• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Carisoprodol (Soma) ....thoughts & experiences ?

Dextro .45

Bluelighter
Greetings all,

I have been eyeing Carisoprodol (Soma) for quiet some time now...

I know all about the drug and it’s active metabolite, Meprobamate (Miltown). I have read a lot of reviews on Carisoprodol and I hear a lot of people getting the “Soma shuffle” lol, wtf is that? If you take too much you start to shake like a vibrator or something? How on earth can a barbiturate style muscle relaxant cause this?

If I purchase Carisoprodol I would be getting pure powder and not the pharmaceutical 250/350 mg tablets.

A lot of literature speak of the “Holy Trinity” (opioid / benzo / soma) being highly desirable amongst people, but as well contributes to the dangers of using such cocktails.

Another issue that causes me concern is a main side effects I read about is “rapid heart rate” ....again, wtf is that? how can a barb/benzo like muscle relaxant be causing a rapid heart rate & Soma shuffle?.

The standard dose of Carisoprodol is 250/350mg tablets, three(3) times a day... I would be getting pure powder and would probably dose 10mg....then 50mg hour later, 100mg, then another 100mg just to gauge my bodies response to it. After I was comfortable to it’s effects I would probably take 250mg Soma with 0.25mg Xanax and vape some potent Indica cannabis (I’d imagine this would be amazing relaxation.

So...for everyone with previous experience with Carisoprodol / Soma (alone or combined with other substances), what are your thoughts ?

Experiences....dangers.....recommendations....input....advice....etc

Last edited:
I once took multiple grams, smoked a shit ton of good weed, and couldn't move for hours.

First and foremost, carisoprodol works inconsistently and has a very hit or miss quality. There are days where it works almost too well and others where it seems as though the moon needs to be in the right phase, the stars needs to align and the wind needs to be blowing southwest at exactly 12mph for it to do anything of value. As far as I can tell, good hydration and adequate sleep seem to best influence how consistently it works.

There are two phases to carisoprodol. The carisoprodol phase followed by the meprobamate phase when the liver metabolizes it. During the time the carisoprodol is active there is a mild stimulating effect, similar to Kratom with a bit of body numbness, which is followed by a more sedating effect once metabolized. This happens pretty rapidly, maybe 1-1.5hrs after ingestion.

Onset of effect happens at about 15-20 mins. This can vary depending on whether you’ve eaten recently or not. I would advise taking it on an empty stomach with an acidic drink. Once effects are felt, eating a fatty snack can help it absorb better and potentially boost the effectiveness.

Regarding the “soma shuffle”, it’s pretty damn unpleasant. It happens when too much is taken at once and the body’s reflexes become shite. A heart rate increase can occur with this drug most often when taking doses in excess of 350mg within a short time frame.

I don’t really have any advice on combinations except that benzos can cancel out the effects depending on the time they’re taken relative to the soma. The “holy trinity” should be avoided for the sake of safety, and especially so in people naive (or nearly naive) to this drug or any one of the others included.

In your case, starting at 10mg isn’t going to give you a lot of insight into how it works because you probably won’t feel anything. There again, its worth it in the sense that you can never be too sure of what you’re actually buying nowadays. Overall, after testing your batch, 250mg with 0.25mg Xanax and a bowl is probably fine.

Are you sure the powder will be carisoprodol? Seems odd, I've never seen it sold in powder form.

If it's indeed carisoprodol then 10mg or even 50mg isn't going to do anything (maybe you want to test for allergies?). You need to take at least 125mg at once.

It is a strange drug, not very recreational or enjoyable in my experience I found its effects kind of unpleasant actually. The most notable thing about it for me was the fact that the body feeling was slightly reminiscent of some of the feelings you can get with the amanita muscaria mushroom, which I believe to be the soma of the vedas.

That raises a very interesting question for me, as how to this drug came to be called soma. Was the guy who named it also a user of amanita muscaria and noticed this obscure similarity? Because aside from this slight similarity in one area, the two substances are nothing alike and a relatively crappy pharmaceutical drug with limited recreational value is hardly worthy of the name "soma".

By itself I didn't find much value in it like most muscle relaxers. When used in combination with opioids it really shines. The holy trinity of Opioid/Benzo/Soma is talked about so much for a reason. When pills were flowing like water my friend group would take that together often. We always used oxycodone/Xanax/Soma. No idea how it mixes with other opioids and benzos.

When the doctors stopped handing out Oxycodone and Xanax so freely they eased up on Soma scripts too. I can't remember the last time I ran across someone that was scripted Soma. I don't ask people about their scripts anymore but when I was still using I know most people in my area that were scripted Soma were moved over to other muscle relaxers that are said to have less abuse potential.

I was wondering the same thing too.. I heard about the 'Holy Trinity' and was interested. I'm on methadone and Xanax and always have wondered what a Soma would do with this combo as this med is pretty rare in my country. I was going to buy a pack but didn't want to waste my money incase they were no good.

I got Xanax, Valium, Rivotril, Midazolam, Halcion so one of of these ought to work. I got morphine too as opiates go but my receptors are stuck with methadone so i may go with this option.

Is it worth ordering a tray of these Soma to try this Trininity?

Yes, it’s pure powder from a highly reputable vender who I have made many purchases prior.

Btw, the reason I would dose 10mg (allergy test) then an additional 50mg hour later, then 100mg, etc ....is to gauge my bodies reaction to this new substance I’ve never tried before. It’s a safety thing. Once I’m comfortable with how I react to certain doses, then I would dose to my liking

I’d imagine a single 350mg dose would be sufficient combined with 0.25mg Xanax and Indica cannabis.

I was wondering the same thing too.. I heard about the 'Holy Trinity' and was interested. I'm on methadone and Xanax and always have wondered what a Soma would do with this combo as this med is pretty rare in my country.

Is it worth ordering a tray of these Soma to try this Trininity?

It basically enhances the synergy between the benzo and opioid. It just bumps things up a little bit and makes you more sloppy and prone to nodding. I don't want to say it's overrated because it feels really good but Soma isn't something I would spend a lot of money on and was happy to do without. Soma is the only muscle relaxer that is really worth considering for this because all the other ones generally suck or have horrible side effects.

The Soma, like the benzo, basically allows you to go further with less opioids.

I’d imagine a single 350mg dose would be sufficient combined with 0.25mg Xanax and Indica cannabis.

Should work fine but don't expect anything amazing. I didn't find much value in it without the opioids. I don't want to give dosing guidelines because only you know your own tolerance but when I was doing this combo it was something like: 60mg of Oxycodone, 3mg of Xanax, 350-700mg of Soma. That was with my tolerance from daily use of opioids. I don't suggest anyone jumping into the deep end like that. I didn't have much tolerance to Xanax at the time but 3mg was the standard dose in my area. Almost everyone I knew taking Xanax for rec use started at 3mg and they were sold on the street with that in mind. If you bought 3 pills they cut you a little deal on them. I didn't know any better when I was introduced to them. Everyone would take 3mg and chase it with hard liquor.

years ago i took two or three of them mixed with my usual amount of benzos and beer. found it to enhance the feeling but not to the point where i ever sought it out or missed it (e.g. once i added benzos to opiates, opiates alone never again cut it for me).

In my experience it is nice, on its own, it is much better when combined with cannabis. I really need 2 350mg pills to feel anything. I have combined it with many substances, it enhances tramadol very well, I have taken it in combination with many things, including ketamine and I did not find it unpleasant, it is better than a benzo. But I recently had an overdose of soma, took too many and passed out sitting in the computer chair, if I had not been sitting maybe I would not be writing this, because I threw up my shirt and I did not realize, according to my mother I had seizures, I guess that was what they call "soma shuffle"

In my experience it is nice, on its own, it is much better when combined with cannabis.

Thinking back I don't think I ever attempted taking Soma without opioids. I can understand how it would be pleasant on its own. I think the "soma shuffle" refers more to the jello legs it gives you. Kind of like the robo-walk one gets from robotripping. That time in my life is hazy but I recall people I hung out with getting the shuffle from taking Soma alone (or so they said). For me Soma was one of those things that was available from the same sources as opioids. Most people I know always took it in combination with other drugs. If I ever run across it again I might try taking it by itself to see how much I like it by itself.

Way back when, the one time I tried Soma at a multiple gram dosage, it kicked in HARD in less than 10 minutes. It was extremely surprising.

For sure whenever I take them without tolerance for the first time in awhile I generally will use one gram. And it hits me in like ten mins with alerts like your saying the euphoria is just astounding. When I use to take it Poppy Tea it was one of the strongest highs of my life, I'm sure that is incredibly dangerous. With that combo I would just nod away the whole day in pleasure maybe redose Soma after 6 hours. The Nods from that were so strong it was incredibly addicting and my girl was happy as fuck when those pills were gone. It's best when you just use it occasionally tolerance develops fast and the euphoria fades and eventually they just make me feel sedated with daily use after awhile.

For sure whenever I take them without tolerance for the first time in awhile I generally will use one gram. And it hits me in like ten mins with alerts like your saying the euphoria is just astounding. When I use to take it Poppy Tea it was one of the strongest highs of my life, I'm sure that is incredibly dangerous. With that combo I would just nod away the whole day in pleasure maybe redose Soma after 6 hours. The Nods from that were so strong it was incredibly addicting and my girl was happy as fuck when those pills were gone. It's best when you just use it occasionally tolerance develops fast and the euphoria fades and eventually they just make me feel sedated with daily use after awhile.

Oh no, it wasn't alerts at ten minutes. It was full blown fucked-up-ness. I felt as fucked up as I'd be after 5-8 drinks.

I feel you I should reframe that to onset because I would for sure have alter reaction time really bad to drive with this one. And that is just obvious but I was on some reckless shit and crashed one of my cars like 3 times back in the day on this stuff. One time I took a couple and immediately went to drive to work and like you said before I even got there it kicked in and I backed into somebody car. I use to get alot of this and Tramadol pills back in the day Soma is a great drug. I've always wondered why their isnt any Mebromate analogs...

I’m gettin soma 350 mg pills first time I’m taking them. How much do you take and What are the effects do you get high off of them?

I haven't taken Soma in many years, but when I was a teenager, the neighbor kid's parents had hundreds of them and we went over there and snatched a fuck load of them. I ended up taking a handful of them being the dumbass drug fiend that I was and was reduced to a pile of jello. I had to crawl up the driveway just as my friend's mom got home from work. Needless to say, it was a very bad look and my mom was called to retrieve me. I literally couldn't stand, so don't try to dose heroically right off the bat. You'll have a bad time. Like Quaalude scene out of Wolf of Wall Street except your mental faculties will still be about you.