• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tolerance Cannabis withdrawal

Branggen

Bluelighter
Ive smoked weed for 6ish years pretty much smoking morning to night, Im trying to stop now and I just end up sweating buckets all day long and have pretty bad anxiety, I read this should get better after a couple weeks but the past two nights Ive taken a couple hits of the vaporizer just to relax, after having fought the urge the whole day.

The question Ive got is do you guys think the nightly hits will set me back/prevent me from getting past some of these withdrawal symptoms? I sort of see it like a it of a taper at this point, taper worked for me for opiates so might not be a bad idea with weed right?

Salutations Branggen,

...trying to stop now...

Let me guess: it's reached the point where a same dosing increasingly lost its novelty effects while "diminishing-returns" grown into some unresolvable paradox, e.g. more does less.

...I just end up sweating...

My bad, sometimes i got to wonder. Mithridate, if i'm not mistaking was a king who feared being poisoned - and he did die of poisoning if i recall corretly enough, but he managed building some immunity out of tiny doses for a while. Which is how "mitrhidatism" became a coin expression. In any case maybe it's just a good idea to back off, even accept it's not for everybody. Especially if we consider the external factors playing major roles as well IMO. For example, as a hobby i value aroma/taste appreciation very much and prioritize doing "more with less" rather than seek the mythical/ultimate "buzz" that seems even more innaccessible with each successive try... So, there's no roller-coaster swings for me anymore and yet i find long-term comfort largely compensates for an old psychosomatic "cold nose" i once used to enjoy even before actually consuming, as my body was trained to react to smell as strong as from a vaporizer like the HerbalAire - which reminds me this is my 10th anniversary of vaporist initiation today. Already!

Anyway i'm ready to bet you've forgotten to mention "ADDICTION" besides "Withdrawal".

From my perspective i'd say a probable roller-coaster profile sends you right into abuse domain, in absence of self-awareness + responsible dosing, so to speak. Sure, go ahead with vilification if it feels appropriate but be prepared for some reality bill.

A change of consumption method might at least inspire you new ways to perpetuate the hobby - if you must.

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Let me guess: it's reached the point where a same dosing increasingly lost its novelty effects while "diminishing-returns" grown into some unresolvable paradox, e.g. more does less.

A change of consumption method might at least inspire you new ways to perpetuate the hobby - if you must.

Actually the OP has been smoking for 6 years and, for reasons not mentioned, is trying to quit. I'm pretty sure he understands what a tolerance is. I highly doubt that's the issue.

Just slowly cut down you usage. The sleep patterns do get fucked for a few weeks and you will be moody but you be ok

The question Ive got is do you guys think the nightly hits will set me back/prevent me from getting past some of these withdrawal symptoms? I sort of see it like a it of a taper at this point, taper worked for me for opiates so might not be a bad idea with weed right?
I can't see any reason why you should not taper off a cannabis tolerance, or why cannabis would be different than other substance in that regard. A toke to moderate peak withdrawal symptoms won't destroy all you progress you have made so far, it just stretches it out over a longer time period and gives the body more space to adjust more gradually, hence less severe symptoms.

I think the psychological side is more the thing to be aware of, the body just does it's thing more or less mechanical, but the mind is cunning to find ways to continue a formed habit. As long as you lower your intake, you will arrive where you want to go sooner or later, ..probably don't need to tell you that. ;)

Most things have a upside too, when you look for it. Give it a shot, perhaps it balances the situation out a little bit. When I quit, my dreamlife became outrageous for about two weeks, it was a-m-a-z-i-n-g 😲, I haven't experience anything like it before. But I woudn't deliberately go into withdrawal for this, you know what I mean?

Good luck, keep going..

Salutations Branggen,

My bad, sometimes i got to wonder. Mithridate, if i'm not mistaking was a king who feared being poisoned - and he did die of poisoning if i recall corretly enough, but he managed building some immunity out of tiny doses for a while. Which is how "mitrhidatism" became a coin expression. In any case maybe it's just a good idea to back off, even accept it's not for everybody. Especially if we consider the external factors playing major roles as well IMO. For example, as a hobby i value aroma/taste appreciation very much and prioritize doing "more with less" rather than seek the mythical/ultimate "buzz" that seems even more innaccessible with each successive try... So, there's no roller-coaster swings for me anymore and yet i find long-term comfort largely compensates for an old psychosomatic "cold nose" i once used to enjoy even before actually consuming, as my body was trained to react to smell as strong as from a vaporizer like the HerbalAire - which reminds me this is my 10th anniversary of vaporist initiation today. Already!

Anyway i'm ready to bet you've forgotten to mention "ADDICTION" besides "Withdrawal".

From my perspective i'd say a probable roller-coaster profile sends you right into abuse domain, in absence of self-awareness + responsible dosing, so to speak. Sure, go ahead with vilification if it feels appropriate but be prepared for some reality bill.

Good day, have fun!! ☮️
Yea I just smoked all day especially heavy after getting off the opiates and found that by mid day I felt absolute crap, not to mention I barely even got much of a buzz on the first hit of the day considering I was still somewhat high from the night before, like with all drugs when you are on them 24/7 they arent really "drugs' anymore in the sense that they no longer really 'alter' consciousness.

And yea the vape helps a ton, my lungs are filled with all kinda of junk now after hitting the bong so long, that nasty black stuff you can cough up is still being coughed up but I think that's temporary if I stop the all day bonging, just sort of cleaning themselves out at this point I think.

I actually stopped smoking for 3 weeks in October but got back into it for some reason, you know how it can be with drugs when you think you are okay to use them again and then off you are again to the races. Anyways thanks for the reply have a good one!

I can't see any reason why you should not taper off a cannabis tolerance, or why cannabis would be different than other substance in that regard. A toke to moderate peak withdrawal symptoms won't destroy all you progress you have made so far, it just stretches it out over a longer time period and gives the body more space to adjust more gradually, hence less severe symptoms.

I think the psychological side is more the thing to be aware of, the body just does it's thing more or less mechanical, but the mind is cunning to find ways to continue a formed habit. As long as you lower your intake, you will arrive where you want to go sooner or later, ..probably don't need to tell you that. ;)

Most things have a upside too, when you look for it. Give it a shot, perhaps it balances the situation out a little bit. When I quit, my dreamlife became outrageous for about two weeks, it was a-m-a-z-i-n-g 😲, I haven't experience anything like it before. But I woudn't deliberately go into withdrawal for this, you know what I mean?

Good luck, keep going..
Yea man you are totally right if you just keep at it you get there eventually, with most things in life really. And hell yea is their an upside I have way more energy (almost excessive) and although general anxiety is up when sober social anxiety is way down, I'm like a completely different much more confident person.

The dreams are awesome yea, I sort of know the taper is working because even though I smoked a tiny bit last night I still had a dream I remembered which doesnt happen when I'm doing the usual all day bake, gotta love dreams right!

Thank you and peace!

I'm also an everyday smoker (since ~2013) and have experienced night sweats and anxiety a few times in the past, along with pretty much every symptom you described. For me the worst symptom was the complete lack of appetite, I remember not being able to eat anything at all, like a complete aversion to food.

Nowadays I pretty much only smoke at night and I no longer get WD symptoms if I stop (except for the cravings), in fact I even sleep better without it.
I used to be an all-day smoker but it wasn't even that enjoyable TBH, it actually made me more anxious in retrospect, I don't think it's the right way to use weed recreationally... I much prefer waiting until the end of the day to get stoned.

...no longer really 'alter' consciousness.

So instant gratification as an incentive to consume is lost with its potential benefit(s).

...my lungs are filled with all kinda of junk...

Inhalation generally requires close examination i think, which doesn't make it any less essential, because of the quick fix actually. What remains to fix is the consumption method & associated ritual, plus all mis-guided 3rd-party remants of self-serving predatory interference. Rendez-vous to 2050 or '70 if we both live long enough i guess!... Just observe of the announced "Harm Reduction" transforms into a perpetual wall of shame for cannabis and its users around here. Notions as "consumption tool" and/or "vilification" seem to mean nothing as if this never existed somehow... When explaining how we systematically get "educated" to cannabis abuse i get an answer like the guy was initiated to it using concentrates instead! And of course while still providing ZERO information relevant to that consumption method i just focussed on. in other words that was supreme abuse if you ask me but even moderators seem to be in denial perpetually, so what can i add! It's reached a level where staff has a culture of forged character/reputation imports, direct from Fuck Combustion wars dating back to 2010. The year i created the 1 and only identity i've ever used in the virtual cannabic realm. Yet sic minds cultivating hate since then perpeture their own peculiar versions of "love".

🕊️

...stop the all day bonging...

That's magical/near-religious thinking IMO, but it won't hurt to try it, just deceive and distract from a more fundamental issue i think. Roller coaster fans always seek higher and deeper paths, never satisfied like most perfectionists in the end.

...when you think you are okay to use them again and then off you are again to the races.

M'well i can easily imagine the father of "feu" David Chiasson telling just that to his deceased son. An "ADDICTION" doctor/therapist with a long 40 years carrer in re-hab who played a major role in Trudeau's Halloween "science" gathering at hotel Marriott in 2016, organized from Calgary/Alberta but televised on national networks (in both official canuck languages) from Montréal/Québec. That same province where "bio" is practically criminalized while zero study covers massive/chronic exposure to soups of non-detectable Pest Control Products "traces" that made H.-C. officials complain about "chemophobics" just for asking.

In The Name of Children.

...I actually stopped smoking for 3 weeks...

It was a mistake NOT to grasp such a healthier opportunity, even vaporizers come with their fair load of problems anyway...

you know how it can be with drugs...

Yeah, there's 2 ends to that tube. Sometimes it helps to bring back some notion of proportionality when paying attention to the silent/invisible end. For example in toxic families where parents are mades predators by society, or worse: the public institutions themselves, lets only refer to social phenomenons as "Fix-my-Kid", "Kids-for-Cash" and "Narconon Trois-Rivières". It's all part of reality too and that's not originally programmed into the vegetal ARN of cannabis. nor the molecular structure of THC and its precursors, whatever, etc.

In retrospective, considering what's the place reserved to cannabis users happening to be smokers as well - TODAY (!), euh... Honestly i might react myself exactly like parents hearing about their son being a homosexual who prefers males organs in the '50s... Right now there's cannabic abuse practically in every corner, meanwhile we're literally bombarded with pro-alcoholic commercial adds day and night. So please when you find some healthier environment where to get re-acquainted with dame cannabis on some healthier basis then « il n'y aura plus de misère, et nous seront tous morts... Mon frère! »

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

I like to use CBD when I quit or take a break. CBG is more recreational imo but can also be used during withdrawal. Cutting down everyday use can make the jump off a lot easier.

Cannabis withdrawal is a lot more common than a lot of people think. Just because you quit heroin doesn't mean weed addiction isn't real.

71WXz7XrINL.jpg