• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Carisoprodol (Soma) ....thoughts & experiences ?

Anyone know about Soma?

Do more research. Forums and social platforms are not made for outsourcing necessary personal research for drug consumption onto others. There's a baseline of personal research required to safely use substances, and asking others to describe the dosage and effects of a drug is waaaaay under that baseline. That's super easy mode when it comes to research.

Seriously. Don't ask questions of dosage and effects of well known drugs on social platforms, it's a waste of both your time and ours. The questions have been answered time and time again on forums, reddit, etc. and the info is out there on various websites and wikis, also.

Do more research. Forums and social platforms are not made for outsourcing necessary personal research for drug consumption onto others. There's a baseline of personal research required to safely use substances, and asking others to describe the dosage and effects of a drug is waaaaay under that baseline. That's super easy mode when it comes to research.

Seriously. Don't ask questions of dosage and effects of well known drugs on social platforms, it's a waste of both your time and ours. The questions have been answered time and time again on forums, reddit, etc. and the info is out there on various websites and wikis, also.
That being said, it feels like muscle relaxation and not much else. Take 1. :)

I thought this forum and forums like this are for safe drug use and the reason for them is to educate yourself reading them and asking questions, it’s not like I’m asking where to illegally buy them, I’m not, just want to know how the make you feel and a safe dosage, I’ve taken muscle relaxers that have done nothing for me so I’m trying Soma.

Sorry to say but you sound kind of rude, I see these same exact questions regarding other drugs all over this forum and no one has ever answered like you.

Don't waste your time answering my posts if they bother you.

Good day to you.

That being said, it feels like muscle relaxation and not much else. Take 1. :)
Thank you very much drewbocop. :)

I thought this forum and forums like this are for safe drug use and the reason for them is to educate yourself reading them and asking questions, it’s not like I’m asking where to illegally buy them, I’m not, just want to know how the make you feel and a safe dosage, I’ve taken muscle relaxers that have done nothing for me so I’m trying Soma.

Sorry to say but you sound kind of rude, I see these same exact questions regarding other drugs all over this forum and no one has ever answered like you.

Don't waste your time answering my posts if they bother you.

Good day to you.

They are for harm reduction. Harm reduction is not the same as enabling laziness and poor research about potentially harmful substance use.

Ever heard the phrase, "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."?

For maximum harm reduction, users need to be capable of researching drugs on their own, and formulating a basic, if not strong, profile of the drug(s) in question in their minds. Dosage and effects are maybe the most basic two aspects of a substance's overall profile. If users can't determine those two on their own, it's not a good situation.

It may come off like I'm being rude, even like I'm being an asshole. I understand that fully. And, this matters enough, and I care enough, to say something.

They are for harm reduction. Harm reduction is not the same as enabling laziness and poor research about potentially harmful substance use.

Ever heard the phrase, "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."?

For maximum harm reduction, users need to be capable of researching drugs on their own, and formulating a basic, if not strong, profile of the drug(s) in question in their minds. Dosage and effects are maybe the most basic two aspects of a substance's overall profile. If users can't determine those two on their own, it's not a good situation.

It may come off like I'm being rude, even like I'm being an asshole. I understand that fully. And, this matters enough, and I care enough, to say something.
Don’t quote or answer my posts anymore you’ve been put on ignore, I’ll keep civil as not to get banned.

Taking 4 350mg or was it 250 carisprodol is minimum recreational dosage for me, haven't had them in ten years. Used to call them "dandans" due to the pill imprint. Good stuff when it works.

Anyone tried straight mepromabate? I always felt like it was the metabolite that got me high

Taking 4 350mg or was it 250 carisprodol is minimum recreational dosage for me, haven't had them in ten years. Used to call them "dandans" due to the pill imprint. Good stuff when it works.

Anyone tried straight mepromabate? I always felt like it was the metabolite that got me high
Doctors had me in baclofen didn’t do squat, not even doubling the dose so now I’m going to try soma, thanks for the info buddy much appreciated!

I don't think I'm actually supposed to be recommending dosage tbh, but I used to eat around a gram to 1.5

I don't think I'm actually supposed to be recommending dosage tbh, but I used to eat around a gram to 1.5
I see people recommending dosages all over this forum for safe drug use, the guy I ignored was rude, if he didn’t want to talk about dosage then he shouldn’t cop an attitude and tell me what to do. So I blocked him.

If someone asks a question and I can answer it I will, I won’t tell someone to go do research, which I did before I asked the question, but I couldn’t find what I was looking for so I asked here.

Yeah I think the usual dose is around 1 gram or so, but its really hit or miss. Sometimes that will hit you like a ton of bricks, other times you'll feel nothing, even with no tolerance. I don't think anyone has ever figured out why

It's one of those drugs that affects some people considerably more than others, has to do with the way it's metabolized.
I wouldn't take more than 500mg on my very first time, I started with 250mg but 350-500mg should be good.
If you truly feel nothing after 1h or 1h30 you could take some more if needed (unless your stomach was really full).

In my experience it kicks-in fairly quickly, ~30-45min. It has an active metabolite (meprobamate) but carisoprodol is also active by itsef, it's thought to be stronger but shorter-acting than meprobamate.

Last edited:
It's one of those drugs that affects some people considerably more than others, has to do with the way it's metabolized.
I wouldn't take more than 500mg on my very first time, I started with 250mg but 350-500mg should be good.
If you truly feel nothing after 1h or 1h30 you could take some more if needed (unless your stomach was really full).

In my experience it kicks-in fairly quickly, ~30-45min. It has an active metabolite (meprobamate) but carisoprodol is also active by itsef, it's thought to be stronger but shorter-acting than meprobamate.
This is true. I've even had pretty big variances in how it affects me let alone how it affects other people. I would just start with one and work your way up. Because like I said, if you overshoot it by too much, you will be put out of commission. It's a muscle relaxer that actually works. (I'm looking at you methocarbamol, you useless shit.)

500mg should be a good starting point maybe a little less, but for those with tolerance (it raises so quickly) sometimes i do almost 2g but at that dose is very "relaxing"
baclofen have a weird effect on me gets mw groggy but i can't sleep and accompanied with extreme euphoria, on a big dose ofc.

Yeah I think the usual dose is around 1 gram or so, but its really hit or miss. Sometimes that will hit you like a ton of bricks, other times you'll feel nothing, even with no tolerance. I don't think anyone has ever figured out why
So I can try the 350mg first then increase the dosage, I really just want to use it as a muscle relaxer but want it to work, I’ve had baclofen it did nothing I even tripled the dose and still nothing, the only one that worked was zanaflex but I got that through a friend who had bad back aches and he gave me a couple.

So now I’m trying soma.

So I can try the 350mg first then increase the dosage, I really just want to use it as a muscle relaxer but want it to work, I’ve had baclofen it did nothing I even tripled the dose and still nothing, the only one that worked was zanaflex but I got that through a friend who had bad back aches and he gave me a couple.

So now I’m trying soma.
For muscle relaxation, Soma is light years ahead of something like baclofen. It's the shit.