• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Capital punishment

I agree with you, Xorkoth. The Koran, and the Bible, taken out of context can be interpreted to mean the opposite of the intended lesson. On the subject of this thread, capital punishment...and please correct me if I'm wrong, as I am not Muslim...Koran 6:151 says: "Take not life, which God has made sacred, except by way of justice and law."

Except by way of justice ;)

There's your out. You decide that justice and law include vigilantism and mob rule and poof, you can do whatever you want.

Except by way of justice ;)

There's your out. You decide that justice and law include vigilantism and mob rule and poof, you can do whatever you want.
Again, taken out of context, the Koran, or any other religious text, can be interpreted to mean...whatever. But you're correct in saying there's your out. This is why we have so many different factions of the world's religions, each one preaching their own version of the same principle. Thus is life.

Again, taken out of context, the Koran, or any other religious text, can be interpreted to mean...whatever. But you're correct in saying there's your out. This is why we have so many different factions of the world's religions, each one preaching their own version of the same principle. Thus is life.

Yep.

Exodus 20 for those who have a religious view or some form of moral code in that sector

Hey.

Still not in a position to get involved. But I see there's been some interesting twists and turns so figured this random (and hilarious) Tweet from some person, that came from my Quora feed, was worth quoting here:

"The 1st Amendment, 1984, and The Bible gotta be top 3 most cited material by people who didn’t read them."

Could probably add some more "material"! 🤣

Surely that would include the constitution as a whole?

@JessFR @dalpat077 it only specifies the duties of the legislative judicial and executive branch of government. As u 2 are neither why bother?

it only specifies the duties of the legislative judicial and executive branch of government. As u 2 are neither why bother?

what an odd comment.

as a u.s. citizen, i'm directly affected by the actions of those branches. you don't think my fellow citizens and i have an interest?

alasdair

@alasdairm should've said none. Not an executive judiciary or legislator. It was meant as encouragement. I aint judgin'.

Last edited:
@dalpat077 it's good to stir up a swarm, it's what I like to do. It's part encouragement to want to run for office, and then maybe just words. You can always report a post, and then they'll put me in jail again. I know, not quite, but hey, take it with grain of salt.

@dalpat077 Questions are the asshole. Cops ask questions. I don't answer questions without an attorney present. This in reference to the question why bother? Really, they're just words to be taken at face value.

I'm libertarian. And yea, I've been to jail before. They deem me crazy, so they throw me in the hospital. I believe in the constitution and that capital punishment should be left up the states. that the war on drugs is messy. You get due process and your day in court. But that it's also being shit on by big government. Where it's verdict before trial. There's something bigger going on. I have a call. End the war on drugs and audit the fed.

Yea, that happened to me. got pulled over in connecticut by ny highway cops and they removed me from vechicle threw me on down on the side of the road, busted my glasses and face up. for violation of unconstitutional laws.

I take it that happened for no conceivable reason (that you know of)? 🤣

I was wondering this too. Not that I have much interest in defending the cops, but it's notable how many times when there's a story about the cops throwing someone on the ground and bring aggressive, there's a missing part of the story where the person called them a pig while spitting at them or something. :p

A looot of "woman arrested and handcuffed for not wearing a mask" stories here have, upon closer inspection, turned out to be "woman stopped for not wearing a mask, asked for ID so they could write a ticket, refused to give it, was then arrested and started fighting back, and then was handcuffed". Funny how it always winds up shortened to cut all that stuff out.

Not that the cops aren't sometimes 100% in the wrong too.

Well, check out my blog from saturday. It more detailed in my storybook. NY cops wanted me for talking to a girl too much while she was disinterested. So instead of pulling over in NY on the hudson river toll on I-84, I fled to connecticut because I feared for my life. When I got to CT, I pulled over and that's when they kneed me to the ground face first.

@JessFR I'm still one.

ANd if one of those 20 or so troopers that were chasing me got died while in the pursuit, they easily could've given me the death penalty. I've since shaken hands with the arresting officer and stood in front of judges.