• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc cathinone plus alpha blockers.

a5l6o5n2

Bluelighter
Hello fellow bluelighters. I was wondering what are the dangers regarding combining cathonine or one of its analogues with an alpha blocker, specifically Guanfacine). The reason I ask is that I take guanfacine daily (low doses, 0.5 and under) and tonight i got drunk and wrecklessly took alot of cathonine or one of its wierd analogues. My chest is slightly hurting and my heart rate is around 120. Now if it's just that I have taken too much cathinone then im not worried but i know that alpha blockers mix badly with some stimulants (like cocaine) and mix safetly with others like amphetamines.

I'm just worried that the combinantion of guanfacine plus cathinone puts extra stress on my heart and that I might have some sort of cardiological problem happening.

I also took 2 mgs of clonazepam to help me calm my heart rate, I have some guanfacine which I can take and which surely help me but I'm scared about combining them.

I'm sorry but im just haveing an anxiety attack and worried that my heart is gonna K.O soon. I'd appreciate fast responses. Sorry for my tl;dr post, im just tweaking and scared shitless. Love you fellow bluelighters and appreciate any help you can offer.

P.S, I also take cipralex/fluoxetine and I was also worried that I might be at a risk for seratonin syndrome.

:\

Link.

This is the only thing I can find, saying that theoretically there could be increased cardiovascular problems.

Just use clonazepam to calm down, as far as I know cathinone is unlikely to lead to serotonin syndrome as it is not a serotonin releaser, mainly a dopamine releaser.

Next time research drug interactions before you dose.

Thank you very much man! Been so terrified, like a bad anxiety attack. I have already taken 3mgs of clonazepam and still feel no relief:(. So u sure to keep the alpha blockers out for now? Btw the reason its hard to tell exactly which substance I have taken is because CAT analogues are legal in israel (mephedrone, 4-mar-cat, etc). I know it was a foolish mistake but i was shitfaced at the time. If for some reason any of u guys come to israel and want to do some random CAT analogues you can buy them in pills called "hagigat' (originated from the khat plant) in most corner stores. I really dont reccomend it though, worst comedown ever....

Really wanna take some alpha blockers to knock my heart rate/pressure down, waiting for insurance if its safe.

Thanks again.

P.S link requires pass/etc.

^ Weird, didn't require a pass before when I accessed it from google.

There isn't much out there on cathinones and beta blockers so I'd play it safe and not use them. If you really can't calm down and think you are in danger, seek medical advice rather then trying to solve it yourself.

He's talking specifically about an alpha-adrenergic agonist, not a beta-blocker. Theoretically, a non-selective adrenergic antagonist should be safe to combine with stimulants, but combining selective agents can be tricky and really shouldn't be done outside of a hospital setting. As a whole, the cathinone derivatives have strong adrenergic activities compared to various stimulants.

If you are habituated to your guanfacine, I would take your usual dose. Otherwise, I'd just stick with the clonazepam. Your pulse, while uncomfortably high, is nowhere near life-threatening territory.

ebola