• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cat in the neighborhood that's def neglected with a major facial infection...

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TooMuchEmpathy

I let it come in, half it's face looks like she had some kind of tumour she scratched away, because when I first saw her, she had large red "healing" skin all over that half of her face and almost no more eye. Now it's gone, the eye, it's all white and black disgusting infection and she's in misery, when I first noticed her around she still roared and was happy I fed her. But now it just lies down on a couch that's hardly used when she comes in, not reacting at all. I don't have the 80 dollars to have her put down ( I called many places and the cheapest is 80 dollars), I mean I have it, but I have my own cat to take care of. I got injection kits left from my younger days left, not too old, 2 years max, with bacteriostatic water, sterile cups and filters.

Could I put this cat out of its obvious misery (and it's infection stinks so bad I have to constantly put air refreshener in the room I let her rest the 12-48 hours she disappears. My bet is too poor owners who just are too poor to get it done themselves or prevent her from entering. I missed when she only had a kind of tumor on her mustache area, that she scratched to death and the results are here. Don't judge me, I'm thinking of doing an act of kindness. How much suboxone should I inject into her to insure a calm death, and not say a major respiratory failure right away. I can't stand to see the poor animal suffer and I can't let it continue like this. Obviously the cat was neglected and whatever previous health problem she had, the owners didn't do anything about it.

An act of mercy is all I want to do.

Thanks.

She's not your cat. How would you like it if some stranger did this to your cat or pet without telling you?

If you really care about her find the owners, and tell them to take her to the vet. Or take her yourself and get her help for the infection. Don't kill her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.