• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can you plug Buprenorphine SL?

easysweep

Bluelighter
Wondering If this will help it manage my pain better and have a stronger analgesic effect through that pathway

If yes is dissolving the medicine in sterile water/saline the way or just plug

I am uncertain exactly how you would go about extracting the drug from the tablets, however I have found a link that discusses the bioavailability of buprenorphine which says that the availability is about 41% higher rectally (13% for sublingual and 54% for intrarectal).

Well i have IV saline so since the drug dissloves in liquids I figured letting it dissolve then using a catheter and syringe would do the trick what do you think

Well i have IV saline so since the drug dissloves in liquids I figured letting it dissolve then using a catheter and syringe would do the trick what do you think
Again, I am unsure exactly how to go about extracting the drug from the SL tablets. Maybe someone else could shine a light in that regard. I believe it should be pretty straight forward since it would normally just dissolve beneath your tongue. It appears that pure Buprenorphine Hydrochloride dissolves in water at 17 mg/mL and alcohol at 42 mg /mL (both at room temperature) according to this site.

I am uncertain exactly how you would go about extracting the drug from the tablets, however I have found a link that discusses the bioavailability of buprenorphine which says that the availability is about 41% higher rectally (13% for sublingual and 54% for intrarectal).
Where do you get that figure that sublingual bupe is only 13% bioavailable? All the sources i have seen point out that SL is 30-34%.

Wondering If this will help it manage my pain better and have a stronger analgesic effect through that pathway

If yes is dissolving the medicine in sterile water/saline the way or just plug
It will be a bit stronger when plugged. You can just put a tablet in a syringe and shake it till it's dissolved. Then just stick the syringe in your asshole and press the plunger. It's that easy.