Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cannabis and Driving!

Special-T.B.K

Bluelighter
Just something Interesting that I have found on the internet on the point of smoking cannabis and driving while being stoned. Even the experts say that it's not that bad. I however disagree, but it als depends on how stoned you are before you go getting behind the wheel.

Cannabis and Driving, Experts P.O.V

Have a read and see what you think. I have to say I would much rather people being stoned on the road than people being drunk on the road!

SpecTBK=D

I drove heaps of times stoned while doing my learners =D .
I didn't drive too bad but having mum in the car while I was stoned wasn't so great.

How about for interest of safety and HARM MINIMISATION no one drives unless they're sober...

I smoke weed every day and I find it harder to drive without smoking. I get angry and sweat heaps if I dont smoke b4 driving. Going 100 km/h while stoned dosent feel as fast as when I'm straight.

Special-T.B.K said:
Have a read and see what you think. I have to say I would much rather people being stoned on the road than people being drunk on the road!

I'd rather sober people on the road :|

^^ same..

I know when I've driven a few times a bit stoned, I KNEW that I was having to try harder to concentrate and that i was getting stuck in those usual pot-thought-loops that make 'new danger perception' (ie sudden events - my pseudo-scientific term) take longer to notice.

No more stoned driving for me.

I'd strongly advise against it. I had one cone, then drove around the corner to the pub to dinner, ended up having a massive multicar accident and injuring my best friend, all because i didnt judge the lights properly. I'll never forgive myself for it and it still haunts me, so please learn from my mistake and dont smoke and drive. Your safer drink driving than being smashed. (and thats not a good thing)

I dirve while stoned all the time and find I'm not bad at it but i'd say it's a differnet case for cookies some times I find myself too stoned to drive on them but I do know the fact that I'm too stoned and wait a while not like alcohol

Im strongly against drink driving but i drive stoned all the time.

I lost 11 points in 1 year, started smoking weed again everyday and woola no more driving fines :p. I drive very carefully when im stoned...i usually try to perfect it actually for some reason...but yeah im very cautious when im stoned and im never erratic..

I get pulled over and my eyes are always red as fuck but cops do nothing because I drive a Commodore that looks half decent and im driving pretty damn sensible...

EAZY-PING said:
I smoke weed every day and I find it harder to drive without smoking. I get angry and sweat heaps if I dont smoke b4 driving. Going 100 km/h while stoned dosent feel as fast as when I'm straight.

Do you think by any chance that the way the drug alters your perception of speed, may also have an impact on your reaction times?!?

I think it's all relative, of course if you smoke two fat ones then get behind the wheel you're gonna be impaired. Being stoned won't stop me from driving, unless I am more high than I'm used to being - I know when I'm too stoned to drive. When I'm stoned I'm a lot more careful and cautious, and almost consistently drive about 10kph slower than usual.. also, I try really hard to get the perfect line, and always be dead centre in the lane, basically be very smooth and safe.. kinda funny (in a bad way) since I'm not as concerned with these little things when I'm driving straight.

I would never drive drunk though.

I have driven stoned alot, including Long journeys... I have driven 800km stoned and I had no problems I have never had any close calls and I have never came near to crashing...

But it also depends on how stoned you are, like one night I underestimated how good some Bush was, so I was too stoned in my opinion so I pulled over and chilled out for half an hour, within that time I was feeling better and continued on my journey.

I have never drank and drove, the difference being, when your drunk you have NO JUDGEMENT and you DONT know what you're doing. Whereas when your stoned, you know what your doing and although impaired you can compensate for it! Anyway anyone to their own!

SpecTBK=D

rockillusion said:
I'd strongly advise against it. I had one cone, then drove around the corner to the pub to dinner, ended up having a massive multicar accident and injuring my best friend, all because i didnt judge the lights properly. I'll never forgive myself for it and it still haunts me, so please learn from my mistake and dont smoke and drive. Your safer drink driving than being smashed. (and thats not a good thing)

Thats a bad situation Rockillusion, I hope everything panned out okay; however, I think saying that drink driving is safer is kind of extreme. Weed and booze are both CNS depressants, but from my experience (and I'm sure many of you will agree) alchohol definitely exhibits more physical symptons then dope- Imean its rare that you slur your words, can't walk straight or have double vision from weed. I'm not advocating 'smoke-driving', I just think that it is miles safer then drink driving. What is miles safer then both is being sober and straight when your on the road of course. I've driven drunk quite a few times (not in the recent 6-8 months and I don't plan to do it anymore) and stoned many times and, comparatively speaking, driving was a lot easier stoned.

also alchahol builds confidence so after drinking your liek yeh i can do this no worries but when ur stoned u can get anxiety and ur like oh no im ognna crash better drive slower