• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Can you use Oxycodone do get through Suboxone withdrawal.

Dcass5

Greenlighter
I been on Subs for about a year now and im done with them. I want to be off everything. Now I know this is a big no no, but can you use oxycodone to get through suboxone withdrawals? My idea was to get oxy 15mg and take one each day during the duration of the sub withdrawal. I know this can lead to way worse things but I know what I want. I rather withdrawal a little from the oxy then the subs. Does anyone have experience with this?

I've been reading about people using kratom to get off subs successfully. Just take the kratom long enough to get over the sub withdrawals, then stop the kratom. You don't want to make that another addiction.

I've been reading about people using kratom to get off subs successfully. Just take the kratom long enough to get over the sub withdrawals, then stop the kratom. You don't want to make that another addiction.

Thanks for the reply! Yes I was researching that too. I might have to give that a shot. I know nothing about it or where to get it though.

Thanks for the reply! Yes I was researching that too. I might have to give that a shot. I know nothing about it or where to get it though.

We can't give out names of sites on here, but I would suggest searching for kratom. Sites pop up, most sites don't take credit cards because the government is cracking down. They want to ban it, but it actually helps people. Anyway, if you know how to use bitcoins, you're good. You can also do COD, which is where you get a money order and give it to the delivery person. Do your research. Whatever site you find, research it first to see what others say about it, just to make sure the product is good. You might come across 1 or 2 sites that still take credit cards, but like I said, it's mostly bitcoin and COD.

You can get it in pills or you can get the powder, buy some 00 sized empty capsules (I prefer vegetable capsules, not gelatin) and fill them yourself. It's easier that way so you don't taste it. Powder is usually cheaper too. With 00 sized capsules, it's about 0.5 mg in each capsule so at least you can tell how much you're taking. It's also best to get a scale, just to be sure. You can start with at least 3 to 4 grams and see how you feel. Good luck!

Forgot to mention, you can also check around your local tobacco shops like Wild Bill's and see if they have any in stock. That way, you can easily go get it.

Last edited:
We can't give out names of sites on here, but I would suggest searching for kratom. Sites pop up, most sites don't take credit cards because the government is cracking down. They want to ban it, but it actually helps people. Anyway, if you know how to use bitcoins, you're good. You can also do COD, which is where you get a money order and give it to the delivery person. Do your research. Whatever site you find, research it first to see what others say about it, just to make sure the product is good. You might come across 1 or 2 sites that still take credit cards, but like I said, it's mostly bitcoin and COD.

You can get it in pills or you can get the powder, buy some 00 sized empty capsules (I prefer vegetable capsules, not gelatin) and fill them yourself. It's easier that way so you don't taste it. Powder is usually cheaper too. With 00 sized capsules, it's about 0.5 mg in each capsule so at least you can tell how much you're taking. It's also best to get a scale, just to be sure. You can start with at least 3 to 4 grams and see how you feel. Good luck!

Forgot to mention, you can also check around your local tobacco shops like Wild Bill's and see if they have any in stock. That way, you can easily go get it.
Thank you so much. You were a great help! I would still like to know if anyone has any experince taking short acting opiates for suboxone withdrawal.

Keep in mind/have plan b Kratom might not work for you. It doesn't for me. It seems like a 50/50 thing.

For some, its like a miracle. It made me really nauseous and really anxious. Just in case, have a backup plan, so you're not in a jam. Good luck!

IMO I would not do that just cause your are going back to a full agaonist as opposed to a partial .
I think the best way would just be to taper the sub as low as possible and then stop .
If you take oxy to come off sub your are taking a big gamble in my opinion .
If I were you I would just keep tapering to a low enough dose as possible and I say if I see you cuz I was never able to stay on sub maintenance I was always going back and forth .
So if you were able to stay on subs for a year without using full against I wouldn’t chance using oxy just cuz your worried bout the long half life of subs.
Regardless subs doesn’t pack a punch like cold turkey heroin withdrawal but it’s just more drawn out . So I don’t see how taking oxy in the begging will help.
Just my two cents . All the best!

In theory yes. In practice.... Ive never heard of anyone making it work.

If kratom is legal in your state you can find it at most head shops. It's also very common to find it at gas stations / convenience stores. This way you can try it and see if you like it. I got off subs with kratom more than once, but I simply traded addictions. I have been on one opiod or another for 7 years. Hang in there.