• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Can you get addicted to VERY small amounts of benzedrex?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
So I've been using SMALL amounts of benzedrex, meaning I have never swallowed one of the cottons but the dosage for allergies on it says 4 inhalations (2 in each nostril) every 2 hours and for several days a week, not EVERY day but maybe 4 or 5 days MAX, for the past 2-3 weeks, I've been using up to 12 inhalations (6 in each nostril) every two hours, not more often, just to give me a little more energy along with coffee.

I haven't found there to be bad side effects, and its just a mild stimulant.

But now I realized it's been a few days since I haven't used it and possibly 2 weeks since I have gone like 3 or more days in a row when I haven't used it AT ALL so now I am concerned, if I don't stop will this turn into an addiction with withdrawal symptoms??

Should I stop using it for a few days just to be sure that I don't get any WD effects??

Again, it seems mild and I don't use it EVERY SINGLE day but the past week I have used it most days, probably about 3 times a day spaced out every 2 hours, so I just want to be sure.

Thanks

Why do people sometimes completely ignore my threads?

Could someone PLEASE at least GUESS as to the answer to this question?

Thanks.

well if you do it over years i think a addiction will develop but less because the substance but the pattern of using it,like with cigarettes,a big part of the withdrawal is quitting the pattern of using it in boring situations

well if you do it over years i think a addiction will develop but less because the substance but the pattern of using it,like with cigarettes,a big part of the withdrawal is quitting the pattern of using it in boring situations

Ok, but I'm not talking about years, I'm talking about using it 2-3 times a day for the past couple weeks.

Does anyone know if that kind of thing can get me addicted to it to the point where I'll go through WD symptoms if I stop??

I mean, I'm going to find out soon enough anyway cause I think I should just not use it for a few days, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this.

Perhaps it's easier to answer the question of whether or not anyone on BL has ever had a Benzedrex addiction from LARGER amounts of it??

I've never swallowed the cotton and don't plan on it, but I'd assume that swallowing one is ingesting a dose that is probably like 15 times what I am doing.

simple answer is yes, you can get addicted. Everyone with an addiction didnt start shooting a bundle a day or popping 4 roxy 30s at once or doing gram sized lines of coke.... same with benzedrex.

It's possible to get psychologically addicted to anything, but consider how much you're actually taking. Each inhalation is 0.4-0.5mg of propylhexedrine so you're getting roughly 5 - 6mg out of 12 inhalations. At 3 times a day, that's 15-18mg. There's 250mg in each inhaler, and you're taking barely over 5% of that. Not only is that a very low amount, I'm actually surprised you're able to feel effects from such a low dose.

Anyway, stimulant withdrawal is mostly psychological, but I highly doubt you'd feel anything from such low amounts. The worst you'll get is maybe some fatigue and lack of focus. I wouldn't worry about it, but if you feel some sort of compulsion or dependence forming (which it sounds like you do from the tone of your post), then I'd just stop taking it.

It's possible, but the I think the side effects from it would stop you from taking so much...not fun when you over do it with rapid heartbeat and anxiety... Tried it a few times years ago, stimulating but not that euphoric. Wish those old benzadrine inhaers were still around from way back in the day that jack kerouac wrote aobut doing...

I was exposed to injecting the Benzedrex (after cooking to form it into powder) 18 years ago. I have used the inhalers extensively on and off for this long. I have never suffered withdrawal symptoms when I have quit cold turkey, I have never overdosed even with a very large amount used, and my liver seems to be in fine shape. However, I do feel that I am psychologically dependent on the drug, for now I simply chew on the cotton to extract the medicine.Anytime I have a project that needs completed I feel I have to have the drug to be productive. I feel I cannot concentrate or have interest in any kind of project without it.

Most if not all stimulants don't cause much withdrawl.

As a heroin addict and a benzodiazepine addict I agree with you to a degree, as a methamphetamine addict, I do not agree, quitting methamphetamine (which is not the stimulant in question here) can be pretty disabillitating, but not at all in the way that quitting benzos, barbs, alcohol or opiates is.

OP you got nothing to worry about, I actually am surprised that you can get off on 12 inhalations (which is about 6mg of propylhexadrine or less). Anyway, though, since you are, I've found myself lately in a similar kind of situation, as I have been using propylhexadrine on a semi-frequent basis ever since I quit methamphetamine. Does propylhexadrine create a psychological addiction, it definitely can, just because it's the most easily accessible and legal stimulant in the united states next to coffee, does not mean it's a very real drug. IMO propylhexadrine is a real nice stimulant, and I'm glad that using it intravenously can be fatal or else I'd probably be shooting it up and shoplifting the things by the dozen. But just swallowing the cotton or the extracted drug produces a very smooth CNS stimulant effect, that I've gotten very fond of since quitting methamphetamine.

As a heroin addict and a benzodiazepine addict I agree with you to a degree, as a methamphetamine addict, I do not agree, quitting methamphetamine (which is not the stimulant in question here) can be pretty disabillitating, but not at all in the way that quitting benzos, barbs, alcohol or opiates is.

OP you got nothing to worry about, I actually am surprised that you can get off on 12 inhalations (which is about 6mg of propylhexadrine or less). Anyway, though, since you are, I've found myself lately in a similar kind of situation, as I have been using propylhexadrine on a semi-frequent basis ever since I quit methamphetamine. Does propylhexadrine create a psychological addiction, it definitely can, just because it's the most easily accessible and legal stimulant in the united states next to coffee, does not mean it's a very real drug. IMO propylhexadrine is a real nice stimulant, and I'm glad that using it intravenously can be fatal or else I'd probably be shooting it up and shoplifting the things by the dozen. But just swallowing the cotton or the extracted drug produces a very smooth CNS stimulant effect, that I've gotten very fond of since quitting methamphetamine.

Really??

I've heard it's NOT a smooth effect but very hard on the body??

I've been VERY reluctant to ever try swallowing one of the cottons because I drink a SHITLOAD of coffee, like 8 cups a day.

Is there ANY WAY that I could swallow one of the cottons and NOT be in danger of heart problems when I drink that much coffee???

I mean I take other stimulants without having WAY too many problems (I have gotten over stimulated and panicky at times and probably had high blood pressure but was ok) like LOW doses of Dexadrine and Prolintane which I've heard is similar to benzedrex, but I'm still nervous about doing it.

I mean I have a LARGE amount of benzedrex inhalers in my house due to my grandfather having been a doctor and them somehow accidentally getting mailed here...it would be a benzedrex fans' wet dream lol....they are all over the place in my house...and with THAT kind of access I am curious to try it, but I don't know why it concerns me more than doing Dex or Prolintane to swallow one of those cottons.

I guess it's just that it isn't prescribed to be used that way so I tend to assume that doing that could be dangerous.

Is it less dangerous than I'm assuming it is??

And how long does the experience last when you swallow a cotton?

I'm pretty sure any effect you have from this is in your head you have too eat like 2 inhalers to feel anything in my experience

I'm pretty sure any effect you have from this is in your head you have too eat like 2 inhalers to feel anything in my experience

No it's not.

I mean it's a VERY mild effect but I can take my pulse after several inhalations and it goes up so that alone isn't in my head.

It's just more like a VERY mild VERY temporary effect that just lasts about 20 mins.

My brother tried it also and took his pulse afterwards and it sped it up.

I mean it's an inhaler so it's going to do that.

Asthma inhalers also temporarily speed up your pulse rate.

Asthma inhalers, like albuterol ones, or corticoid steroid inhalers (symbicort for example) will speed up your heart rate, but these are very different types of drugs than benzedrex inhalers. Do NOT attempt getting high off of albuterol sulfate or any type of asthma medication, it's all PNS stimulation, its extremely uncomfortable and very dangerous, I knew a woman who had a heart attack from using her albuterol inhaler too often.

You do not need to eat 2 cottons to feel a high, well I take that back, if you are using tons of meth or amphetamines, then you might, as there is a cross tolerance as I remember from when I had an adderall prescription. 1 cotton or 250mg as I remember seemed to give me the same effects of an adderall dose ranging between 30-45mg. I just consumed 2/3 of a cotton and I am very spun right now. IMO propylhexadrine is a very smooth CNS stimulant, to the point where it actually makes me tired sometimes (which both meth and dexadrine have done to me in the past). The only thing that is somewhat unpleasant is that sometimes I find the vasoconstriction to be uncomfortable, but normally I don't experience that. There are basically, from what I've observed here on BL, two camps of people, those who like benzedrex a whole lot and find it to be a smooth CNS stimulant, and those who hate it and claim that it's all PNS stimulation and very dirty feeling.

While from a HR point of view I'm sure it's not a healthy practice, I have noticed that eating the cotton, rather than extracting it in lemon juice is much more pleasant. I don't know why this is, but when I'd do the extraction I would sometimes feel over stimulated and get head aches, but since I started eating the cottons, I don't get any of that. I also find it way more tolerable to just swallow the cotton than to drink the extracted drug suspended in lemon juice (which tastes horrible). If your tolerance to amphetamines is low, or you have no tolerance, I would start off with 2/3 of a cotton, though even 1/2 a cotton would definitely produce euphoria, if I'm feeling as good as I am right now off 2/3 or one (I usually take a whole cotton).

It should be noted, do not try to extract this stuff for the purpose of injection. Propylhexadrine can cause severe brain stem dysfunction when injected intravenously, so just swallow it or plug it (that works I've done it too). It is also a very real stimulant, and should be respected as one, there is addiction potential and all that, I'm quite frankly shocked that these things are still available for anyone to buy without a prescription or anything.

Even without tolerance I feel nothing from eating 1 cotton. I cant imagine feeling 15mg or w.e inahled when I feel nothing from 250mg Idk. Are you sure the heart increase isn't psychosomatic like your expecting and increase so it happens

Even without tolerance I feel nothing from eating 1 cotton. I cant imagine feeling 15mg or w.e inahled when I feel nothing from 250mg Idk. Are you sure the heart increase isn't psychosomatic like your expecting and increase so it happens

All I know is that I get a VERY VERY mild VERY temporary SLIGHT stimulant effect.

Whether it's placebo or not I can't say but it happens and I can see my eyes water in the mirror as I do it as well, whatever that means.

But it DOES speed up the heart rate for ALL people as ALL inhalers of all kinds do otherwise it would not open your airways which is what it is meant to do.

And to whoever said not to try to use asthma inhalers to get high I'm not an idiot.

I've had mild asthma my whole life and have always used inhalers and I know that they don't get your high and it would be retarded to try but they, like ALL inhalers, of course do speed up your heart rate temporarily.

I wasn't specifically talking to you, I was just stating that in general because a lot of people don't know that it can be really dangerous. I knew some tweakers that would puff on albuterol to increase their tweak so to speak, though all it would really do Is increase PNS stimulation and anxiety.