• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis and Anxiety/Paranoia

bicomp

Greenlighter
MJ is legal in my state so there is an ability to experiment with a little bit more freedom.

I've taken Xanax and/or Ambien to help with relaxation, anxiety, and sleep for years.

I'd love to not to have to rely on these drugs forever.

So logically, why not try the legal marijuana?

Smoking pot the traditional route does nothing for me. I don't get high. Never have.
So I tried an edible. And I got high... and incredibly anxious and paranoid.
Tried half, and then 3/4 of an edible... nothing.
Another edible.... high, anxious, paranoid.

So I thought I'd try vaping. I tried an indica as I was told those were more "relaxing"
Same result... high, anxious paranoid. Afterward I looked at the concentration which was THC 478.8mg and CBD 1.8mg

This has been my experience with MJ so far. Should I just give up? Or is there something I can do to find a straight/combination of THC to CBD/method of ingestion that can help me feel less anxious, more sleepy, and relaxed?

Based on your experience I'd probably recommend finding a 1:1 THC:CBD product (one-to-one THC-to-CBD), the product you have right now is a lot more psychoactive. The CBD really helps with anxiety and once you get build a bit of a tolerance you might find stronger products more enjoyable.

If you can go to a dispensary they will definitely know what you are asking for.

Based on your experience I'd probably recommend finding a 1:1 THC:CBD product (one-to-one THC-to-CBD), the product you have right now is a lot more psychoactive. The CBD really helps with anxiety and once you get build a bit of a tolerance you might find stronger products more enjoyable.

If you can go to a dispensary they will definitely know what you are asking for.

How does this sound?

1to1 Blend RUBI 500mg Pod

HYBRID

• THC 237mg
  • CBD 238.2mg

Also, if anyone thinks its just best to stop trying for a pleasant pot experience, I will, I would just prefer to have one!

That sounds perfect. The CBD should really relax you. Without THC you won't really feel anything, but if the THC is much higher than it can be overwhelming.

A lot of people find cannabis to be quite anxiety inducing, so your experience is really not unusual. Without having any statistics to back it up - not sure if any studies have actually been done on this, or how they would even be done - I'd say it's a 50/50 shot at best whether any one individual will find cannabis to be anxiogenic or anxiolytic. Even for those who do find it to be anxiety reducing it's typically not going to be anywhere close to the kind of anxiety reduction induced by strong GABA-ergics like Xanax or Ambien... so personally I would say if you're looking for a replacement for these drugs, you're looking in the wrong place.

By all means, have another go with a higher CBD strain - it's still worth a shot because the consequences of smoking too much weed (at least, for the vast majority) are unarguably far less severe than the consequences of heavy use of GABAergics. Some people do claim to be able to feel CBD alone, even without THC, although even if you do, again it's going to be nowhere close to a benzo or z-drug. But if you still find yourself feeling anxious and paranoid I would not be too surprised.

A lot of people find cannabis to be quite anxiety inducing, so your experience is really not unusual. Without having any statistics to back it up - not sure if any studies have actually been done on this, or how they would even be done - I'd say it's a 50/50 shot at best whether any one individual will find cannabis to be anxiogenic or anxiolytic. Even for those who do find it to be anxiety reducing it's typically not going to be anywhere close to the kind of anxiety reduction induced by strong GABA-ergics like Xanax or Ambien... so personally I would say if you're looking for a replacement for these drugs, you're looking in the wrong place.

By all means, have another go with a higher CBD strain - it's still worth a shot because the consequences of smoking too much weed (at least, for the vast majority) are unarguably far less severe than the consequences of heavy use of GABAergics. Some people do claim to be able to feel CBD alone, even without THC, although even if you do, again it's going to be nowhere close to a benzo or z-drug. But if you still find yourself feeling anxious and paranoid I would not be too surprised.
Thanks all for the responses.
I am not expecting miracles... even if it just helps to cut back a little on the sleep aids/anxiolytics I will be happy.

I swear the weed nowadays is a lot more racey thoughts than slightly dark psychedelic sometimes i get the real good stuff but the stardog is sopposed to be one of the best my guy never shuts up about it but its just to much damndamn thc or whatever makes you paranoid it smells potent but not the potent that is nice thw kind that makes my.chops feel weird from the strong smelling sensation most dealers know fuck all about indicas or sativas

I know this is an older thread but some make me more anxious and some more chill. Seems everything's a gamble these days. lol
That's the fun of it all... never stagnant. :)

So I tried the 1:1.
Good news first: Less anxiety and paranoia for sure. Brain stays sharp.
Bad/indifferent news: I'm not sure I'm feeling much at all, in terms of tranquility, "high", anxiety reduction. Sleep seems a little more balanced which is good.
Fortunately the local dispensary has an ever changing menu and I'm sure I can experiment a little more. With various concentrations and balances.

CBD ruins the THC high for me. It's not a "high" anymore, it's just intoxication. It has TONS of medical value but no recreational value, for me at least.

30% thc 15%cbd is perfect for an anxiety sufferer as i too am.

15% thc 15% cbd will not get me high

and even 15% rhc 0% cbd will send me in anxiety mode. i believe its a phsyical/neurological reaction and not a mental one.

Like I tell everybody, if you start getting anxious and paranoid and having so-called bad trips from smoking weed, it is time to stop, it is going to be very hard for you to find anything you agree with, I am the same way and I have tried High CBD strains, edibles, vapes and I still get pretty much the same paranoid, anxious and overthinking effects, I gave it up and never looked back...

Like I tell everybody, if you start getting anxious and paranoid and having so-called bad trips from smoking weed, it is time to stop, it is going to be very hard for you to find anything you agree with, I am the same way and I have tried High CBD strains, edibles, vapes and I still get pretty much the same paranoid, anxious and overthinking effects, I gave it up and never looked back...
Unfortunately I think this is where I am. It's not fun. Doesn't help me sleep. Doesn't make me less anxious. That's okay, more for people who enjoy it.

I have kind of gone through a similar stage for the first time in my life, but am slowly coming back to it. I never fully stopped, but have easily dropped my consumption by 50%. I only need like 1 bowl to feel high again and more than 2 bowls I get uncomfortable.

Never have I experienced this before, but I don't think it's a bad thing. I still enjoy a little cannabis and I've saved more money than I have in my life. Like 3 months of cut back smoking and I have more in my bank account than I ever have (it's not much), but now I buy a video game or go out instead of buying more weed and I've enjoyed it.

I don't think I will ever fully stop just because of how much I love cannabis, like all my interests with cannabis remain, but my consumption is in control now.

I think the most medicated I ever felt was after smoking pot a lot for a long time like a few months. After all of the strong THC highs I eventually reached a point where the weed just made me feel relaxed. I think in a way its like frying your brain with tch enough times to become immune to the anxiety it can cause.

Put less in your joints and take your time more I've found that the actual high doesn't come on for atleast 10 minutes after smoking

I am op, sorry for necrobump.

I have tried a variety of 1:1 products. It seems like my options are crisis level anxiety/paranoid (high thc), paranoia (THC/CBD 1:1), and nothing.

So perhaps my OCD brain can't do Pot. It's too bad, too.

15382 According to an article on Leafly, small doses of CBD should potentate THC but larger doses of CBD will decrease THC’s psychoactivity. It’ll take experimentation to figure out how you respond to different doses of cannabinoids. Instead of a 1:1 ratio you may prefer to use a CBD tincture or something to give you a set dose of CBD (like 10-20mg to start) and then you could use as much THC as necessary to reach the desired effects. But don’t overlook terpenes. They can significantly alter the effects of THC and CBD. the chart I posted has some of the most common ones