• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Cannabis in ancient Rome & Greece

it was well known all the ancient greeks smoked up heaps of cannabis and did psychedelics. geometry was invented by a dude tripping on ergot

controversial but interesting... I post this here since it would maybe give new meaning to ancient philosophy?

Did you ever read the Jesus was a mushroom literature written after the dead sea scrolls were discovered and, to me, properly interpreted.

They were doing all kinds of psychotropic drugs back then.

The same went on all over the world, basically.

Regards
DL

Did you ever read the Jesus was a mushroom literature written after the dead sea scrolls were discovered and, to me, properly interpreted.

They were doing all kinds of psychotropic drugs back then.

The same went on all over the world, basically.

Regards
DL
hmm, not sure, but I've definitely heard the theory that christianity, christmas, all that shit is based around a cult of mushroom eaters. Fun story but not sure how much truth there is to that.

But there are some very striking similarities between Christmas tradition and Amanita Muscaria mushrooms... odd... but a bit hard to believe

hmm, not sure, but I've definitely heard the theory that christianity, christmas, all that shit is based around a cult of mushroom eaters. Fun story but not sure how much truth there is to that.

But there are some very striking similarities between Christmas tradition and Amanita Muscaria mushrooms... odd... but a bit hard to believe
Think of today. How many psychotropics go unused?

I see no reason to think that in the ancient times, a good high would be ignored.

Regards
DL

Think of today. How many psychotropics go unused?

I see no reason to think that in the ancient times, a good high would be ignored.

Regards
DL
Yeah, if anything they were much more explorative with plants than we are, they just didn't have science yet

Yeah, if anything they were much more explorative with plants than we are, they just didn't have science yet

I cannot agree with your last because of the medical science of those days as well as metallurgy, astrology and all the other things they were studying and using to get the cash from their supporters.

Check out some ancient religious science and why the con men loved it.

Ancient Discoveries Machines of the Gods 1 5 - video Dailymotion

Regards
DL

Psychedelics have been used since the cave man days so it is safe to assume that a fair amount of people were indulging in psychoactive substances such as cannabis and other drugs and expanding their consciousness to set the stage for the next phase of evolution for the following centuries.

Religions are byproducts of psychedelic drug experiences among a collective group of people who yearned for a true connection with god and the afterlife. The feeble interpretation of it today is just a result of damaged brain cells throughout the generations and spoiled children who seek to destroy humanity and the mental capabilities that humanity can produce and destroy everything our ancestors worked for and try to make it seem like it was all imaginary.

You will not see tons of literature regarding those types of substances in the early days because even then it was taboo and you can become crucified for indulging. They will use the word wine as a substitute for psychedelic because wine is the exceptional social protocol and psychedelics were not. Only in ancient societies that were engulfed in natural environments accepted these things socially and still do today. But the recording of information through written account was mostly given to the privileged European demographic who took power over the Egyptians who had the real knowledge.

A lot of vital information about our civilization was erased from history due to its controversial nature that small minded spoiled people were very angry and fearful about. They just happened to be ones in power to do that. The history we know is a lie and is at most 10% of what actually happened. Christianity was formed out of psychedelic experiences but was turned into a brainwash by selfish people in power who were able to decide what goes in the Bible and what doesn’t. And they just happen to leave out the fact that psychedelic drugs is what inspired most of it. The blood of Jesus is ayahuasca in its purest form. The disciples had to speak in code in order to avoid Roman persecution. If you asked how many people have seen Jesus while on mushrooms then you will have your answer. The disciples were not drinking wine or Jesus actual blood but were indulging in a connection to the divine through psychoactive medicines that were condemned by Roman authority. Moses and the burning bush, the road to Damascus, and pretty much the whole book of revelation is a psychedelic encounter.

The reason that these stories are so trans generational and have so much importance and charisma is because the vibration in which the actual stories took place were on such a high frequency of thought and energy that it permeated throughout many dimensions that weren’t just the physical. That is proof that it was a result of higher states of consciousness. Not always psychedelic but many are. It is the same method that is passed down from our cave man ancestors when they would create images of aliens and half man half animal hybrids from Atlantis.

So in conclusion, even though there might not be any physical evidence passed down from a spoiled civilization of power hungry sociopaths, there is still the larger world outside of that civilization that is more in touch with nature and the true essence of god and spirituality and it is where psychedelic experiences have thrived since the beginning of time through the rise and fall of countless civilizations that were considered “advanced”.

Looking around the world today, there are people doing mind altering things all the time, for so many different kinds of reasons. Private journeys, cultural initiations; just being fucked up and lost, wandering; parties and fun; spiritual purposes; religious purposes; etc etc. Even this morning, walking down my street there was some strung out guy screaming at nothing, looked high as fuck his eyes were so red.

Humans have always messed with this stuff and it has taken them down paths that lead all over the place. Even something as shitty as alcohol has been around since the first humans ate fermenting fruit off the ground. In bigger civilizations like Rome, it has probably always been controversial too, because you're dealing with substances that upset established personal and societal structures, even if temporarily. Look at the views people have today... I'm sure those varied views existed back then too. Rome was huge and their citizenship expanded to include many pluralities.

Humanity has not changed all that much since Rome, or at least the western world hasn't.