• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social CD social V the future is here

That sucks bro, dealing with HR is a suckfest. Does she have kids? IME most of the time when a woman ghosts on business it's because of some kid related shit. Men will wait until their kid is vomiting blood before leaving work to deal with it but women will freak out and split if the kid so much as had a bad dream.

Try and catch her in the AM and maybe you can have this sorted before the weekend, good luck man

^^She works out of a hub in another state. I've seen this woman maybe once a month throughout my entire time there.

Went in this morning and thanks to Mother's Day, I just lost my weekend. So that combined with this bullshit, and now I've got it cemented in my head that it's not happening (I never claimed to be the most rational person.) If it does, that's wonderful, fucking fantastic, but I'm not getting my hopes up anymore. I've done what I was supposed to and talked to the people I have access to, and I'm still not closer to having a single clue as to what the next step is or even if I correctly handled the initial steps. Everyone I spoke with this morning says I need to talk to her, but I don't understand how that's possible when I never see the woman at work, she never answers her phone or responds to texts, and her voicemail inbox is filled to capacity and won't take any more messages.

I'm just done with it, man. I mean... I want it, and I want it badly, but not badly enough to work myself into another panic attack like I went through last night. I got it in my head that I'd finally redeemed myself for past fuck-ups and put in the work to make good money and lead the life that I actually want to lead for once, you know? I was literally envisioning the day-to-day as a driver, like.. once the process started the idea just solidified in my mind. I just got ahead of myself and now I'm mentally paying the price for it, once again and pretty much like always.

Ahh that sucks man, it's easy to slip off a person's priority list when you don't even work in the same building. Don't you have any other point of contact you can talk to and have them lean on HR for you? People are madly unreliable in general, gotta blow up phones and schmooze like mad if you want any attention. it's hard if you're the sort of person that doesn't like to cause trouble but sometimes have to kick in the door waving the 44 just to get a hi how are ya

Ahh that sucks man, it's easy to slip off a person's priority list when you don't even work in the same building. Don't you have any other point of contact you can talk to and have them lean on HR for you? People are madly unreliable in general, gotta blow up phones and schmooze like mad if you want any attention. it's hard if you're the sort of person that doesn't like to cause trouble but sometimes have to kick in the door waving the 44 just to get a hi how are ya

Hey man, you're like the only person I've spoken to about this shit so I figured I owed you an update. I have an on-road test tomorrow, provided that there's a truck available at the time. So the process is moving forward, but....

The HR rep straight up told me what I was saying wasn't true (that I'd been calling her, emailing her, showed up to meetings that everyone else has forgotten about.) So I whipped out my phone, showed her my call log and the email.... her response? "I can't figure out whyt I didn't get the calls, but look here on the email-- you capitalized the first letter." and she looked at me with the most smug face I've ever seen. I was dumbfounded. She kept talking, and I repeated twice that email addresses are not case sensitive."Nuh uh! Well... some are." And then she started pulling out forms and filling them out while telling me I need to do A, B and C now and talk to a center manager to schedule the test.

And that was when I decided that I don't ever want to deal with HR again.

So now I'm nervous about the test, because they haven't taught me a fuckin' thing about how they want people to drive their trucks. I figure fuck it, though, this time yesterday I was ready to tell her to take the listing and go fuck herself the next time I saw her, so it is what it is. I'm looking up everything I can today but only time will tell how I do from the driver's seat.

Last edited:
sucks you have to deal with that shit man, good luck with that test tomorrow I hope it works out well!

Anyone got any recommendations for frozen lasagna? I love it, but can’t stand either the boil type of no boil noodles. And layering all that stuff is just insane (hats off to people who can pull off a good home cooked lasagna).

I’ve got access to Canadian stores and some stuff from US Walmart.

Looking for something with sausage (I’ll take ground beef), noodles, a good chunky tomatoe sauce, gobs of mozzarella and ricotta cheese. 5 lbs.

Tom
(Yup, the munchies)

Frozen lasagna? Sounds like a recipe for a soggy mess, but Stouffers always surprises me when I'm expecting my TV dinner to come out of the microwave looking like soup.

This link might help you out if you can't get any firsthand suggestions here:

Frozen lasagna? Sounds like a recipe for a soggy mess, but Stouffers always surprises me when I'm expecting my TV dinner to come out of the microwave looking like soup.

This link might help you out if you can't get any firsthand suggestions here:

It may be a bit late now but I'll second the Stouffers suggestion. I'm partial to the meat variety which does not contain ricotta but from my experience Stouffers is one of the higher quality frozen lasagnas available. Good suggestion. (y)

I got my shot at it, yessir. I've qualified for the company's driving school, but I still have to pass the week-long course to get the job... and then I have to qualify for a permanent spot once I'm in my 30 day probationary period.

But yeah, man, it's progress! I was super nervous getting a physical, come to find out everybody I had spoken to was right-- DoT physicals don't drug test , either in my area or for my employer. It makes no sense but hey, I'm not complaining.

Mood:

DoT = department of transportation?. In Canada it’s called Motor Vehicles Branch (I think).

Tom

meltszn bubba kush hash rosin kickin' my butt

perfect after gardening.

meltszn bubba kush hash rosin kickin' my butt

perfect after gardening.

meltszn? is that.... polish? russian?

Fuck man, these days so many new strains and products are coming out that it's impossible to keep up from a grey state.

Good to see you though, assclass, I feel like you haven't been around CD for a while now.

congrats bro, you're moving up like the Jeffersons now

lol, you know what's kind of fucked about that, though? the pay rate to go through training is less than what I've been pulling in-building for about 4 years now. It'll be more hours, though, and once I'm actually through with the school I'll be looking at a $5 raise and 40-60hr weeks. 4 years into the job and you top out at $35.46/hr, everything over 40 hours is OT paid at time and a half, and 60+hr weeks are stupidly common for our drivers. There are even situations where they make triple-time OT.

I already want to buy my folks a new house, lmao.

melt season... like full melt

one of the best solventless brands in canada

Screenshot_20190402-125505_Gallery-600x448.jpg

congrats bro, you're moving up like the Jeffersons now
melt season... like full melt

one of the best solventless brands in canada

Screenshot_20190402-125505_Gallery-600x448.jpg

fuuuuuuuuuuck that looks tasty

Fuckin' butter up my toast with that...

[Double-Post Avoidance:

Maaaaan, I don't know if I'm late on this or what but i've been really fuckin' with this dude Rod Wave. Weak name, but the best new music I've heard in a long time, but I mean, I might just be gettin' old, idk

Last edited: