• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

RCs Can you iv 4f-mph?

Should be able to. Doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun, nor worth the risks.

Did you try it? How'd it go?

Dont have it yet. Just wanna try it cause ir methylphenidate is my fav stim

Yeah I used to be a big methylphenidate fan. I was hoping 4f-mph would be as good or better than methylphenidate. Unfortunately it is not nearly as recreational, but this is also a good thing, because if it was as good or better than methylphenidate I'd have trouble controlling my use of it.

10mg of ir ritalin was enough for me when snorted. Im thinking about 8mgs of 4f-mph iv should be more than good. Is it mentally taxing stim?

10mg of ir ritalin was enough for me when snorted. Im thinking about 8mgs of 4f-mph iv should be more than good. Is it mentally taxing stim?

I wouldn't just jump to IV'ing it. I don't see a real benefit to IV 4f-mph because the drug itself seems to lack the recreational effects of methylphenidate. 4f-mph feels more like isopropylphenidate, and although it has more moodlift than isopropylphenidate, it still lacks the recreational properties of methylphenidate. I was a little disappointed that 4f-mph didn't feel like methylphenidate, but I am glad it wasn't as recreational as I'd have trouble controlling my use (I use 4f-mph as a functional stim on a pretty frequent basis).

If you try to push the dosage to chase some kind of high you eventually just create this panic feeling with a tightness in the chest and anxiety that lasts a long time.

In the end it is a functional stimulant, so attempts to get high on it will end up in an unpleasant state which will last hours. If you do try to get high on it you'll probably need some benzos handy.

I see. I hope I can find some recreationality from it. The doses are so low that I gotta remain careful even if it doesnt work as I originally thought it would.

^^^Wow 50mg IV seems like a guaranteed panic attack in the absence of benzos or opioids.

The problem with 4f-mph as a recreational drug is likely do its higher potency as a dopamine reuptake inhibitor than a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Methylphenidate is a pretty balanced reuptake inhibitor, being similarly efficacious at the DAT and NET. This gives it far more of a rush and adrenergic push than 4f-mph and isopropylphenidate (which is even adrenergic than 4f-mph). Drugs that are primarily dopaminergic appear to be less reinforcing than drugs that are more balanced.

4f-mph appears more dopaminergic and less adrenergic than methylphenidate which limits its abuse potential. It may be that high doses are disproportionately more rewarding than low doses as the perhaps that when its adrenergic qualities are more perceptible.

I used to abuse hell out of methylphenidate daily for years and would feel the urge to redose after about 1 hour and 10 minutes (i used to time it). The 4f-mph is slower acting and longer lasting, and combined with the fact that it isn't euphoric, means i don't find myself compelled redose. The come down, like methylphenidate, is quite smooth.

Let us know what happens, im always curious about peoples impressions of 4f-mph.

I actually tried IV 4F-MPH tonight, and somehow it doesn't seem as strong as snorted. I know that sounds impossible, and it's probably in my head, but I didn't get much of a rush. I only did it, because I'm kind of addicted to the whole process of injecting. It's a real problem. But yeah, I don't recommend it, it's not worth the vain damage.