Cannabis springs up all over German town after campaigners plant thousands of seeds

Good for them, more oxygen for me, more thc/free weed for them.

Win-win if you ask me...

I would like to thank them personally.

I bet you they are going to be chopped down with taxpayer money.

"Officers have been told to be vigilant and destroy any plants they see.”

Edit: Spoke too soon...

article-2372554-1AEADFAC000005DC-172_634x672.jpg

Daily Mail

Cannabis plants are sprouting up all over a German town after pro-marijuana supporters planted tens of thousands of seeds last month.

Supporters of the group A Few Autonomous Flower Children spread several kilograms of seeds around the university town of Gottingen last month.

They say they are protesting its 'demonisation' in Germany's 'restrictive drug laws'.

Scores of the plants have sprouted all over the town this week to the fury of the local police and council.

A website shows dozens of photos of the cannabis plants blooming in public parks, allotments, gardens and window boxes all over town - with some even growing outside the local police station.

Police have been ripping out the illegal plants on sight but the sheer number of blossoming plants became noticeable in the past week.

A police spokesman said 70 plants had been removed so far - including the ones outside the police station - adding: 'Everything that looks like cannabis is torn out.'

She confirmed that officers were expecting to see a huge rise in the number of cannabis plants in public areas, adding: 'Officers have been told to be vigilant and destroy any plants they see.'

A spokesman for A Few Autonomous Flower Children said: 'We can't set eyes on this useful and beautiful plant because it's absolutely forbidden in Germany to grow it.'

She added: 'This action is a big deal - people (from A Few Autonomous Flower Children) really put effort into it.'

Local Marcus Baum said: 'The cannabis plants are sprouting up everywhere.

'They removed the ones from the police station very quickly, but the plants are coming up in parks and gardens everywhere.

'Some are even growing in window boxes.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-protest-demonisation-drug.html#ixzz2ZnlE4mOV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I love this story; hopefully it will inspire many more people to go Johnny Appleseeding their towns!

Read more said:
A spokesman for A Few Autonomous Flower Children said: 'We can't set eyes on this useful and beautiful plant because it's absolutely forbidden in Germany to grow it.'

It really is a beautiful plant, and I think it's a great thing more people will finally get to see (and smell) it :)

Great execution, everyone everywhere should start doing this. We'll see how the public reacts after the first few weeks of police resources being dedicated to weed pulling

couldn't this cause issues with cross pollination? or if a male plant is grown and all of the sudden u get seedy weed all over the place? it's a great political action but i'm not sure if it would cause any issues with regular outdoor weed growers and their usually high quality crops.

Lol. Many years ago I worked as a pizza delivery & I would pick out the seeds as I was smoking & put them in my bottom lip. Anytime I would walk past a flower pot I would either spit one in or push it into the soil depending if there were any people around. Usually they were right by the front door & I doubt anyone would put it together that the guy who delivered pizza a week ago put it there. Several times I would deliver weeks later & would see them growing nicely.

Me and my friends were doing this all around town a few years ago, including in front of the local police station where a cop spotted planting seeds. Though we only used industrial hemp so all they could do was tell us to fuck off :D

Ten years ago, I was traveling in a little town in SW China and got a large bag of seeds for eating. It was really a lot of trouble to eat them, since they weren't shelled, so I spread them everywhere :) I wonder what that town looks like now.

^If you live somewhere that it is legal to buy seeds why not stock up just in case.

Makes me wish I had a few kg of seeds to spread around the place. I'm surprised more of them weren't pulled up by gardeners/council workers thinking they were weeds or fearing legal implications. Obviously there is some level of public knowledge and support there. Overgrow indeed.

drscience;11710523 said:
Overgrow.com was awesome.

I wasn't familiar with them, but checking the URL now I see:

Notice:The web site you are trying to access has been confiscated by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. As a result of a criminal investigation, the authors of this site were convicted for conspiracy to import and export cannabis seeds, possession of property obtained by crime and for counselling the production of cannabis.

So teaching someone how to grow weed is a crime in Canada?

23536;11710567 said:
I wasn't familiar with them, but checking the URL now I see:

So teaching someone how to grow weed is a crime in Canada?

We have a law from the 50's banning "crime comics" that police have tried to use against pot magazines. Its a law they use when they can't find anything to charge you with. They are trying to use it again against the guy who posted the Magnotta decapitation video.
That warning is really from the RCMP they really busted overgrow, seized the server etc. I never heard of any busts of users of the site though and there were people who grew fields of weed on there. If they hadn't sold seeds and just been a strain database and message board it would have been the greatest weed site on the internet. Due to greed all that great information is gone.

everybody should sow in public places seed industal and banned they will not know which are which but all they are not able to destroy. each sower would know which herb is the right.
exellent action.

my3rdeye;11711567 said:
If they hadn't sold seeds and just been a strain database and message board it would have been the greatest weed site on the internet. Due to the drug war all that great information is gone.

Fixed.