Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Chance to be involved in development of new website

butterflychasing

Greenlighter
(Apologies for blatant ad, but just in case some of you are interested...=D )

The crew behind Reach Out (in partnership with TedNoffs Foundation) are developing a new website with straight up info on drugs. It will create a conversation around taking party and recreational drugs such as cannabis and amphetamines (ecstasy, speed, ice) it will also have information about your rights, and give you a chance to share tips on the best ways to party safely.

We’re looking for a team of young people from Sydney, who can help us to create this website. You would play an integral part in developing the direction and content of the site. This would include design, content, and marketing.

The duration of the steering committee is 7 months, starting in January and ending with the website launch in July 2009. We communicate mostly through online forums, and there are two one day face-to-face workshop - the first one being THIS weekend 1st Feb (ridiculously short notice I know).

Apply to be on a steering committee to develop a new site.
To become involved you need to be:
• Aged 18-25
• Living in Sydney
• Able to attend both one-day workshops
• Able to access the internet at least one hour per week
• Accept the aims of the project

If you are interested, PM me. :)

Marianne

Can you post these or PM me the aims?

Sure, the aims of the website are to:

• Empower and inspire young people to make informed choices about their drug-taking behaviour.
  • Be used as a reference point for information on a variety of drugs (initially focusing on ATS).
  • Result in a reduction of young people’s drug use and an increase in safe behaviours amongst those who continue to use.

damn, I wish I lived in sydney..
I'd love to help with something like this :(

damn, I wish I lived in sydney..
I'd love to help with something like this :(

yeah, unfortunately we only have money to run the workshop in sydney. I am also using a blog for updates and to imput into the development of the site. If you're interested, you can check it out here.

This is a fantastic idea. I particularly like the final aim:

# Result in a reduction of young people’s drug use and an increase in safe behaviours amongst those who continue to use.

It basically says to me that drug use in moderation can be an enjoyable and safe experience - depending on the drug and obviously how commonly it is used.

Wishing you all the luck.

Thanks for your support :)