• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe ceiling dose Q

I get prescribed the Subutex ( No Nalaxone ;) ) generics since i have no insurance and I've tried even IV'ing more than 32mg. There really is a ceiling. It's a weird and strange drug.... I'd personally rather be back on methadone although my Dr. doesn't prescribe methadone anymore. He must've been offered a sweet deal with the makers of Suboxone/Subutex.

man bupe is a weird/interesting drug its effects seem to vary a lot some people don't get shit from it some people do and no one can really agree on what dose is best and its effects on the brain/receptors

Ah I totally agree on that. I don't feel shit no matter if I take more than I'm supposed to. I think the only people that get high on it are first timers or they have not done it in a long time.

I think they should also make it a Schedule IV drug too In my opinion since I haven't heard of anyone OD on it unless they mixed with benzos, alcohol, or some other stuff.

Last edited:
Ah I totally agree on that. I don't feel shit no matter if I take more than I'm supposed to. I think the only people that get high on it are first timers or they have not done it in a long time.

I think they should also make it a Schedule IV drug too In my opinion since I haven't heard of anyone OD on it unless they mixed with benzos, alcohol, or some other stuff.
Agreed. +1
Thats funny bc my suboxone doctor prescribed me 60 2mg alprozolam a month also hahaha, Plus ambien, lexapro and temazepam

Last edited:
so what do u guys think I should drop down to from 16mg? Like around 4 and then slowly taper even more? I got 60 8mg today so i have enough to play wwith but i also dont want to waste any. WHat you huys think?

^^ I'm not sure I'm familiar enough with using Suboxone in higher dosages to help you.
My Suboxone dosages are much lower when I use them so I'm not sure how it would scale.
However, there are quite a few people with experience with higher dosages that might be able to help you.
Check out this thread.

Suboxone/Buprenorphine Megathread and FAQ v8.0

It's a wealth of great information & very helpful posters.
You might have some luck posting your story/experience & question in that thread.
From what I've seen your likely to get a good response.
It's quite an active thread & posters tend to be helpful.

For my 2 cents though I find less is more.
At the low doses I use I get much more pleasant/beneficial effects than I experienced when I tried higher dosages.

Hope that helps & that you find an answer to your question.