• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

CCould N-dimethyltryptophan have similar effects with DMT?

5-MeO-DMT is very different from all I have read although I have taken DMT in low doses (and a decent dose is coming my way as soon as the 2 gallons of mimosa-muck yield their goodies to my boiling naptha:D) but not its methoxylated counterpart, save for in the form of virola (epena, yakee) snuff, which was too painful and unpleasant to concentrate much on the effects, its meant to be quite different.

A lot more potent by weight measures.

Bufotenine base had a lot of cardiac effects when insufflated at a dose of 10mg, chest felt tight, heart pounding, and a peculiar sort of wavy lines appeared in my visual field, interspersed with dots of color, waving in and out of vision and fleeting images in what I would guess would be termed my 'mind's eye'.

Bufotenine is very polar and there is debate about wether it crosses the BBB much, or at all, but it did seem to produce some central psychotropic effect when I tried it, my source, for reference, was a purified acid/base extraction of a few handfulls of yopo beans.

yopo also contain 5meodmt. IME insuffing 5meodmt was WAAYYY diff than smoked. Felt like my heart was gonna pop, had to lie down so i wouldnt pass out. Smoked contains none of these neg effects

I was using Cebil, Anadenanthera Colubrine, and Shulgin in TIHKAL says that despite detailed analysis, it wa shown to contain, in the seed matter, nothing but bufotenine.

Either way, the stuff dropped me to the floor after I insufflated 10mg of the base.

so what about adding fluorine to the two methyl groups of dmt?

old thread but I was just thinking this... the levo isomer of alpha-carboxyl DMT, since the levo isomer is the one that occurs naturally for all amino acids and their carboxyl groups are removed by the corresponding enzyme. I believe this would be the case for alpha-carboxyl DMT (N,N-Dimethyltryptophan) in an analogous fashion to plain old tryptophan or 5-hydroxyltryptophan being metabolized to serotonin. However I would take it a step beyond OP, the alpha-carboxyl group should be alkylated, I would personally go with an ethyl or isopropyl ester to increase lipophilicity. The ester would be rapidly broken apart of course, but I have a hunch that the increased lipophilicity would carry it across the BBB before then, and the subsequent decarboxylation to DMT would take place largely in the brain, which is the effect one would desire.

old thread but I was just thinking this... the levo isomer of alpha-carboxyl DMT, since the levo isomer is the one that occurs naturally for all amino acids and their carboxyl groups are removed by the corresponding enzyme. I believe this would be the case for alpha-carboxyl DMT (N,N-Dimethyltryptophan) in an analogous fashion to plain old tryptophan or 5-hydroxyltryptophan being metabolized to serotonin. However I would take it a step beyond OP, the alpha-carboxyl group should be alkylated, I would personally go with an ethyl or isopropyl ester to increase lipophilicity. The ester would be rapidly broken apart of course, but I have a hunch that the increased lipophilicity would carry it across the BBB before then, and the subsequent decarboxylation to DMT would take place largely in the brain, which is the effect one would desire.

Amino acid decarboxylases do not work on N-alkyl amino acids, so this would not work. The substrate has to be able to form an imine with the pyridoxal-5'-phosphate cofactor.