• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Can you just eat cocaine or use it sublingual?

Karamazov

Bluelighter
Just curious. If you didn’t want to snort or smoke or shoot, what would your options be?

Just curious. If you didn’t want to snort or smoke or shoot, what would your options be?
Plugging Is the only other option. Since it has a very short half life, it has to enter your bloodstream real Quick otherwise it wont have any effect.

Really I don’t get it. Does the stomach acid kill it? im thinking that the nose can only accept so much. after the first couple lines, isn’t all the coke just dripping down the back of the throat and into the stomach?

also, shouldn’t sublingual work?

Sublingual/buccal works, that's how chewing coca leaves deliver cocaine to the blood.

Cocaine can indeed be taken orally. Ernest Shackleton took some on his Antarctic expedition, brand name "Forced March" (combination with caffeine).
vns5RLN.png

The oral BA is low, I think it's like 10-30%, but a dose of cocaine for a naive user is between 5 and 30mg in the blood, so a 60mg tablet would surely be effective!

You can damn well bet if I was going to be trudging around at the South Pole that stimulants would be along for the ride. I guess he didn't have access to amphetamine at the time...

cocaine in some liquor is great, the liver turns it into a special compound called cocaethylene. if i had money to burn i'd just drink that stuff til it kills me

Hydrochloric Acid dehydrolyses Cocaine rendering it biologically inactive, however there is a way around this by raising ur stomach PH by using Lime or some other Alkali.

Imo the best way to do this is to put ur Coke into capsules then drink some pure Lime juice about 10 mins before u pop the "coke capsules", it won't take long for the Lime to neutralize ur stomach acid. But I wouldn't encourage u to do this all the time cos the Cocaine will cause stomach ulcers, I mean if it can corrode ur nose then it can do the same to ur stomach lining and GI tract!

Last edited:
Hydrochloric Acid dehydrolyses Cocaine rendering it biologically inactive, however there is a way around this by raising ur stomach PH by using Lime or some other Alkali.
Technically it's the water that causes hydrolysis, the hydrochloric acid is just a catalyst. Even atmospheric moisture will break cocaine down. I've seen more than a few samples of cocaine that were stored improperly (I live on the Pacific coast, in what is arguably a rainforest, so high humidity) like a paper flap stored in a pants pocket for a day or two, or a center console of a car, etc.

drink some pure Lime juice
Uh, wrong lime. Limes, like the green citrus fruit that you juice, are acidic - not alkaline. They contain citric acid after all. The lime that is an alkali is a totally different mineral, it's calcium hydroxide. It's produced by heating limestone (calcium carbonate) to red heat, driving off CO2 and leaving calcium oxide ("quicklime"), which is mixed with water to form "slaked lime" or calcium hydroxide, with the release of a suprising amount of heat. The lime will slowly absorb CO2 from the air to reform limestone, gradually - this is what occurs in the mortar used in bricklaying.

Cocaine will cause stomach ulcers!
Aren't ulcers caused by Heliobacter pylorii infections?

Technically it's the water that causes hydrolysis, the hydrochloric acid is just a catalyst. Even atmospheric moisture will break cocaine down. I've seen more than a few samples of cocaine that were stored improperly (I live on the Pacific coast, in what is arguably a rainforest, so high humidity) like a paper flap stored in a pants pocket for a day or two, or a center console of a car, etc.

Uh, wrong lime. Limes, like the green citrus fruit that you juice, are acidic - not alkaline. They contain citric acid after all. The lime that is an alkali is a totally different mineral, it's calcium hydroxide.

Aren't ulcers caused by Heliobacter pylorii infections?

JUST a catalyst lol? It would take H2O a very long time to hydrolyse Cocaine lol.

Sorry I got confused with the Lime, obviously its a citrus fruit.

Cocaine is a vasoconstrictor so it will starve off oxygen and nutrients to where ever it makes contact with in ur stomach so I'd say gangrene would be more accurate than an ulcer.

You could pulverize an alkaline metal like Lithium, Sodium, or Potassium to neutralize ur stomach acid as an alternative, or just eat sodium bicarbonate lol.

Last edited:
It would take H2O a very long time to hydrolyse Cocaine lol.

Murray, J. B., & Al-Shora, H. I. (1978). STABILITY OF COCAINE IN AQUEOUS SOLUTION. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, 3(1), 1–6. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2710.1978.tb00096.x
bqiyevm.png

This actually claims cocaine is more stable in acidic solutions than basic ones, and hydrolysis happens much more rapidly at elevated temperatures than cold ones.
It will indeed hydrolyse in neutral water solution slowly though.

Murray, J. B., & Al-Shora, H. I. (1978). STABILITY OF COCAINE IN AQUEOUS SOLUTION. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, 3(1), 1–6. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2710.1978.tb00096.x
bqiyevm.png

This actually claims cocaine is more stable in acidic solutions than basic ones, and hydrolysis happens much more rapidly at elevated temperatures than cold ones.
It will indeed hydrolyse in neutral water solution slowly though.

Everything happens more rapidly in elevated temperatures, if the temperature is high enough even atomic nuclei will fuse lol. Afterall thats how stars and hydrogen bombs work.

Last edited:
I mean, sure, but it's still a fact that cocaine doesn't deal well with getting wet. I've seen enough samples of partly hydrolysed coke to know.

I mean, sure, but it's still a fact that cocaine doesn't deal well with getting wet. I've seen enough samples of partly hydrolysed coke to know.

Would a sulfate, phosphate, or bitartrate formulation of Cocaine be more resistant to the environment of the stomach as opposed to its Hydrochloride salt form?

I don't think so, after all the counterion is not contributing to the hydrolysis at all. That paper suggests that buffering your ssolution at pH 2-3 and storing it below 5c is the best.

I do know that freebase cocaine is much more resistant to hydrolysis from the simple reason that it's not soluble and hence water molecules cannot get in intimate contact with the cocaine.

Anecdotal, but cocaine works orally. I've used it sublingually which was quite impressive. I used around 50mg. It takes slightly more but once it kicks in it lasts a few hours

Cocaine is definitely orally active, in fact the BA is not a lot worse than nasal, in fact in some cases it's higher just because nasal BA differs based on various factors. You will need a bit more, and it won't be as much of a rush, but will be smoother and last longer.