If I had easy access to amphetamine home test kits I would definitely test myself, but I don't think there is enough evidence for the trans-amination hypothesis for me to spend money on buying one online. If I did have easy access, I would do elemi oil five times without anything else and test myself every time, then do elemi oil with pepper five times and test myself every time. False positives are rampant with home test kits like these - it may as well be what happened with your friend.

Time for me to swing by the university and work with electromagnetics all day. Fucking magnets, how do they work? (a purely relativistic phenomenon caused by charges moving at velocities close to that of light, my lecturer tells me, but bah, it's probably just magic.)

peace out holmes

not everything that causes a false positive for amphetamine is going to be stimulating

While I only have experience with two amphetamines (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine and, well, amphetamine) I think it's safe to say that this was not one. There was no stimulation at all, I could not have forced myself to stay awake with all the willpower I had. Which was almost none because I was so fucking out there. Now, the day after, I really feel like my mood is a lot better than normal. I smoke almost every day and trip almost every week but today is different from many other "day after the trip" days.. I feel more energetic, better equipped to deal with whatever life throws at me today.

If I had easy access to amphetamine home test kits I would definitely test myself, but I don't think there is enough evidence for the trans-amination hypothesis for me to spend money on buying one online. If I did have easy access, I would do elemi oil five times without anything else and test myself every time, then do elemi oil with pepper five times and test myself every time. False positives are rampant with home test kits like these - it may as well be what happened with your friend.

Time for me to swing by the university and work with electromagnetics all day. Fucking magnets, how do they work? (a purely relativistic phenomenon caused by charges moving at velocities close to that of light, my lecturer tells me, but bah, it's probably just magic.)

peace out holmes

you can buy home drug tests cheap at most convience stores.