• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Opioids Canadian Opioid Users

I'm in Vancouver, BC and have been using opiates here for the past ten years.
When I first started there was lots of heroin, and morphine, Dilaudid (hydrophone), Oxycontin, percocets and Tylenol 3's available on the street. Personally, I only used heroin, morphine and sometimes Dilaudid.
Starting in about 2017, the drug supply completely changed. All the heroin on the street became fentanyl or fentanyl analogues. This change caused the overdose crisis and made it much harder for me to be a functional user because it is short acting and the withdrawal comes on quicker, along with the fact that the euphoria lasts maybe a minute.
There is also a lot of street fentanyl with benzodiazepines or other tranquilizers in them now too. It is not accidental and people are now hooked on the benzo dope which makes them black out for a whole day or overdose in a way where Narcan doesn't work.
We have a few Safe Supply programs here where people can get Dilaudid or morphine and there is also a prescription heroin program.
I was on the Dilly program but the fentanyl is so much stronger and so different that shooting the hydromorphone did absolutely nothing for me no matter what dose they gave me, so I gave up on it and am currently waiting to try to get into a program where I can get real heroin or fentanyl patches.

Sorry if this post is too long, I figured I would provide a brief summary of what I have encountered out here.

I'm in Vancouver, BC and have been using opiates here for the past ten years.
When I first started there was lots of heroin, and morphine, Dilaudid (hydrophone), Oxycontin, percocets and Tylenol 3's available on the street. Personally, I only used heroin, morphine and sometimes Dilaudid.
Starting in about 2017, the drug supply completely changed. All the heroin on the street became fentanyl or fentanyl analogues. This change caused the overdose crisis and made it much harder for me to be a functional user because it is short acting and the withdrawal comes on quicker, along with the fact that the euphoria lasts maybe a minute.
There is also a lot of street fentanyl with benzodiazepines or other tranquilizers in them now too. It is not accidental and people are now hooked on the benzo dope which makes them black out for a whole day or overdose in a way where Narcan doesn't work.
We have a few Safe Supply programs here where people can get Dilaudid or morphine and there is also a prescription heroin program.
I was on the Dilly program but the fentanyl is so much stronger and so different that shooting the hydromorphone did absolutely nothing for me no matter what dose they gave me, so I gave up on it and am currently waiting to try to get into a program where I can get real heroin or fentanyl patches.

Sorry if this post is too long, I figured I would provide a brief summary of what I have encountered out here.
Thanks for giving your experience, and thanks for joining Bluelight! Welcome! There are a few forums that may interest you. There is the New Members Introduction forum if you'd like to post a thread introducing yourself. There is also the Basic Drug Discussion, and Other Drugs forum, where a lot of the opioid centered conversation happens, as well as this forum here. Take a look around! I hope you stay awhile.

Sorry that I'm posting the same questions that I posted in another thread is not allowed, but wanted to get some help from experienced users of Dilaudid pills.

Is it better to dissolve Dilaudid pills with sterile saline or sterile water? I heard that water was better but not sure exactly why. Maybe the mixture of Dilaudid with 0.9 percent normal saline is too harsh on the veins because of acidity?? Does anybody know the answer to this?

I had used sterile water for injection, but ran out. So, I have these bottles of bacteriostatic 0.9% sterile saline. Not sure if I should use this or not. Also, does anyone know anything about making your solution as close to the isotonicity of blood? Again, maybe this has to do with harshness in the veins/collapse??

Thanks

Thanks
I can't really say for sure. Honestly it's better to just not inject pills, as the particles inside of it don't dissolve all the way and can really hurt or kill you. From my understanding, it's usually always better to use saline than water when doing IV, as that is what they do in hospitals. But I can't say for sure, that is just my thoughts on it. Maybe someone else has a better answer.

Thanks for giving your experience, and thanks for joining Bluelight! Welcome! There are a few forums that may interest you. There is the New Members Introduction forum if you'd like to post a thread introducing yourself. There is also the Basic Drug Discussion, and Other Drugs forum, where a lot of the opioid centered conversation happens, as well as this forum here. Take a look around! I hope you stay awhile.

I can't really say for sure. Honestly it's better to just not inject pills, as the particles inside of it don't dissolve all the way and can really hurt or kill you. From my understanding, it's usually always better to use saline than water when doing IV, as that is what they do in hospitals. But I can't say for sure, that is just my thoughts on it. Maybe someone else has a better answer.
Thanks. I appreciate the advice on harm reduction and your thoughts about the saline vs water!

Thanks. I appreciate the advice on harm reduction and your thoughts about the saline vs water!
Anytime mate! I do wish you the best, and please be safe whichever route you go.

yeah I really dont think doctors are interested in a non criminalization approach to opiates. They just want to push suboxone and methadone and get people on it. They'd rather kill people than let them get high off morphine and live a stable life. Just really horrifying to seek help and doctors are maliciously evil because they'd rather let me die than get high.

Really makes it hard to trust healthcare authorities when I see them not really caring about me and getting mad when i'm hospitalized because of their policies on persecuting drug users.

yeah I really dont think doctors are interested in a non criminalization approach to opiates. They just want to push suboxone and methadone and get people on it. They'd rather kill people than let them get high off morphine and live a stable life. Just really horrifying to seek help and doctors are maliciously evil because they'd rather let me die than get high.

Really makes it hard to trust healthcare authorities when I see them not really caring about me and getting mad when i'm hospitalized because of their policies on persecuting drug users.
Yep that's why I no longer trust them

Holy fuck I finally found a doctor that prescribed morphine suspended release aka kadian

Most just pushed for suboxone