• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can you IV Hydrocodone

I am not 100% sure, but I wouldn't think so as hydro contains tylenol.

Tylenol does not break down in water so you'll be shooting powder.

I am not 100% sure, but I wouldn't think so as hydro contains tylenol.

Tylenol does not break down in water so you'll be shooting powder.
he's talking about pure hydrocodone not vicodin or norco

Since oxy is shootable, I think hydrocodone should be as well. correct me if I'm wrong but I think for example codeine isn't shootable because it causes too much histamine release or something like that, I'm not sure if hydro is like this as well but I don't know there must be a reason why they don't use IV hydro in clinical settings.

Hydrocodone can be injected but is not customarily done so intravenously.

The 23. March 1943 FDA approval of hydrocodone in the United States was accompanied with another law mandating that it must be mixed with at least one other ingredient, which for most of history has ranged from guaifenesin to homatropine to paracetamol, aspirin, phenacetin and ibuprofen, As invented in 1920, the orignal German product Dicodid was just like the same company's Dilaudid -- a couple of strengths of tiny tablets, some liquids, and an injectable. But it, like dihydrocodeine, was used almost exclusively as a deep subcutaneous shot. Injectable hydrocodone was never marketed in the United States, the source of 100 per cent and eaters of almost 100 per cent of hydrocodone since production ended on the Continent earlier this century,

They already had Dilaudid, and there was always worry about the histamine release, as with codeine, although it is much less. That is why IV hydrocodone did not catch on. I've done it with impunity but I don't think others should, because I haven't had a moment in many, many years without high doses of at least two antihistamines or drugs with antihistamine side effects pumping through me. It is also wasteful and beside the point -- you want hydrocodone to get that first pass through the liver because it turns it into hydromorphone.

Injectable oxycodone, on the other hand, was big in those days and known as Eukodol and in a glorious combination product called Scophedal. It has an entire chain of active metabolites and works strongly itself. Parenteral use seems to emphasise the components of the impact of the drug which are more like C-Jam.

It is hard to imagine this changing in the current climate. When the law mandating adulteration of hydrocodone with, usually paracetamol, was repealed, drug manufacturer Zogenix invented an extended release product, Zohydro, which Clowngress, led by Senator Kelly Ayotte (Republican, New Hampshire) and Senator Joe Manchin (Democrat, West Virginia) tried to pass a law to ban. No dice, you penguin-fucking Bolshevik motherfuckers.

Well, in the time since, Zogenix has taken the same route as Vidkun Quisling and been very enthusiastic about the government's corrupt, hysterical, ill-informed, and unscientific pontifications about abuse-proof formulations of other opioids. Their blasphemous MS Contin imitation is dog shit. Fuck em. Fuck em in the arsehole with a big rubber dick.

I had the honour of attending a drinking and hydrocodone party in Montréal the Thursday after the 2016 general election in the United States celebrating the defeat of Senator Ayotte that past Tuesday. Others were held that week in Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, Burlington, Vermont, and Manchester, NH as well as other locations. To Senator Manchin they said: "Don't Laugh -- You're Next!"

Last edited:
Since oxy is shootable, I think hydrocodone should be as well. correct me if I'm wrong but I think for example codeine isn't shootable because it causes too much histamine release or something like that, I'm not sure if hydro is like this as well but I don't know there must be a reason why they don't use IV hydro in clinical settings.
I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure hydrocodone would cause a histamine reaction if IV'd

Hydrocodone has about the same bioavailability orally as it does IV. It’s a dangerous waste of time. If you want it to hit faster crush a couple and mix well in water add a little flavor and sugar then just drink it. If you’re taking more than 3-4 or over a period of time you might want to go ahead with CWE but hydrocodone will readily dissolve in water and hit much harder and faster.

Does anyone have any link to a study that says IV use of hydrocodone is fatal or will produce an extreme histamine reaction? The only evidence I have found says this about Codeine and Dihydrocodeine. Oxycodone is to Hydrocodone, what Oxymorphone is to Hydromorphone, and they have a close relation. Oxycodone is known to produce very little histamine reaction despite its similarities to codeine. I'm just confused how everyone is jumping to the conclusion of extreme danger from IV hydrocodone with nothing to back it up. I would also assume to NOT do it, until I saw information proving it was safe. However, I don't see any information that its not safe either. To be honest, it probably is safe given its close relationship with oxycodone and Dilaudid. Neither of which are dangerous intravenously.

I would strongly assume it to be ok as long as drug is pure or the user has decent extraction experience and technique.

I have seen several bl members with a background in chemistry talk of iv use of this drug.
Use of an antihistamine would be advisable.

I would definately not reccomend the OP do this as he is on his way to an early grave already if his posts of late are anything to go by.
Please cop on to yourself OP

how do you get it to seperate? How do you know that the codone is whats being drawn up? Iv tried several times to prepare this and Im not sure how to do it, nor do I Know how much to do. If you take 2 10mgs at once how much would u draw up for IV? Need some help and advice?

To the above poster
It sounds like you dont have enough experience to attempt any kind of extraction any level in difficulty above the most basic CWE or crush/water/filter/shoot extractions.

You should not attempt to IV hydrocodone. Stick to eating them.

Doesn't only dilauded have a rush when IV'd? So what's the appeal of shooting up other than the thrill of a needle?

Sorry I was referring to oxy/hydro pills. Obviously heroin and morphine have a rush, didn't know about opana because that's impossible to find around here. I mean for something like oxy or hydro wouldn't be IV'ing it more effort than it's worth instead of just swallowing them? Since there's no boost in the rush when IV'ing them unlike the ones that do (like dilaudid)? There could be complications when it's easier to swallow. Just fyi I don't have experience using a needle I was just lurking.

I've read a lot of users complaining about complications when specifically shooting up pills. It seems only worth it for a select some from what I've read or if you really have a lot of experience doing so.. But this is a subject I'm not totally sure about so I'll stop posting about it.

Last edited: