• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social CD social V the future is here

fucking christ, 30/g is 840 an ounce-- gram for gram.

if anybody ever quoted me $30 for a gram I would instantly stop thinking about them as a connect. that's ri-goddamn-diculous.

I can't remember the last time I bought a gram bag. Literally decades...

I’m just saying gram prices are an effective way to show how the market is, and I heard California wants to raise taxes already when I think a gram is 20-25 already there in legal shops. Which would probably bump it up to close to 30 a G. And then the legislators ask people why the black market is thriving in Cali; why the fuck do you think? I would never pay even 20 a G let alone 30.

There are a few states that are blowing everything you guys are saying out of the water.

Patience is a virtue.

There are a few states that are blowing everything you guys are saying out of the water.

Patience is a virtue.
I’m sure there are, I don’t live in a legal state at all so I’m not actually complaining, my weed is tax free and at most 10/G. I’m just saying that Cali has the biggest market and they are jacking up the prices well past what I would ever pay. And regulators are confused as to the reason the black market exists? If they started taxing beer so heavily it cost 20 bucks a six pack you bet your ass black market beer would be booming.

Well, Colorado has its own pitfalls. I wouldn’t move there just for weed. The gun legislation and cost of living there are obscene and unAmerican.

I don’t know why you get so adversarial about everything wolfgang. I’m not picking an argument here I just wanted to talk about how absurd California and Canada are and you turned it into a dick sizing competition somehow.

Wow. I'm not trying to cause an argument. But if you want I'll edit out the prices if it makes you feel better.

Simply a misunderstanding mate, no worries. I probably shouldn’t have brought up prices anyways but since we’re talking legal bud I figured it was okay.

I’m in a shit mood because of a lot of things going on right now so I’ll just step away for a bit.

Thanks man. It’s the little things that keep me going.

Ran out of weed early this week. Can’t decide if I wanna reup again any time soon. I love getting high but it completely ruins what little productivity I have.

Hey BL. Haven't logged into my account for 4-5 years. So many things have changed in my life, I've been reading my old posts and it feels like I'm a totally different person today. I used to be a speed fiend, live hard play hard, over-stressed kind of person. Burning so many bridges I could hardly see what the future would hold. I feel a million times better now, in fact everything has fallen into place in my life, and I am so happy. Feels weird to go back in time and meet the old me. Thanks to cannabis and wine, I am now InvisibleEye 2.0. Cheers to all!

Hey I remember you, welcome back dude, good for you doing well!

When I refer to legal Cdn weed as garbage I should specify overly dry and smells like lawn clippings or stale hay. I'm pretty sure the displeasure of having to pay 3-4 times as much for the legal product
kinda grates a little bit.

Tom

Yeah some of the $10/g stuff seems to be like that, there's still a lot of old inventory on the market :S Some LPs are good though, the stuff I have now is great. Recently packaged, no shake, well cured nugs, really smooth. Things seem to be improving as the regulations are loosening up

Yeah some of the $10/g stuff seems to be like that, there's still a lot of old inventory on the market :S Some LPs are good though, the stuff I have now is great. Recently packaged, no shake, well cured nugs, really smooth. Things seem to be improving as the regulations are loosening up

Things are loosening up in parts of Canada - Ontario has scrapped the lottery system for store locations and is allowing open applications (provided sufficient resources to run the store). Starting to here rumors of licensed consumption lounges in BC. And Cannabis NB (New Brunswick for non Canadians) is going private next year <---- they were tired of losing millions of dollars.

In Manitoba though, the regulations aren't loosening; they is getting that squeezing vice to operate

-an unenforceable no public consumption of edibles (only allowed on permissible private property
-public possession of Cannabis must be in the original, stamped sales container (public possession of joints not allowed unless in doob tube w/sales stamp)
-an extra social responsibility tax of 6%. Just because they can. And to, y'know pay for all the extra policing costs.

The premier of Manitoba (Brian Pallister) in the run up to legalization stated 'The day after legalization I think I'm taking my bike to work, don't want to take a chance with all those drivers' - as if people who had never smoked in their lives were all of a sudden going to line up and buy weed on day 1 (there were lines), smoke and drive.

I'm starting to think of Manitoba as the unwashed armpit of Canada.

Tom

(on the other hand, the medical scene re: permissiveness is getting better - got permission to vape in hospital and my weed consumption does NOT take me off a transplant list should I ever decide to go on one).

-public possession of Cannabis must be in the original, stamped sales container (public possession of joints not allowed unless in doob tube w/sales stamp)
This seems like basic drug laws to me.

We've never been able to have an open container here in the states, so it makes sense that we also need to have weed it's original packaging (child resistant), and we do. It's standard.

This seems like basic drug laws to me.

We've never been able to have an open container here in the states, so it makes sense that we also need to have weed it's original packaging (child resistant), and we do. It's standard.
Yeah, can't be walking around with a 40oz out in public unless you're on Bourbon Street in New Orleans pretty much. I remember cops would just sit around outside the stadium before games at my old college and arrest people walking around with beer cans for public intoxication. It's a fucking beer man...

In ON they just went after the black market dispensaries with concrete slabs

I'm assuming in MB the law against untaxed pot is an attempt to keep whitey from moseying on down to the reservation and bringing contraband home from chief tokealot that trudeaupia doesn't get a cut of

In ON they just went after the black market dispensaries with concrete slabs

I'm assuming in MB the law against untaxed pot is an attempt to keep whitey from moseying on down to the reservation and bringing contraband home from chief tokealot that trudeaupia doesn't get a cut of

Sort of. There are at least 2 urban reserves in Winnipeg, probably a few more within a year (Metis, I think). There are going to be pot shops in those places, and there is one LP (don't know the name) that received certification yesterday - on an urban reserve. The provincial government wants them to be legal stores (and thus all pot sold there would have the tax stamps). But - if an individual urban reserve wants to have a 'dispensary' on their land, they could probably get away with it. The city police wouldn't touch it, leaving only the RCMP for enforcement. And I don't think they would want to get involved.

I read about the concrete barriers 😀 Wasn't there one tenant who was blocked from entering/exiting his suite? I suppose it's possible they could do that but then there would be blocked rail lines or something (seen that before).

Tom

fuck, I just bought this pipe yesterday and it is already broke. well time to drink more rum and roll a joint

Sort of. There are at least 2 urban reserves in Winnipeg, probably a few more within a year (Metis, I think). There are going to be pot shops in those places, and there is one LP (don't know the name) that received certification yesterday - on an urban reserve. The provincial government wants them to be legal stores (and thus all pot sold there would have the tax stamps). But - if an individual urban reserve wants to have a 'dispensary' on their land, they could probably get away with it. The city police wouldn't touch it, leaving only the RCMP for enforcement. And I don't think they would want to get involved.

There are some dispensaries on reservations here that aren't part of the legal system but anyone can just go there and buy, they're far from the urban centres though so I don't think it's worth cops camping out on the fringes looking to pull over anyone for any made up drug offenses...

I read about the concrete barriers 😀 Wasn't there one tenant who was blocked from entering/exiting his suite? I suppose it's possible they could do that but then there would be blocked rail lines or something (seen that before).

Yeah, IIRC the city building inspectors had the concrete removed because of the safety issue...

fuck, I just bought this pipe yesterday and it is already broke. well time to drink more rum and roll a joint

Buy borosilicate (pyrex), the colours are mellower and it's more durable. I dropped my pyrex piece on concrete from elbow height and it just bounced!