• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Career Change

sms143

Bluelighter
I have been at my current job as a registered nurse for almost 9 years and I'm getting burned out by being at the bedside honestly.
Kinda been thinking about a career change ...maybe pharmacy school?
Home health care?
I've tried travel nursing.
Kinda sick of 12 hour night shifts, and what is expected of me considering my patient load...it's hard to deliver the care patients deserve when I'm stretched so thin.

Pharmacy sounds incredibly boring lol. Maybe you could apply to a different hospital where you might have a more reasonable work load?

Pharmacy sounds incredibly boring lol. Maybe you could apply to a different hospital where you might have a more reasonable work load?

Kinda prefer boring over stressed now lol
And the salary change would be worth it ...but 5 or so more years of school ughhhh

Kinda prefer boring over stressed now lol
And the salary change would be worth it ...but 5 or so more years of school ughhhh
Yeah it’s definitely a ton of school :/ what about hospice care or something like that? That would be low stress as far as hustle and bustle but you would have to be able to watch people die slowly if that’s something you could handle. Just throwin our ideas.

My aunt does hospice care and she is really burned out. Some of her patients she grows to care about and then has to watch them die, and a number of others are senile and extremely hostile and scream "Fucking whore!!" at her and stuff like that, accuse her of stealing things, and so on. She's stressed out a lot of the time.