• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social CD social V the future is here

I love national parks. Yosemite is one of if not my favorite I've been to. When our government shut down earlier this year, park rangers still showed up and got nothing for it. Respect for those guys.

I have this annoying head cold that is causing me to have trouble smoking or vaping and I just might break down and make edibles. It's been a minute since I've done them so maybe it's a good thing.
@papa is(was?) a big proponent of his homemade cannabutter. Easily spread on everything.

Do you vape flower or oil?

If oil, I've had many enjoyable experiences just eating it straight

I love national parks. Yosemite is one of if not my favorite I've been to. When our government shut down earlier this year, park rangers still showed up and got nothing for it. Respect for those guys.

I have this annoying head cold that is causing me to have trouble smoking or vaping and I just might break down and make edibles. It's been a minute since I've done them so maybe it's a good thing.

I figure you already know this but it should be edibles or nothing when you're sick (especially with a respiratory infection.)

Smoking and vaping with bronchitis might bring temporary relief to those not in the know, but it's for sure going to prolong (and possibly exacerbate) whatever health-related bullshit is going on in your body. Speaking from experience here-- last time I smoked with a cold it went from head cold to chest cold, to bronchitis, to walking pneumonia. Sure, I got better, I'm still alive and got high as fuck all throughout my illness, but it just wasn't worth it. That was over a year ago and I haven't stopped coughing up excess phlegm since, shit just hasn't been right. And in my case, cigarettes certainly don't help, either.

*Actually, it was some time around April or May this year. Still a long time to have something fucky goin' on with your lungs, though.

@papa is(was?) a big proponent of his homemade cannabutter. Easily spread on everything.

Is PapaSomni still around? Fuuuuck, dude, he was a regular when I was still lurking, back in the early '00's.

Last edited:
He's dealing with some pretty heavy cancer. Was supposed to take him a few years back (according to him) he's been in and out of treatment for at least twice as long as he was initially given.

He's dealing with some pretty heavy cancer. Was supposed to take him a few years back (according to him) he's been in and out of treatment for at least twice as long as he was initially given.

Well, that's a kick right to the nutsack, man... after watching pancreatic cancer consume a close friend of mine, I wouldn't wish the illness on my worst enemy. :cry:

Both flower and oil. But now that you mention it, oil is a lot easier to deal with for edibles.

I figure you already know this but it should be edibles or nothing when you're sick (especially with a respiratory infection.)

Smoking and vaping with bronchitis might bring temporary relief to those not in the know, but it's for sure going to prolong (and possibly exacerbate) whatever health-related bullshit is going on in your body. Speaking from experience here-- last time I smoked with a cold it went from head cold to chest cold, to bronchitis, to walking pneumonia. Sure, I got better, I'm still alive and got high as fuck all throughout my illness, but it just wasn't worth it. That was over a year ago and I haven't stopped coughing up excess phlegm since, shit just hasn't been right. And in my case, cigarettes certainly don't help, either.

*Actually, it was some time around April or May this year. Still a long time to have something fucky goin' on with your lungs, though.
I was hoping to sleep it off, but I think you are right...I'm committing by tonight to make an oral solution and just stop smoking/vaping for a while.

I've recently been making a super easy tincture for my partner using coconut oil, myrcene and CBD. He has been complaining about sleep and says he wants to try a small amount of THC to see if boost the sleep effects of the CBD and myrcene. I think I'll just make a new batch for the both of us ;)

I'm back on the THC train temporarily at least. Has been helping me consume needed calories when I have been losing wayyy too much weight. Helps with the gut pain as well.

In fact, think I'ma go break out some herb right now, toke up, and munch down.

Both flower and oil. But now that you mention it, oil is a lot easier to deal with for edibles.

I was hoping to sleep it off, but I think you are right...I'm committing by tonight to make an oral solution and just stop smoking/vaping for a while.

I've recently been making a super easy tincture for my partner using coconut oil, myrcene and CBD. He has been complaining about sleep and says he wants to try a small amount of THC to see if boost the sleep effects of the CBD and myrcene. I think I'll just make a new batch for the both of us ;)
Has he been finding it helpful?

I've notice full spectrum CBD helps me sleep. Wifey has been having difficulty even with CBD, have you found the myrcene to help significantly?

Has he been finding it helpful?

I've notice full spectrum CBD helps me sleep. Wifey has been having difficulty even with CBD, have you found the myrcene to help significantly?
Myrcene works ok, not too dissimilar to CBD ime. He often doses just with the coconut oil and myrcene by itself and says it helps for about 4 hours.

We are still experimenting with doses but the effects on sleep/calm are noticeable.

Hey BL. Haven't logged into my account for 4-5 years. So many things have changed in my life, I've been reading my old posts and it feels like I'm a totally different person today. I used to be a speed fiend, live hard play hard, over-stressed kind of person. Burning so many bridges I could hardly see what the future would hold. I feel a million times better now, in fact everything has fallen into place in my life, and I am so happy. Feels weird to go back in time and meet the old me. Thanks to cannabis and wine, I am now InvisibleEye 2.0. Cheers to all!

Just when I thought it couldn't get any stupider in Manitoba, this comes along

Changes to Manitoba's Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Control Act will make it illegal possess cannabis without federally-approved packaging, in an effort to crack down on illicit pot.

A $672 fine if you don't have that single gram in it's original packaging. It would also be illegal to legally buy weed, roll it into spliffs at home and then take these spliffs into public. So yeah, $672 fine for a single joint.

Tom

Last edited:
Hey BL. Haven't logged into my account for 4-5 years. So many things have changed in my life, I've been reading my old posts and it feels like I'm a totally different person today. I used to be a speed fiend, live hard play hard, over-stressed kind of person. Burning so many bridges I could hardly see what the future would hold. I feel a million times better now, in fact everything has fallen into place in my life, and I am so happy. Feels weird to go back in time and meet the old me. Thanks to cannabis and wine, I am now InvisibleEye 2.0. Cheers to all!

Welcome back.

I stopped smoking and vaping earlier this week and my health has gotten a lot better. I'm gonna keep running with it for now.

I decarbed some wax, but this time I just watched it until the bubbles stopped forming instead of a using a pre-determined amount of time. It seems like the visual indicator of the wax de-gassing has validity to it. I then mixed it in with some coconut oil, soaked it up with a tiny piece of bread and placed it under my tongue. 4-5 hours to peak. I forgot how subtle the come up on edibles is. Nice strong buzz all day long. I'll be making another batch...

w01fg4ng - you were right about prices eventually dropping eventually in Canada. I know that one city (mine, Winnipeg) might not be representative of the whole country, but we are starting to see some nice discounts in the theme of ’The 12 daze of Christmas’. Different classes of products going on sale each day and remaining until 12 days or stock is depleted.
In some cases, the prices approach the black market.

It seems as if most of the very, obscenely large Canadian LP’s have excess production capacity and less than stellar sales. And so in order to move product, price is lowering. I doubt these seasonal sales are permanent but they are a good indicator as to when future sales may occur.

However, the companies that are ‘rapidly’ having sales are companies that are licensed to grow, sell to patients and have retail stores.

it’s capitalism, sorta

Big caveat though; pretty much all of the legal products I’ve tried have been shit garbage.

Win some and lose some.TOM

shit garbage.
Have you ever had brick weed?

So my partner says he got the best sleep of his life after he took an extremely small oral THC dose coupled with a large CBD dose. Looks like he'll be getting his medical marijuana card soon. *crosses fingers*

And with blackmarket vapes that are literally killing people, if someone labels their weed "shit garbage", you better actually be talking about shit garbage.

I had brick weed once in 1988. It didn't look like any weed I'd seen at the time; it was a crumbly block w/seeds, stems, and dry. The guys we were going to buy from kept dropping the price/ Very harsh to smoke and quite paranoia inducing.

When I refer to legal Cdn weed as garbage I should specify overly dry and smells like lawn clippings or stale hay. I'm pretty sure the displeasure of having to pay 3-4 times as much for the legal product
kinda grates a little bit.

Tom

You can get overpriced weed anywhere. People don't always have the choice to buy something that won't kill them though.

“Why is there such a large black market for weed in a legal state?!”

Maybe because no one wants to pay 25 a G for shit weed when the guy next door can get better stuff for 15...

“So the solution is, raise taxes! 30 a G!!!”