• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Can you get high off bupe after quitting heroin?

crookkedwizzdum

Greenlighter
I cannot find information for this specific question ANYWHERE.

Can you get high again on suboxone/subutex if you quit heroin, and if so, how long after quitting heroin will it take to get high off of subs again?

I really hope someone can answer this..thank you!

-CW

After a good 2 months, you will be able to catch an extremely enjoyable and long lasting (it comes in waves like methadone would) opioid high off of bupe, whether it be in suboxone or subutex form. It's very enjoyable, and if you wait a week or two between doses you can keep your tolerance low and still catch a buzz, also without getting physically hooked either. When you start at low to no tolerance again after a long break or something, bupe takes a lot longer than heroin does to develop a physical addiction again. Meaning you can use bupe a handful of times before you find yourself "needing" the drug, as opposed to heroin, if you have had an addiction to before, which quickly develops physical addiction. For me, if used in a high dose, I get hooked literally from one night. Not one use, but one night of using, so that's multiple shots usually totaling a bun or two depending on quality.

Yes you can.
I have been a opioidaddict for a long time. Was on heroin for 8 years and managed to quit with the help of first Bupe and then Methadone maintanence.
Quit Methadone 4 years ago and have been taking Buprenorphine from time to time (with 0 tolerance) and I can catch a small buzz for a couple of days before I just get the typical Bupe effects.

I can't really say how long you should stay off opioids all together before you can catch a buzz from Bupe though.. It would depend on your tolerance/addiction and personal chemistry.

look up a conversion of heroin to bupe or any opiate and you'll see that bupe is a actually extremely potent so yes u wil get high just may not be as euphoric. just now that with bupe less is more because at high doses it tends to act as a blocker. I did h for years and when I had take a break and used bupe a smaller amount fucked me up way more.

when I was incarcerated I went 13 days with nothing (RandD) and when I got an 8th of bupe it was very pleasent

I went 46 days clean and broke from PAWS and went back to bupe.. 1mg had me nodding and totally euphoric for like 8 hours.. it was actually one of the best opiate highs i ever had. (used H and oxy for 10 yrs)

Hell yes to the poster above me... It was one of the best opiate highs for me as well, because the initial opiated warming euphoria lasts way longer, coming in waves with bupe. (When you take it with no tolerance)

Hadnt fucked with opiates except the occasional few percs or vics every few months for a few years actually, (5 years actually) and my friend had a healthy script to bupe and he gave me a 2mg slice and i IV'ed it, at first i wasnt sure it was enough, then after about 5mins i was like alright im feeling ok, after 10 i was like ohhhh boyyyyy this is nicee, after 15mins i could barely hold my eyes open. Caught a ride to a friends house and proceeded to sleep on his couch for the next 10 hours. Every once in awhile i would apparently pop awake and say something that made no sense what so ever and instantly pass back out. Def did a little much but goddamn it was one of the best highs ive ever had. i had been on oc's and h from 04-09. As for how long you should wait, ide wait atleast a month before i think i could actually get high on bupe itself after a dope addiction.

Once upon a time, I was opiate free for a couple of months. i took a suboxone and had a wonderful high that lasted a good long while. it was quite enjoyable. have fun and be safe :)