• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

carfentanyl

Yeah, when people talk about organized crime we usually think about gangs/clans of people working together. I cannot really envisage that a single entity will be siting in his kitchen cooking up a batch of carfentanil. Although Marquard came close to it - he almost paid for that with his life, and in the end he did just that albeit through imprisonment.

For instance my half-Chinese cousin lives in NJ. He didn't even know what fentanyl was but was interested in telling me about pcp. It would appear that normal people dont have the time to care about anything as crazy as that.

The truth is alot of the time the research is done purely with the goal of publication. I know this first hand from people working on the synthesis of epibatidine. Carfentanil is a drug used in vetinary medicine. It is used to immobilize or otherwise knockout' large game animals found on Safari TV channels or the type of stuff you can see in a large zoo.

Last edited:
I am still curious to read the Newsweek articles entailing the fentanyl bust of George Marquardt, 'The Eagle'. If anybody knows where they are available on the web, please post.

The last (and first, admittedly) time I heard of Carfentanyl, I read that its main use is as the "tranquilizer" that they use in tranquilizer guns for big animals.

I am not sure as to the validity of this.

I have also heard of it being used on wolves. This stuff is definately wild. I have an updated version of its synthesis published in the Serbian Chemical Society as well as a procedure for making the 3-methyl analog of phenethyl-piperidone that uses MeI and BuLi. I'll try and dig it up off my old computer when I get a chance.

don't know if this is allowed, if not, mods feel free to delete.
carfentanil.gif

"For instance, carfentanil is approximately 4000 times as potent as heroin and has an extremely favorable therapeutic index [...]. Hence, an easy week's work for two chemists could provide 1 (one) kilogram of carfentanil which would be equivalent to four metric tons of pure heroin"

Donald A. Cooper (DEA) in "Future Synthetic Drugs of Abuse"

now you know, don't do it again: f&b

Last edited by a moderator:
the Serbian stuff also did not look that great. The stuff posted by C6H6 looks convincing but still tricky.

Last edited:
BlahBlah...

You thought I forgot about you? I do have it, just haven't put much effort into it. I promise to do it this week.

As for fentanyk analogs...There are now 17 illicit ones atop the licit ones like carfentanil. It is not top secret, and it is not used as a wepon without a subdermal carrier [as in the USSR]. That said, its incredibly short duration relegates it to the fringes of abuse potential. As for it being so pure that it is impossible to adulterate it...use a rotary evaporator.

For my money, I would go for 3-methyl or beta-hydroxy. Both have proven track records and 3-methyl is off of the parent 4 part scheme and just requires a little tuning. 2000 bucks [US] gets you roughly 20 kilos of adulterated material equal to 70% heroin hcl. Pretty nifty. Of course, like our hero Marquardt, adulteration is the key.

Fast: Very good about "pushing boundries."

Well...

Familiar with the German paper...I have a tuned scheme that offers increased yields. The 17 are my life's devotion and I am thoroughly familiar with all of them.

Yeah, Smyth, what's w/ all of the hostility?
As far as I'm concerned, as long as Rachamim18 has been a member of this board (at least the ones I've been around to see), he has divulged nothing but GREAT info on many different topics.
IMHO, he is one of the "special one's" who, 9 times out of 10, has good advice, and doesn't pull any punches (w/o downright insulting people- like some others on OD do...:\).

Keep up the great work, Rachamim18, we all appreciate it... :)

I wasn't attacking Rachamin18 as a person. Considering this is on internet I dont even regard anybody as real people. In fact what I posted here last night was after a few beers and the rap music I was listening to went to my head. I presume he meant a procedure that uses epoxystyrene as precursor PhCH(O)CH2. I just have it in a paper that this reaction was not all that and was calling his bluff on it. In addition to that 3-Me-F was the compound that almost killed Marquardt and ultimately led to his arrest. Hence something 6x stronger than fentanyl that is awkward to make also looks a bit 'iffy.

What's more important with these ultra-potent compounds is their therapeutic index, i.e. the ratio of lethal to analgesic dose. Some fentanyls are pretty good at that, sufentanil supposedly being the safest.

But one of best in this respect is not a fentanyl, it's a benzimidazole. The s.c. analgesic dose in the mouse is 1mug/kg, the i.v. LD50 in this species is 25mg/kg. This makes it 5000x as potent as morphine and it has a therapeutic index of 25000. This means that if 1mg are enough for a high, it takes 25g to kill (if you were a mouse). Considering that it's a racemate, it's reasonable to assume that one enantiomer would carry all the analgesic activity, so it would be 10000x as potent as morphine.

Last edited:
Was this the material that was used in the theater raid a few years back in Russia, where the SWAT guys sprayed the whole theater and killed hostages and hostage-takers alike? Was there ever an in-depth investigation into this event, because I never found a solid article on the event and I looked awhile back....

Do they actually know which fentanyl analogue was used in the Moscow theater seige? As far as I know, all that was ever determined about it was that it was an extremely potent opioid drug - the Russian special forces seem to be very secretive about what was actually used

Reply...

You are correct that there was a whole lot of speaculation. Still, I seem to remember indexing the affair and will look for my notes on it. I do believe that Jane's wrangled a confirmation. I will look...

Dunno if this is allowed, but I figure he could use some mail, wether you wanna just say hi or ask him the specifics;

George Marquardt
#40868-115
2600 South 2nd St.
Pekin, Illinois
USgAy

due for release in 2014... here comes daddy =D

reply...

Some of us already write to him but I am sure that other mail is always appreciated. Perhaps though, you might have asked him if he wanted his paticulars broadcast all over the world [i do not mean it in a mean way mind you]

I dont imagine he much cares, and not to be disrespectful to him as I clearly have as much respect for his work as you, but a criminals a criminal and when somones convicted their life is in the open regardless of wether they want it or not.

hes always been very open about what has happened to him anyways as im sure you know in his responses to your questions, what he did, and even toyed with authorities after his arrest.

lets not forget his infamous quotes to the judge, which I doubt helped in his sentencing, but shows his passion and dedication to the art/science/whatever you wanna call it.

I think he gets off talkin bout his love affair. Watchout if you get a sticky letter...