• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Carvedilol for stimulant anxiety?

hatrix

Bluelighter
I can't seem to find the answer to my question by searching..

I have 5 25mg carvedilol tablets. Carvedilol is a nonselective beta blocker, but it's also an alpha blocker. I know that taking only beta blockers with stimulants is dangerous because they lack any alpha blocking, but wouldn't carvedilol be safe for use with a stimulant to reduce anxiety since it blocks both b1, b2 and a1?

I want to make sure before attempting to use it with adderall. Also I'm not sure what dosage would be safe, in the case that I can use it.

EDIT: well I found some comments from people who use both in conjunction. Doesn't seem to be dangerous, but I'll wait until someone else chimes in.

EDIT 2: Found a study about carvedilol use with MDMA. Seems to be pretty safe, dosages were 125mg MDMA and 50mg carvedilol. The carvedilol significantly reduced the blood pressure response of the MDMA. Found here: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01270672

Last edited:
Update on carvedilol-adderall combo

Hatrix,

I am curious to know how the carvedilol has worked in combination with your adderall?

I have similar concerns about the safety of beta blockers while taking adderall. Not only are selective beta blockers dangerous in a case of amphetamine overdose, but some of them (like metoprolol and atenolol) increase the probability of developing diabetes in the longterm. Carvedilol, on the other hand, does not increase insulin resistance and, as you point out, is an alpha blocker as well as a beta blocker. Have you found it to be useful? What are the pros and cons?

I would be very interested in the details of your experience using this combination. Please advise.