• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social CD social V the future is here

I wonder if I should stock up on my mmj in case anything happens.

I've been meaning to do that since Friday, but I've been too drunk to make the call and drive to the ATM. Managed to get a hold of a bit of Xanax today, though, so I can stop the god awful binge-drinking for a couple weeks.

I just hope my dude hasn't run out by the time I call him tomorrow, he's had some of the best bud I've smoked in a really long time. That last half ounce of Runts(/Runtz?) has lasted me for fuckin' ever, it seems like. It's pricier than I'm used to, but after my fuck-up with the CBD bud pick-up I'm more than willing to pay a little bit more for genuine top-shelf.

As far as food goes, it seems like @Thomas Davie is super-prepared compared to me and my week-to-week impulse shopping. I could probably last a month or two off of random bullshit throughout the house, but only if I rationed everything I have now carefully from today onward. I won't, though. I'll probably make a list of non-perishables and do what I can trying to stock up tomorrow, now that y'all have made me think about it.

I'm not worried about the virus, though. I'm doing what I can to prevent transmission to other folks, but I'm sure if I catch it I'll be part of the ~90% that have lived through the experience. The real goal should be keeping our elderly safe, and our kids (everyone really, but children especially) from becoming carriers to this virus that, despite being not-the-most-fatal thing in the world, is super contagious and a serious danger for older people and those with already-compromised immune and respiratory systems. If you're healthy and relatively young, just wash your hands and try to avoid contact with your face and eyes to prevent becoming yet another point of transmission. I really don't think anybody but a small portion of the population is facing any serious danger if they contract this shit, so the main concern should just be to try and prevent the spread.

Just my typically winded $0.02 on a subject everyone and their mother seem to be talking about lately.

[EDIT: For those that don't know (and it seems no one KNOWS anything about this virus with all the conflicting information from competing sources) but the most viable route of infection is through your eyes and tearducts. N95 breathing masks don't have a fine-enough filter to keep the tiny virus from slipping through, but apparently something as simple as wearing eyeglasses can be a big help. Protective glasses even moreso. I haven't gone that far myself, but I know some people get paranoid about this shit. There's people at work wearing masks and shit, and I figure folks should at least know when the preventative measures they're taking aren't actually preventative at all.]

Last edited:
I just grabbed a month supply of herb, I usually store enough calorie dense foods to last a while -- canned fish and turkey, pickled foods, rice, beans, lentils, and coffee. I also filled up the fuel reserves and cleaned the Remingtons in case this thing turns into some kind of monster apocalypse. Since it's bat flu I'm guessing maybe it'll come to vampires this time.

Gah, forgot to get silver bullets. You think it'll be OK if I just spray some colloidal silver on them? Oh wait, silver is for werewolves isn't it... hmmm... better make some 00 garlic shot

I just grabbed a month supply of herb, I usually store enough calorie dense foods to last a while -- canned fish and turkey, pickled foods, rice, beans, lentils, and coffee. I also filled up the fuel reserves and cleaned the Remingtons in case this thing turns into some kind of monster apocalypse. Since it's bat flu I'm guessing maybe it'll come to vampires this time.

Gah, forgot to get silver bullets. You think it'll be OK if I just spray some colloidal silver on them? Oh wait, silver is for werewolves isn't it... hmmm... better make some 00 garlic shot

That should work at first but man, you're gonna run out of ammo eventually. We just need to go the NEGAN route and get our baseball bats ready. I've already named mine Griselda.

04dead3-jumbo.jpg

I keep a bat right by my bed, also got a stabbing knife for my right hand and slashing knife for my left hand, and a dull bayonet from the Boer war in case two mofos come at once and I need to skewer them shishkabob style. Though I guess all this probably doesn't impress a guy from MD :eek:

I keep a bat right by my bed, also got a stabbing knife for my right hand and slashing knife for my left hand, and a dull bayonet from the Boer war in case two mofos come at once and I need to skewer them shishkabob style. Though I guess all this probably doesn't impress a guy from MD :eek:

lol fuck you, man, Maryland doesn't go hard. At least, not for the most part. You gotta hit the inner-city for the real bangers, problem is they've just been gentrified out here to the outskirts for decades now, straight out of their inner-city homes and into the heart of the DC metro suburbs (Baltimore-area too, but I'm really unfamiliar of how exactly the streets work up there, at least as far as the drug market goes.) They're not all bad people, but a large criminal element is for sure riding the wave and influencing local culture.

But naw, i got a bedside knife too, lol. Several through the house and two strategically placed, legal firearms. Also three alert dogs. Not guard dogs per se` (two of them when they were younger, now they're old enough to more likely get injured if I let them take that role.) So yeah, if my dogs alert me in the middle of the night I'm up pretty quick with a weapon in my hand. Middle of the day, mehhhh... I'll probably just run out ready for a fight, but depending on the mood of the day I could just lock everything up and watch the windows before I figure out what's happening.

Normally? They're wildin' out over a trash truck or package delivery, 95% of the damn time. There's been that 5% where they've helped me discovery sketchy situation that I never would've known were happening otherwise. I love my pups too much to use 'em to guard/as security anymore. I've always tried to train them to attack to protect themselves (the whole pack) and whichever part of the family is with them. They're really chill unless another dog walks up openly aggressive, and then they shut that shit down quick. They're all big babies, for real, but three 60lb-95lb dogs are damn near impossible to fight off without an owner they'll respond to immediately, and even then, if the other dog doesn't back off and my dogs continue to think there's a threat, there's not much I can do to stop my squad of dogs from literally defending themselves. Commands'll work, but not if the other dog is actively continuing the fighting and posturing. That's actually why I only walk one at a time now. Shit became too volatile with all the under-trained pitbulls and junkyard mutts around here (love both kinds of dogs, got mutts myself but when they're untrained or neglected the fuckers can be downright lethal.)

Not sure how I got off on that tangent! Always happens with me, and I always blame the Xanax when I've got it in me. Also been up all night doin' laundry with a few bodyweight exercise sets thrown in in between vape-loads. It's so weird how this stuff gives me energy for days, until the random moment it just stops and I pass out hours later as if my batteries just up and died on me.

I face the unruly mobs to see what scraps are left at the grocery store this morning. All I’m looking for is coffee and milk/dried milk. Then I’ll order some more weed and get it this afternoon.

Just realized this shit’s real. They cancelled the women;s world curling championships that were supposed to start on the 13th but noooooo. They cancel hockey, baseball, basketball, etc and I don’t care. But curling? There were 26 x 3 1/2 hours games gonna be on tv.

Rented a vod movie last night called Fat Ass Zombies. Heh, don’t bother unless you like Troma type films.

Tom

edit - grocery shopping was interesting. A lot of people wearing face masks. Store was limiting purchases of toilet paper. There was obvious panic buying going on.

Last edited:
I like G-Easy but I seriously thought this him at first glance. I was like, G really let himself go lately.

You... you don't watch the Walking Dead???

Dude, I know it has some slow parts. feel free to find a guide of skip-worthy episodes because there admittedly are a fair amount. It really is an amazing show, though, especially to bingewatch whilst baked. It's kind of like dragonball Z fights, in the sense that they go on with seeming no reason other than to drag shit out, but then when you get to that moment you get thrown curveball after curveball and realize you've somehow come to care about these people as you watch them stare down an eenie-mynie-moe over which one's about to get killed in front of them while they stand helpless.

And that's just like par for the course. Most people's problems seem to be that the show's steered itself a bit away from the whole "zombie apocalypse" aspect of the show in favor of a character development approach. The show tries to get you to humanize each character, good or bad, and eventually leaves you shocked when things turn out the way they do. It does have its slow moments, though. If you'd like, I could try to look up a guide of episodes worth skipping. I'm pretty sure I've lost interest at times over the show's running and still haven't seen entire half seasons, with no desire to because it's still easy to understand if you watch in order and pay attention (even without the fillers.)

Like I said, I understand the hate The Walking Dead's received in recent years but I think it's a bit less deserved than most people seem to think.

G-Eazy's dope, though, dude. I first heard him on datpiff back when he was a kid, instantly loved him for this chorus back when I was 1like 17 or somethin':

but lately, I really liked this one a few years back

How's his latest work?

Last edited:
Not a single episode of The Walking Dead should be missed. They should show it to kids starting in kindergarten and make it mandatory viewing. Let them know that this and Lucille wait for them if they don’t eat their veggies and brush their teeth every day.

I’d even consider Fear the Walking dead as necessary viewing, esp episodes 4.9 and up.

Walking Dead: The World Beyond - now that might be a steaming pile.

Tom

Not a single episode of The Walking Dead should be missed. They should show it to kids starting in kindergarten and make it mandatory viewing. Let them know that this and Lucille wait for them if they don’t eat their veggies and brush their teeth every day.

I’d even consider Fear the Walking dead as necessary viewing, esp episodes 4.9 and up.

Walking Dead: The World Beyond - now that might be a steaming pile.

Tom
idk dude, TWD lost me for multiple seasons after that boring ass focus on the Governor leaving his settlement and wandering aimlessly until hr found the group holed up in a house.
Tried two episodes, quit the show for like 4 years. I was so happy that I gave it another shot, though, but I still had to skip a few dull groups of episode to maintain my personal interest. My biggest gripe is their "mid-season finales."

You... you don't watch the Walking Dead???

Dude, I know it has some slow parts. feel free to find a guide of skip-worthy episodes because there admittedly are a fair amount. It really is an amazing show, though, especially to bingewatch whilst baked.
You got me, I tried watching the first two episodes and then gave up. I have this hipster side that bugs me sometimes cause I really want to like some popular shows but it just doesn't happen a lot of the time.

Even with a show that I have loved, like Breaking Bad, there seems to be a re-surging popularity with it that I'm missing out on. If you're interested in the spin off show, Better Call Saul, has a new season out but I haven't watched any of them. I was excited about it at one point, but just lost interest.

I haven't even given It's Always Sunny in Philly a chance yet but something tells me I would probably really enjoy that show so I'm gonna give that one a chance.

G-Eazy's dope, though, dude. I first heard him on datpiff back when he was a kid, instantly loved him for this chorus back when I was 1like 17 or somethin':

but lately, I really liked this one a few years back

How's his latest work?

Honestly, you were the one who first introduced me on the G Easy. This had to be around the time of the "Opportunity Costs" era, which is when he did his best stuff imo. When "I mean it" came out, he still wasn't that well known but that song blew him the fuck up. I haven't really given his really early stuff a good listen, thanks for the heads up on that though.

His new stuff seems too predictable for my liking. It's like, we get it, you want to make money but you don't have to cater to all the teenie boppers to do it. Because he is a big name now, he's able to pull a lot of other big rappers into his songs but again it all sounds like it was made for the sole purpose of making money (when he clearly doesn't need it) so the passion seems to be lost.

Yeah I'm quite fond of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia too...sitcoms are usually a TV format that I hate, but the sense of humor on IASIP hits that perfect note between (jet) black humor and just general silliness...it's a great show

It’s Always Sunny is so classic I’d go so far as to say it’s the best comedy series of all time, hands down. Nothing cracks me up like some dark as fuck humor.

TWD is boring and terrible, I ditched after season 2 it felt a lot like Game of Thrones which I also ditched after two seasons. Also ditched Breaking Bad and Mad Men when the main characters wives cheated on them, something about women cuckolding their husband without reason really angers me.

Last edited:
It’s Always Sunny is so classic I’d go so far as to say it’s the best comedy series of all time, hands down. Nothing cracks me up like some dark as fuck humor.

TWD is boring and terrible, I ditched after season 2 it felt a lot like Game of Thrones which I also ditched after two seasons. Also ditched Breaking Bad and Mad Men when the main characters wives cheated on them, something about women cuckolding their husband without reason really angers me.

You know, I was gonna give you a bunch of shit for this... but then I remembered how, when I was 19, my fiance cheated on me and got pregnant with a black dude's baby.

I still have trouble seeing interracial relationships on-screen, so I can relate to your reasoning.

What recent shows do you like, if any? Because I could binge-watch everything you listed, though I've never seen Mad Men so I can't call it with that one. Breaking Bad is amazing. Game of Thrones? Amazing (as are the books.) The Walking Dead? It has it's moments, but I honestly get annoyed with the pacing and constant character development myself. I just really like how TWD has strayed away from zombies being the main threat in the show, to fellow survivors becoming more of a menace than anything else. It's also cool to watch the degradation of the zombies over the seasons.

idk, man, I'm fully aware that I watch a lot of shit as a form of escapism. That gives me a lot of wiggle room in deciding what shows I consider "good," because at the end of the day all I really want are characters I can relate to and a storyline that's decent enough for me to lose myself in.

I'm not sure if this is up your alley, but I've recommended this show to a literal shit ton of people and only had a handful say they couldn't get into it:

Last edited:
Obviously taste in media is entirely subjective; the vast majority of consumers would agree with you that GoT is amazing, but I personally hate shows where my favorite characters die and my least favorite never get their comeuppance.

To be frank, there aren't really any newer series I watch. If I recommended anything aside from It's Always Sunny or Parks & Rec or The Office, it would be from the 90s. To me, television reached its peak in the 90s (both in terms of sheer amount of good shows and the fact that modern PC bullshit hadn't crept in) with shows like Frasier, Twin Peaks, Deep Space Nine/Babylon 5. I find most new shows try techniques to intrigue but instead bore, such as killing all your fave characters off (GoT, TWD), cuckolding (TWD, Mad Men, Breaking Bad), inclusion of 'diverse' characters at the expense of real acting (everywhere).

Stranger Things was okay... if you're a kid and haven't seen Twin Peaks, The X-Files, Super 8... I know the show was designed to invoke nostalgia but instead I found it too derivative and uninspired, though I did enjoy the first season.

I also don't really care for anime after the 90s. Love me some OG Pokemon, Initial D, Neon Genesis Evangellion, Robotech. Actually, those last two are on Netflix right now IIRC.

Have you given The Orville a shot? It's pretty corny/cliche, but still a decent watch. It's like a Star Trek clone that doesn't take itself seriously at all. It reminds me a lot of the book Red Shirts by John Scalzi.

As far as anime, I'm pretty much with you... but One Punch Man is pretty sweet. I used to be into One Piece but after ~700 episodes my interest just fizzled away.

But yeah, man, 90's TV was a different breed. I miss TGIF and SNICK, or at least the idea of those kinds of line-ups.