• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Cave man therapy?

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
Hi all, the latest therapy is really the original therapy, get out living in the woods, we’re not meant to live in cities! Be natural! Living behind a screen is unnatural. How did we evolve to such insanity? Find a group that does this through your doctor or gp?

What are your experiences with this?

I used to be a boy scout, went on many hikes with my dad and went hunting several times - it was nice. The problem for me is the isolation. I tend to gravitate towards isolation as it is, so that's why I prefer living in the city.

I grew up in northern Canada so to see it called therapy by city people seems odd. Now I live in a city and most go north to escape but we don't call it therapy lol
Seems lately everything is a disorder and everything people have done for centuries is therapy

Funny you bring this up..

I’ve been into camping as more than recreational activity for a long time. I noticed it years ago when I saw just how well I could sleep, how great my energy was and how good the sex was when out in the woods.

I believe it comes from a few things...

1) Decreased light and electronical interference with our melatonin and circadian rhythm. Getting better sleep increases hormones and gives better energy.

2) Earthing. Research shows positive benefits for people who do this technique, simple as walking around or sitting barefoot on the ground for 30mins or more.

3) Research also shows that certain microbes living in the soil release something in the air which effects certain neurotransmitters, it’s been many years since viewing this research and would need to review it.

4) Lack of noise, lack of responsibility, stress seems to just vanish away from not having a bustling environment around you.

5) The color green can have lots of positive effects on mood and cognition.

6) If your like me you’ll forage some natural foods which often have increased or different nutrient profiles than we are used to..

I could go on and on...

It’s just another tool that should be added to people’s health routine.

-GC

Therapy? It's a way of life!

Also, yeah, it's quite good for your wellbeing for a host of reasons. Calmness, soothing for your psyche. Fresh air for your lungs.