• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Canada - Ontario cannabis storefronts to close by Sunday

thujone

Bluelight Crew
Ontario cannabis storefronts will be closing after they were removed from the essential businesses list in an update by the province.

All 52 licensed stores in Ontario will be required to close their doors as of Saturday at 11:59 p.m.

Online sales from the Ontario Cannabis Store will continue.
LCBOs and The Beer Store will remain open and restaurants are still able to sell alcohol through takeout and delivery.

Of course the LCBOs will stay open. :rolleyes:

Truth is many people are still uncomfortable ordering by mail, so back to the black market they will go.

Pretty well all of my pothead friends (which is the majority of my friends) already get their weed through delivery services. Black market ones, I guess....I think. Grey market? The whole scene got confusing for me.

To be fair, alcohol supply probably has to remain readily available to prevent rather seriously negative health outcomes in alcoholics. Potheads won't die from withdrawal.

Mail order requires CC, address, ID and signature so there's still a lot more friction involved than just being able to walk up into a storefront, choose nugs off a screen and pay in cash.

Of course the LCBOs will stay open. :rolleyes:

Yeh, it's very peculiar to me that the current gov't is doing this after having curbed the Liberal model of having the LCBO do cannabis sales.

Yeah, that's true but there are a thousand and one grey market (black market?) delivery options out there. With clearnet websites and phone numbers and C.O.D. payment.

My heart bleeds for you. Only mail order? You poor bastards... :|

(I'm only fuckin jealous...)

Hey, you get your supermarket brand tequila and white rum or whatnot and we get mail order weed. Fair trade, no? ;)

Yeah, me as well and I don't even touch the stuff....but if I had to choose.

Weed is still fully illegal in the UK? I thought you guys had some recent loosening of restrictions, no?

Yep, totally illegal. The only loosening of restrictions was that it was downgraded to class c instead of class b for a short time under the last labour government. But that didn't last long because it gave the impression it had been legalised so it was upgraded to class b again. No one gets charged with possession anymore and the cops have got much better things to do, so it's common to see people openly smoking spliffs, but it's still thoroughly under the control of the criminal gangs.

I only drink because I can't get weed easily.

(and possibly because I'm an alcoholic...)

I only drink because I can't get weed easily.

(and possibly because I'm an alcoholic...)

Shit mate, I only drink because I can't get a safe supply of MDMA.

I thought you guys had at least some sort of medical marijuana scheme going on. Glad to at least hear that the coppers aren't really enforcing that particular prohibition.

It's like here......the delivery services and clearnet mushroom dispensaries are just operating like normal businesses. The law have better things to do with their time and resources.

Shit mate, I only drink because I can't get a safe supply of MDMA.

I thought you guys had at least some sort of medical marijuana scheme going on. Glad to at least hear that the coppers aren't really enforcing that particular prohibition.

Oh yeh, prescribing of THC medication has been 'legalised' in theory due to public outcry over a couple of kids with severe epilepsy that were having to go abroad for their treatment, but it hasn't really been taken on board by the NHS.

On the other hand, CBD products are fuckin everywhere these days - for what its worth....

A steady supply of weed would seriously cut down my alcohol intake. So I'd like to thank our government for making me an alcoholic and I hope I cost them a fuckin fortune in treatment later on. Cunts.

A steady supply of weed would seriously cut down my alcohol intake. So I'd like to thank our government for making me an alcoholic and I hope I cost them a fuckin fortune in treatment later on. Cunts.

I feel ya.

I actually stopped drinking completely back in the day when I was getting regular supply of good MDMA. Now? All the MDMA has been shit and I'm drowning in cabernet franc and whatnot. And it's not as if I'm a lunatic 19 year old who would go out and get fucked on M on the weekly. Once every 8 weeks or so is fine for me, thanks. Way less of a possible social burden than if I keep drinking at current levels.
We'd all save money....the health system on treating us for alcohol damage and us spending less on liquor. I mean, I sure as hell wouldn't spend 200-300$ a month on M, that's for sure.

What's the main psychological block in the UK in regards to legalising or at least decriminalising weed?

What's the main psychological block in the UK in regards to legalising or at least decriminalising weed?

Probably the slight majority of the population that voted Brexit. Ya know, the short sighted jingoistic 'we won the war' brigade that fuels the right wing press and precludes any real discussion of forward thinking policies.

I like to call them 'cunts'...

Short-sighted cunts have been ruining shit for the rest of us since we were all just bacteria in some fucking puddle in Africa.

Cunts.....the very precise scientific nomenclature for such creatures, clearly. :)