• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Change in the "rush" when administered IV in the foot vs the arm?

Morphoid

Bluelighter
I had spent a good few years off the needle and unfortunately, after a recent chance encounter with an old friend who has hooked us up with a supply of the best gear we have ever come across (I'm serious ... it's incredible), I have ventured back into shooting gear. (I already feel horrible about it and the guilt is already crushing ... so please don't make me feel worse about it than I already do guys. I know ... I'm a moron.)

That said ... owing to the fact that almost all of the primarily accessible and useful veins in my hands and arms are either collapsed or too deep to find without poking around too much, I have taken to using a couple of fat veins in my feet. (I am aware of all the undesirable effects and risks this carries also, so please ... just let's skim over that. For anyone else thinking about going in your feet. DON'T! It's a bad idea and should be avoided.

I have noticed some rather interesting things.

1. The hit takes far longer to happen after a perfect administration into the vein in my foot, compared to say, a cephalic administration.
  2. The rush is far less intense.

The first point, is not really a mystery, as the gear has to travel further and is probably slightly more spread out in my blood flow before it reaches the brain. But why is the rush less intense? Is it because it is more spread out or diluted? Or is there some other reason.

I use the word gear of course to refer to freebase diacetylmorphine/heroin. Apologies, it is common parlance round these here parts.

Last edited:
The rush is less intense because, as you said, the "gear" gets pumped through your body, diluting itself in your blood, resulting in a less intense rush. Most likely because the heroin(or actually morphine once it hits your brain) is attaching to your corresponding opioid receptors at a slower, more steady and longer lasting rate. Whereas if you IV in the typical places like the Basilic or Cephalic veins, the heroin(morphine) attaches to your opioid receptors at a much faster rate...almost all at once....thus causing the intense rush.

The rush is all the same , it may feel more intense in the arm verse the foot due to travel time to brain

You're not a moron, you're part of the 0.001% (even less I guess) of all humans that ever lived that are getting the chance to experience with new major advances on how to get high.
The very first "societys" that existed where based on agriculture of psychoactive plants and exchange of those, aswell as knowledge about them. Imagine Poppy, Cannabis and very probably a lot of others we have stopped carring about. It then already basically was all about who knew how to achieve the best this or that with such and much, etc.

And don't shoot your feet TBH, but try looking for some spots just under your knees, on the sides facing each other. Upon standing they should be visible. They're like the 3rd biggest veins in your legs.

How many shots did it took you to colapse those veins? It really seems your shots are way too acidic. Go get yourself some 29-31G insulins.

You should mix your dope with water (like one shot with only 2/3rd water), no acid. Make a soluz of only acid and water (more % than usual) and with a syringe slowly add tiny bits of it with stirring, to the cup with your dope. you'll know just how much to add - and if you know thei wheight of dope you put in and the wheight of acid, you can make a 5-10% accurate guess about purity.
It'll be totally different from a shot you'd just prep by throwing in whtever amount of acid and praying your vein will survive at least two shots..

jamesBrown - Yeah, sounds absolutely sensible to me. Thanks for the confirmation of my speculations and indeed further points.

LaGaFaNi - Well, I greatly appreciate your opposing my self-deprecation about being a moron, but nevertheless - being a supposed adult who is spending his free time intravenously administering diamorphine into his saphenous vein in his foot so that he can sleep and cope with things rather makes me feel like a moron. I have many, MANY years of habit behind me and unfortunately, some exceptionally stupid laziness and foolishness over a long time regarding proper vein care has resulted in me having absolutely NO alternate options when it comes to IV sites. I am not joking. Using a tourniquet and vein light I have idiotically managed to systematically locate and collapse all of the solo accessible veins in my body. Last time I was in hospital, they had to go in my femoral because they literally couldn't get ANYTHING else.

I use the absolute minimum amount of acid, always a new needle (30G), highly sterile and careful prep and follow the rules to the letter, now! But the fact is, I didn't always ... and that's why I am in such a mess now. Also, I have very poor vascularity anyway. Even at my peak fitness before all of the stupidness began, I didn't have clear or obvious veins at all! So now ... it's just a nightmare.

jamesBrown has already answered your second question. I shoot into my feet for many years now and I wouldn't say the rush is a lot less intense, it's more of a matter of getting used to it at the beginning. I'm pretty low dosed these days but remember well that I'd still nod from a shot into my feet or lower legs when I was on a much higher daily dose. Also see lots of others who are on high doses and shoot into their feet/legs and still nod - it just takes a bit more time till the full effect of the shot sets in. Even people who do it intramuscularly sometimes nod after maybe 3-4 min. or so.

Anyway, when one is fixated on IV use and has terrible vein problems then the time it takes or how intense a shot might feel is the least of your worries, you're just glad that you're still left with some veins where you can continue to inject your dope. Btw I also have poor vascularity by nature, my veins collapsed quicklier than many others I knew. For some reason there are people who seem more or less unaffected by the effects of street dope. I know a few longtime addicts who are shooting H for a decade up to close to 20 years and they can still inject into their arms. But they are definitely the exception to the rule. And females usually have it much worse than guys, met some girls who burned trough their arms/hands, legs/feet plus groin and neck in less than 2 years!