• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can you purify oxycotin 5mg hcl with iso alcohol extraction?

ThaDok

Greenlighter
Hey guys, for research I'm trying to find out if you can purify oxycodone with iso alchol method (Oxycodone HCL not opana). Let's say you have alot of pills but you want to be able to get more then 100mg/ml in a syringe. Is this possible? Sorry for my chemistry ignorance. I know, shooting these types of pills with a poor filter is DANGEROUS and should never be done. But is it possible so you can have a stronger solution for iv?

You don't want to IV alcohol. This is a very bad idea. Plus, I doubt the salt is more soluble in ethanol.

The solubility for oxycodone hcl seems to be around 100mg/ml water, so more than 100mg/ml and the oxy will precipitate

Oh, I wasn't saying i was trying to do that. I was wondering if you did that, then let the iso alcohol evaporate would it work? and your right. its only slightly soluble in ethanol.

Oh, I wasn't saying i was trying to do that. I was wondering if you did that, then let the iso alcohol evaporate would it work? and your right. its only slightly soluble in ethanol.

It won't work. You'll still be limited to ~100mg/mL

You guys (kleiner) know way more about this shit than I could have ever imagined anyone doing drugs needing to know. Sorry to derail thread but I just have to know, are you self taught or schooled? I'm glad you're here to help out.

OT- you can only get 100mg/ml ;-)

You guys (kleiner) know way more about this shit than I could have ever imagined anyone doing drugs needing to know. Sorry to derail thread but I just have to know, are you self taught or schooled? I'm glad you're here to help out
Both, I'm really interested in pharmacology and neuroscience and have been reading studies etc for a few years now and I study biology (bachelor) and want a master/doctor in drug research (not sure if the degrees are the same in America)

Hey guys, for research I'm trying to find out if you can purify oxycodone with iso alchol method (Oxycodone HCL not opana). Let's say you have alot of pills but you want to be able to get more then 100mg/ml in a syringe. Is this possible? Sorry for my chemistry ignorance. I know, shooting these types of pills with a poor filter is DANGEROUS and should never be done. But is it possible so you can have a stronger solution for iv?

What do you mean purify it?? Xmg=Xmg, there's no changing that..

The oral bioavailability is ~80%, youre better off just swallowing them if you want to take high doses, especially if you're not filtering properly!

Both, I'm really interested in pharmacology and neuroscience and have been reading studies etc for a few years now and I study biology (bachelor) and want a master/doctor in drug research (not sure if the degrees are the same in America)

Pretty cool man. Do you use drugs as well? Congrats on the schooling and good luck. College is hard work but it appears you have the mind for it.

Any updates OP? Did you make your solution?

^ I used to abuse the shit out of anything I got in my hands, I tried like 30-40 different drugs, but I'm clean atm

I think you are confusing extractions where alcohol is 100% with rubbing alcohol. The reason why this is pointless is that if you where to use 75℅ isopropyl alcohol for a drug with a solubility in it at 100mg/ml. Is that you'll also disolve everything with a reasonably high water solubility. The point of 100℅ alcohol extractions is to separate things like sodium chloride and other poorly alcohol soluble byproducts from the target.