• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids can you mix codeine and fentanyl to get beter effects?

t6apb

Bluelighter
i have 600mgs of codeine (normal dose for me) and some fentanyl cut into strips for sublingual use.

would the two complement each other at all or would it just be a waste or pointless expedition?

If codeine gets you off then fentanyl sounds like overkill. I've heard fentanyl isn't very euphoric as well, so besides being very dangerous, this won't be that much more fun either.

What?

Why waste the Codeine when you have Fentanyl?

Fentanyl is the strongest opiate in the world, generally speaking.
While, codeine is one of the weakest ones.

IMO, you wont even feel the Codeine if you take Fentanyl.

If 600mg of Codeine gets you high, then I'll stay the fuck away from Fent.
Very good chance you can OD if you have a codeine tolerance.

ive been taking fent loads recently so dont worry about that, i was just purely wondering can you take two opiates together and make the effect stronger, more long lasting or whatever, nevermind then

Fentanyl has such a high affinity for mu that you wouldn't even feel the effects of codeine, don't bother.

Yeah, listen to us man.

Best option is, to save the Codeine for Withdrawals.

But I'm shocked you can handle Fent with just a 600mg Codeine tolerance.
Has me VERY questionable.
I've never even seen Fent, but I've been in the opiate game for 8-9 years. Including-
Hydrocodone, Codeine, Tramadol, Oxycodone, Morphine, Dilaudid, Heroin, Opana just once, and Methadone.

Fentanyl is stronger than ALL the opiates I just listed.
Combining Fent with other strong opiates like Opana and Methadone will almost guarantee an O.D
But taking codeine with other strong opiates is just a waste. The stronger opiates will just overpower the Codeine and you will just feel the stronger one, and of course in your case thats Fent.

i really dont understand all the bad rep fentanyl gets, i get the matrix patches (no gel) 12.8mg a patch and cut that into 8 equal strips and place them in between my cheeks and gums, i get a really nice strong buzz lasting a couple of hours, if i take a few days rest after each time buying my tolernace is controlled. i get them very cheap for how much i can get out of them.

Go over to the Dark side forum & see why Fentanyl gets a bad rep......also check out the Shrine where quite a few people have died from Fentanyl, & most of these people were heavy heroin users.

well they must of been reckless when using, ive had no problems, only the fact that using fent pretty much makes any other opioid/opiate ineffective unless i take a massive t break

well they must of been reckless when using, ive had no problems, only the fact that using fent pretty much makes any other opioid/opiate ineffective unless i take a massive t break

How can you say this? You're playing with a drug that isn't legally RX to you, taking it to get high, then call someone else out over being "wreckless". Any time you abuse a drug in a way it isn't meant to be abused, you risk death.

Lostboys is correct. Don't think it wont ever happen to you because it can, enough people have died from fent to prove it.

I can do 140mg of Opana easily a day. I have done up to 200mg of oxycodone (roxy) a day. I've mixed shit in my youth, tried heroin. My tolerance is a damn beast.

I don't Fk with Fent...period. Don't trust it, too many people even with hella tolerance have died.

OP, don't mix the codiene with the fent...not only can it add to respiratory depression, it's a waste. Save the codiene for hard time.

The problem with fent is by the time you "have a nice buzz" you are already very close to ODing, and ODing on fent means hitting the floor without even realizing you took too much and maybe not waking up...not like morphinan opioids where before you are in fatal OD territory you will generally first be nodding really hard and/or puking everywhere and know you shouldn't/won't be able to take anymore...with fent you can "have a nice buzz" decide you want to make the buzz just a tiny little bit stronger, redose, and then be dead without even realizing you were in trouble.

see i dont redose, i know my optimum dosage and tend not to redose that day unless i dose early in the morning, then i might take another dose at night. im pretty sure the people Oding on this stuff are using the gel patches and smoking or IVing it. i use the safer gel free patches and use it sublingually, if i feel like im nodding to hard i take it out and have a coffee or two.

hell i even mix it with benzos (i have a huge benzo tolerance and in no way condone this to other people) and ive been fine.

you cant talk about fent if you havent even tried it, you clearly have no idea because you definitly notice if your nodding to hard.

btw yeah ive realised mixing with codeine is pointless, just that some people have said fent is like heroin without a soul, i wondered if adding a opiate it might give it some soul if you know what i mean

Last edited:
"you cant talk about fent if you havent even tried it, you clearly have no idea because you definitly notice if your nodding to hard"

LOL is this directed at me? Ok, I've never tried it and have no idea, whatever you want to tell yourself. I can't tell you how many times I've(luckily) picked myself up off the floor, half deaf, a pounding headache, with a fucked up back and limbs from how I've been laying, without even really feeling "high" before it happened because I was chasing that morphinan euphoria that fent just doesn't have.

If you are nodding on fent then you are already being wreckless, the line between nodding on fent and dying on fent is microscopic...you clearly don't want to hear sound harm reduction advice, let alone learn from others mistakes, go ahead and keep telling yourself that you are doing everything safely(no such thing with fent) and that nothing bad will ever happen to you because you are just too damn smart...I'm not even saying don't do it, I sure as hell don't follow that advice, I'm just saying be aware that you are playing with fire...the least you could do is be respectful of the people trying to help you and just say "OK, I understand it's dangerous, I will be careful" and then do whatever you want, but when you talk like you do you just sound arrogant and immature. Good luck.

edit: this board isn't here to help you get the best high, its herer to help you get high without dying...if you just want people to tell you the best way to get fucked up without all the annoying harm reduction then you are in the wrong place

Last edited:
i do understand its a dangerous potent drug, i do and yeah i am grateful for everyones advice and concerns honestly thats why i love this site, amazing harm reduction and care for other users, but trust me i got it under control and i know what im doing. :)

Well to answer your question - if you're using fent, don't bother with the codeine you probably won't feel it. When I was on heroin I could take endless amounts of dihydrocodeine and feel fuck all.

A friend of mine died smoking fent, he was pretty experienced, thought he knew what he was doing etc etc. It happens.

You're on benzos as well?...

I myself have experience with lots of opiates/opioids but whenever I've had the chance to take fentanyl I've passed, and I'm glad I did!

You're right re: cutting into strips is safer than smoking a lump of gel, but still! Please be careful :)

see i dont redose, i know my optimum dosage and tend not to redose that day unless i dose early in the morning, then i might take another dose at night. im pretty sure the people Oding on this stuff are using the gel patches and smoking or IVing it. i use the safer gel free patches and use it sublingually, if i feel like im nodding to hard i take it out and have a coffee or two.

hell i even mix it with benzos (i have a huge benzo tolerance and in no way condone this to other people) and ive been fine.

you cant talk about fent if you havent even tried it, you clearly have no idea because you definitly notice if your nodding to hard.

btw yeah ive realised mixing with codeine is pointless, just that some people have said fent is like heroin without a soul, i wondered if adding a opiate it might give it some soul if you know what i mean

You've got it all figured out, why even ask for advice?

Benzos + Fent = funeral.
Respiratory depression is real and as another poster mentioned...by the time you're nodding into oblivion, it's too late.

You think people who don't take fent don't understand it? Really?
As someone who has worked in the E.R. , medical setting for over 18 years off and on, I know fent all too well. Countless OD's, deaths, etc. some by those who have it all figured out like you, and some who tried only a tiny pinch and died.

It's your body, your life. We all love to catch a good buzz from time to time, but there are real dangers with drugs, so don't lay something on another's conscious without any regard for their advice.

Harm reduction advice for the day.
BTW...my nephew recently passed away from one xanax bar/small amount of methadone and criminal charges to all involved because of how it was administered.

see with smoking the gel you have no idea how much your taking and once you take the hit theres no going back, i take the no gel fent and its alot safer as its evenly distriputed on a sticky patch of plastic, i stick it to the inside of my cheek, if i feel like its too much i can just take it out. i wouldnt dare risking it with the gel fent no way.

yeah i love my benzos with pretty much everything, my tolerance is so high i find it easier to sleep without benzos than with them which is weird as fuck i dont get it haha

but i really do beleive the fent problem is with the gel patches, they are only good for its intended use of transdermal

I would still recommend any other opiate over fentanyl though buddy, especially if mixing with benzos.

Why not take a break and just stick to codeine when your tolerance comes down? How long have you been doing this for?

i really like fent, really nice euphoric high with minimal side effects. also i get it very cheap for how many doses i get out of one patch, whereas codeine its about half the price but thats only one dose which isnt all that great, yeah codeine has speical place in my heart as i have been doing for so long but if anything id rather just quit all opiates all together but as we all know its easier said than done.

i havent been tking fent that long, only about 2 months roughly half a patch a week