• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Can you ruin black tar by burning? Too much heat?

Wankerrr666

Greenlighter
I recently was attempting to mix a lower grade black tar heroin with a much more potent grade of black tar heroin. Approximately 7 grams of each totaling near and half an ounce I added water in a pyrex dish on the stove top over low heat. Attempting to combine the two to create a single homogeneous blend of the two but I accidentally left the heroin slightly dissolved in water on the stove top on low-medium heat only to return 30 minutes later to a hard charred mass in the pyrex. Is the active heroin compromised? Is there a way to recover or even return to previous 'tar' state?

Should be able to tolerate the heat but sounds like a pain in the ass to work with 🤔

Ultimately im not sure. The boiling point of heroin is around 100°F lower than morphine...not sure what the implications are in this case. Melting point is around 500°F. Hard to say the temperatures involved here.

Yes it’s very likely much of it survived unless it got insanely hot, many of the impurities in tar will burn before the alkaloids do...

Scrape up the mass, then pour in a minimal amount of room temperature water and swirl it around. A lot of it won’t dissolve, that’s ok. Scrape the crap to the side then carefully suck up the water with a dropper or syringe.

Squirt water into clean plate and evaporate.

-GC

I've wasted shots before burning it in water in a spoon trying to get it to dissolve faster. It definitely wasted it. You're suppose to be patient. So yeah you really can't heat it in water for long. It should never bubble boil.

I've been wondering about this internally in my mind for months, but not in such a large amount. Where I'm from, we only get very questionable BTH, if you can even call it that; the thing is, I'll put a chunk in my cooker/spoon, add water, but once I begin adding heat it begins dissolving into the familiar brown color and exudes that vinegar-like smell, but only for a moment. Since I'm paranoid about diseases (especially hep c) I'll tend to cook for a good long while to hopefully sterilize the mix, but that familiar color and smell quickly disappears and what I pull up into my rig is either an insipid, yellowish liquid, or if I've added a lot to start with, an orange colored shot.
Of course this hasn't prevented me from using it, but the effect has always been very disappointing. It's always enough to get feeling well, but never feeling good.

I've been wondering about this internally in my mind for months, but not in such a large amount. Where I'm from, we only get very questionable BTH, if you can even call it that; the thing is, I'll put a chunk in my cooker/spoon, add water, but once I begin adding heat it begins dissolving into the familiar brown color and exudes that vinegar-like smell, but only for a moment. Since I'm paranoid about diseases (especially hep c) I'll tend to cook for a good long while to hopefully sterilize the mix, but that familiar color and smell quickly disappears and what I pull up into my rig is either an insipid, yellowish liquid, or if I've added a lot to start with, an orange colored shot.
Of course this hasn't prevented me from using it, but the effect has always been very disappointing. It's always enough to get feeling well, but never feeling good.

It should be fine, it’s more likely your tolerance combined with pandemic induced low quality.

Interesting that it changes though that much during your cooking process, I could see the smell getting lost but can’t figure out why the color..

-GC

Depending how long it was burning without water. Within water the tar should be able to handle boiling temperatures. If anything you will destroy the codeine and acetylcodeine molecules, but the 6MAM and the morphine should be fine. That being said if it was burning without water you may have lost some of the product.