• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBC - Quebec's ban on growing cannabis at home unconstitutional, judge rules

Egzoset

Bluelighter
Salutations,

Once in a while i don't have to search for an english translation, so here it is:

CBC - Quebec's ban on growing cannabis at home unconstitutional, judge rules (2019-Sep-3)

It appears there are 2 articles which just got invalidated on the basis of constitutionality: e.g. criminal legislation belongs to federal jurisdiction, though nothing prevents François Legault from choosing to appeal or even fix the provincial ban to render it constitutional... In any case it's simply too late this year to start anything "bio".

Ref.:

C-5.3 - Cannabis Regulation Act
Art. 5
It is prohibited to possess a cannabis plant.
Art. 10
It is prohibited to cultivate cannabis for personal purposes.

Now how about CBD cannabis while other countries contemplate the idea of treating it like some "novel food" (read Frankenstein in the middle)...

IMO there's still a long "légaleeze" way to go before everyone is really free to grow their own "bio" that ain't THC-centric, which implies a liberty to select any seed we see fit!

:unsure:

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Yeah, it is so far from what we pictured as kids 20-30 years ago, hey.
I used to imagine it growing everywhere after legalization, instead the land is coated in red tape.
Selecting our own varieties and breeding them is part of the art.
Removing that is just a way to force the consumer onto poor government product.
And ingest whatever pesticides and adulterants they use along with it.

Quebec won a big one. I hope that the provincial government doesn’t appeal the ruling. Only Nunavut and Manitoba will prohibit Cannabis cultivation then. It would be nice to see the law in Manitoba amended before the federal election.

We’ve got a provincial election in 6 days and the Conservatives will likely get back in. I don’t see them allowing cultivation unless they get a minority government and even then it would only be because of pressure from the NDP and Liberals.....and it just won’t be a high priority item.

Tom

(congratulations Egzoset)

Salutations DrumTripper,
Salutations Thomas Davie,

...the land is coated in red tape.

That picture feels so deeply true, i can only add the word "shaming" inbetween! ?

Québec won a big one. Congratulations Egzoset...

Thanks, it's the intentional thought that counts most. ?

I hope that the provincial government doesn’t appeal the ruling.

I've got to wonder if François Legault even feels like spending any more public money on it; soon enough Trudeau shall be able to add a final joke to his future self-serving biographic collection, for example: Québekers were allowed to grow "legal" leaflets inside their home for the partial duration of a vegetative phase (...), then "Légaleezation" ended. So it's little more than a symbolic victory before the stormy haloween season begins!

It would be nice to see the law in Manitoba amended before the federal election.

It would certainy appear logic if something declared unconstitutional in one province could also call for similar conclusions in another.

Of course i did feel like i remembered about your probable Manitoban roots when i posted yesterday, though i wasn't sure i could actually wish anyone the same sinister farce as that which was reserved to my own instrumentalized province.

Trudeau planted a multitude of symbolic trophys along his path and i can't but conclude it's just one last addition to his political games. Conservatives ain't only going to get back locally i believe, and Justin never seemed as light-headed to me as they wanted some vulnerable voters to think he was... So our hope now resides in minority governments (once again!), federal & provincial, which says a lot about canuck failed democracy still awaiting a fix i'm afraid. M'well, at least there won't be a PM displaying an ostensive religious symbol on top of his head while speaking on behalf of all citizens in the people's house, although the idea of having Andrew Scheer sticking over there for many years hardly feels as a better prospect!

Please, please tell me where to go in order to be put in suspended animation until some libertarian or edonist party gains sufficient power, ideally after UN's socio-toxic treaties have been properly repudiated. ?

Good day, have fun!! ☮

It sure is...we're seen as the most libertine province but when the CAQ (new, right wing party made of ex-separatists) got in, but they made the minimum age 21 after it was already 18, and they almost reduced the 150g limit most provinces have to 15g, thankfully they realized that was retarded, also, when I bought from the SQDC, I saw my order was literally the 530k and something order. They're realizing they're making money off the stuff, they're supposed to be libertarian on the side and be super pro-business. May they go back to their third or fourth fringe party status that they always had as quickly as possible.

Salutations The_Real_Oblivion,

...we're seen as the most libertine province...

My guess is it's fair to assume nearly half of Québec has latine behavioral roots in North-America but when it comes to politics we're still stuck with minorities dictating laws for a majority, especially with some significant part of Montréal blindly voting "red" while the rest of us are traditionally divided, or as when the balance tilts after a rush of angry voters (i'm thinking of Jean Chrétien's sins, quickly forgotten)... Me too i thought the average population could be described as free-minded, besides an image of living-room TV hockey & beer connoisseurs, yet i remain convinced the Liberal legacy (and strategy) was mainly to please citizens of a metropole more concerned and sensitive about issues of even larger cosmopolitan cities elsewhere on canuck land than about the province's own "regions".

...the CAQ... ...minimum age 21...

IMO François Legault and his peers traded their political origins simply to serve an opportunist attraction towards power, while the Parti Québécois itself wasn't immune, especially under André Boisclair as i vaguely recall. The idea of raising Québec's "legal" cannabis consumption age emerged from those same "spe¢iali$ts"/"expert$" who ceased control at hotel Marriott/Mtl once the "science" of Trudeau was centered on "ADDICTION" via the Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine, actually based in Calgary/Alberta:

Joint Conference: ISAM and CSAM-SMCA XXVII Annual Meeting and Scientific Conference – Montréal (2016-Oct., 20 to 22)

This key event managed to import the worst international socio-toxic expertise imaginable from guests as Kevin Sabet and Nora Volkov, pretending to seek inspiration from Colorado... So, i believe the CAQ party was no more made of "informed" leaders back then than they are now, deeply (mis)guided by self-serving opportuni$ts as Didier Jutras-Aswad ("moderator" at the 2nd edition of that same event, also known to have worked for Pfizer and Insys Therapeutics, involved with fentanyl commerce and then CBD programs for opioïd treatment in the later instance)! As a matter of fact i couldn't but notice with apprehension the coming out of Jean-Sébastien Fallu denouncing the mediatic hysteria of Québec's medical doctors & psychiatrists. Which reminds me the guy is having a speech somewhere near Joliette just tomorrow:

L'action: Le Dr Jean-Sébastien Fallu fait le point sur la légalisation du cannabis (2019-Aug-26)

Honestly i wish i could verify if he's any less ambivalent than before!

YouTube - Mort tragique d'Athéna Gervais: Alain Gervais, Claude Béland et Jean-Sébastien Fallu à TLMEP (2018-Mar-11)
@18:22​

:unsure:

...I bought from the SQDC...

It took me a while before i walked into one of their stores and i can't say i was impressed after leaving the place. My intent was to evaluate a sample after specifically requesting Dry Herb with a THC:CBD ratio around 2:1, 3:1 or even 4:1... That's how i found out the SQdC are pushers of extreme genetic selections most like dishonest dealers were in days preceeding Justin's "Légaleezation" farce, except now we can get Full-CBD or 1:1 which both belong to the "medical" category as far as i'm concerned. Briefly put the THC-centric market focussed on a mercantile "fidelization" of individuals vulnerable to diverse marginal consumption disorders ain't gone way and there's worse: on top of dull aroma/taste resulting from sterilization (performed by ionizing rays emanating from radioactive cobalt-60, etc.) there are now 96+ pesticides to include in the big picture while Health Canada presently demonizes Harm Reduction alternatives after a long period of contemplative attidudes, in addition to industrial processing that even ends up with "Tumbled Weed" which effectively raises the trichome-to-substrate ratio (e.g. in a context of contaminated vegetal tissue).

...they're supposed to be libertarian on the side and be super pro-business...

With Bill G20 Blair and Hilary Geller at the commands i'm more inclined to argue there never been plans to set us free, much less install healthy economical dynamics. The one time i believed Trudeau was when he commented in December 2016 at the Toronto Star it's not meant to please recreational users and his body language left little doubt in my mind that VILIFICATION was the liberal's leading objective all along, so that the kids themselves might no longer think it's the safest option around, contrary to my own generation. Alternately, hiring conditions at the SQdC once suggested it was preferable to make no sale at all, if i'm not mistaking: lets simply remember it was a creation of Lucie "Nez Rouge" Charlebois who feared for her grand-children who might be tempted by raw cannabis stolen from some neighbour's gardens...

YouTube: Popular Légalisation du cannabis, la ministre Lucie Charlebois à Tout Le Monde En Parle SQC TLMEP (2017-Nov-1)
@ 11:35​

??

In any case, relatively to his obvious level of bigot "science" in these matters, i came to view François Legault as a carbon copy of Magaret Trudeau during the 2015 electoral campain...

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited: