• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

cbd oil sae as grapefruit iteractons but stronger

Hezman94

Bluelighter
A quick google earch confirs this

but how much cbd does it tak to actiate this I take 20mg cbd in morning ten mg in afternoon and ten-twenty at night does do ar depending o how uch cbd i got how I feel

but sometimes I want them to interact for when im being naugty with certain ox.. wWHAT meds lol ad to know if i can take it before codeine and tramadol

Google is my enemy; it should be yours too (kidding).

Several of the medications I take do specifically mention to avoid consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice and it’s fairly easy to find peer reviewed, published articles on this. The specific mechanism is known - grapefruit/juice acts as a partial inhibitor of cytochrome p450 activity. Some of the prescribed meds I take get metabolized through Cyt P450. If I drink the juice or eat a grapefruit (and I love that shit with it’s bitter taste) those medication levels can rise unpredictably and perhaps dangerously (the drug won’t undergoe normal metabolism.

CBD is primarily metabolized through CYP3A4 enzyme system in the liver.

Here is a link

Grapefruit juice was found to inhibit CYP3A4 and a link to that

So there *may* be something there. Google doesn’t confirm anything; peer reviewed, published/preprint articles are better. I would ask a medical professional and even then unless they’ve had deep pharmacological training they’re just likely to refer to (at least) slightly outdated texts. A general physician/family doctor is probably useless to get a good answer. If possible, at least try to talk to a doc about your question and see what they say.

Good luck and am very curious what kind of answer you get.

Tom

20-30MG probably isn't enough to do anything noticeable. I would suggest looking into the bell shaped curve of CBD efficacy based on dose.