• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Can you mix benzos with nitrous oxide?

ParappaTheRapper

Ex-Bluelighter
Hi, i didnt find too much info searching. Plus, im looking for an answer, like, really fast.

Does anybody know the safety of mixing benzodiazpines with nitrous oxide? And if so how much of each.

Can i be on a benzo or two and do a whole box?

No?

Etc?

Thanks in advance.

It kills quite a bit of the psychedelia if not benzo-tolerant or if an intoxicating dose of benzodiazepines. Its not a synergistic combo imo (you wouldn't even believe my level of "experience" with nitrous - not that its something to brag about)

Probably too late but yea they're OK to mix.

I'm pretty sure it is kinda synergistic because NDMA antagonists like ketamine greatly increase the effects of opiates & benzos, N2O is a NDMA antagonist too. 5-10mg of methoxetamine (very low dose) with heroin made the high soo much stronger, dangerously stronger (heroin with a horse tranquilizer goes together magnificently lol). I wouldn't worry about nitrous though since you can hold ur breathe safely longer than the high lasts, it'd wear off before any harm could be done.

BTW N2O helped me out a lot during benzo withdrawal.

How did it help you out a lot during benzo withdrawal?

Anyway yes they are safe to mix but they are not a particularly fun combo in my experience. Id rather do nitrous on its own and save the bezos for the come down.

Anyway yes they are safe to mix but they are not a particularly fun combo in my experience. Id rather do nitrous on its own and save the bezos for the come down.

yeah you can but they totally ruin the best parts of each other.

i can't stand smoking weed, except when i get gassed. those two go together so damn well.

Nitrous is so good on its own tho, just save the benzo for a day when you're stressed the fuck out

It can be done, but as already mentioned, its not really that great of a combo.
That being said, it could potentially knock you the fuck out.
I once did N2O while being under the influrence of Oxazepam and a small dose of alcohol.
I was pretty chilled out before hand but not even close to blacking out or anything like that.
After ingesting 12 grams of N20, I immediately fell into a deep sleep, only to wake up a couple of hours later with minor memory loss.

I found the overwhelming effect kind of wierd at the moment and did some research.
What I found was that N2O actually shows some minor affinity for the GABA-A receptors (at least, when combined with a true GABA-A agonist) so I think this might have been the reason, or at least have contributed, to me passing out cold after ingesting a N2O dose that I would normally be able to handle without any problems.

So you might want to go slow on the siphon untill you know how you react to the combo.

Here are a few links regarding the connection between N2O and the GABA-A receptors.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9477068

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=51481.0

http://journals.lww.com/ejanaesthes...O_and_xenon_potentiate_GABA_gating_at.13.aspx

^The post above probably explains which it helped with benzo withdrawal. I just felt a great relief for a couple minutes.